Thread: DNA Consultants

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    N-Y85063 (Y7300+)
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a1j w A16194c

Sweden
    Seems they are not using the typical multi-SNP chips, but instead test CODIS (and CODIS-like) autosomal STRs in most of their tests.
    They also have separate mtdna and Y-dna tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Their Webpage
    About Our Premium Male DNA Test
    Your Y chromosome is examined at 25 locations for distinctive markers called Y-STRs. The scores for the 25 Y-STRs determine your fatherís male line or pedigree, which follows the surname through history.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Melungeon
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z57
    mtDNA (M)
    T2a

United States of America United Kingdom France Netherlands Germany Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by BroderTuck View Post
    Seems they are not using the typical multi-SNP chips, but instead test CODIS (and CODIS-like) autosomal STRs in most of their tests.
    They also have separate mtdna and Y-dna tests.
    Indeed. I prefer STR for autosomal over SNP. I know people have their criticisms of the method, but the results I got from their test were way better than I've gotten from SNP testing. STR does well picking up trace amounts so it'll give you populations that are considered "deep" or ancient contributors along with your recent admixture. An example would be that it gave me India as a match and a genetic marker for South Asia. I have no recent Indian ancestry that im aware of. No big box companies ever gave me that, but I get it in GEDMatch calculators, ancient admix tests and LM Genetics chromosome analysis. My mother took the same STR test and got the same matches and markers so I guess it could be distant Romani or something from her side. All the big box SNP companies give me contradicting results and fall short big time. This test doesn't give you percentages, they just tell you what your admixture consists of. I think this approach is more logical considering the way genetics pass on and the fact every population is mixed to some degree.
    Ancestry on paper: British, Irish, French, Swiss, Dutch, German, Spanish/Portuguese, African, Cherokee

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MR J For This Useful Post:

Mixed (01-14-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-YP1337
    mtDNA (M)
    H1

Italy United Kingdom Poland Ukraine Russian Federation Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by MR J View Post
    Indeed. I prefer STR for autosomal over SNP. I know people have their criticisms of the method, but the results I got from their test were way better than I've gotten from SNP testing. STR does well picking up trace amounts so it'll give you populations that are considered "deep" or ancient contributors along with your recent admixture. An example would be that it gave me India as a match and a genetic marker for South Asia. I have no recent Indian ancestry that im aware of. No big box companies ever gave me that, but I get it in GEDMatch calculators, ancient admix tests and LM Genetics chromosome analysis. My mother took the same STR test and got the same matches and markers so I guess it could be distant Romani or something from her side. All the big box SNP companies give me contradicting results and fall short big time. This test doesn't give you percentages, they just tell you what your admixture consists of. I think this approach is more logical considering the way genetics pass on and the fact every population is mixed to some degree.
    You have me really looking forward to my results.
    Eurogenes K-13
    East_Sicilian + Southeast_English + Southwest_Russian + West_German @ 1.258977

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-YP1337
    mtDNA (M)
    H1

Think they will detect some of these ethnicities?

MDLP K16 Modern
    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% Belarusian_Kobryn_Brest +50% Greek_Peloponnes @ 2.194263
    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% Cossack_Zaporozhie +25% Italian_Abruzzo +25% Scottish_Dumfries_Galloway @ 1.700068
    Using 4 populations approximation:
    1 Armenian_Vanatur_Hrazdan + Belarusian_Belarus + Lithuanian_Lithuania + Spanish_Aragon @ 1.432532
    2 Armenian_Vanatur_Hrazdan + Belarusian_Belarus + Lithuanian_Lithuania + Spanish_Cantabria @ 1.444948
    3 Armenian_Vanatur_Hrazdan + Lithuanian_Lithuania + Lithuanian_Lithuania + Spanish_Aragon @ 1.496692
    4 Druze_Mount_Carmel + English_Cornwall + German_Germany + Latvian_Dobele_Dobele @ 1.574333
    5 Armenian_Vanatur_Hrazdan + Lithuanian_Lithuania + Lithuanian_Lithuania + Spanish_Cantabria @ 1.579562
    6 Druze_Mount_Carmel + English_England + German_Germany + Latvian_Dobele_Dobele @ 1.586604
    7 Greek_Peloponnes + Pole_EastPoland + Romanian_Gorj + Ukrainians_north_NorthUkraine @ 1.617655
    8 Armenian_Vanatur_Hrazdan + Belarusian_Belarus + Latvian_Dobele_Dobele + Spanish_Valencia @ 1.620198
    9 Jew_Ashkenazim + Cossack_Zaporozhie + German_Germany + Ukrainians_north_NorthUkraine @ 1.631361
    10 Druze_Mount_Carmel + German_Germany + Irish_Leinster + Latvian_Dobele_Dobele @ 1.639092
    11 Jew_Ashkenazi + Cossack_Zaporozhie + German_Germany + Ukrainians_north_NorthUkraine @ 1.639712
    12 Armenian_Vanatur_Hrazdan + Belarusian_Belarus + Latvian_Dobele_Dobele + Spanish_Cataluna @ 1.646086
    13 Druze_Mount_Carmel + German_Germany + Irish_Ulster + Latvian_Dobele_Dobele @ 1.646130
    14 Druze_Mount_Carmel + English_Kent + German_Germany + Latvian_Dobele_Dobele @ 1.647982
    15 Druze_Mount_Carmel + German_Germany + Irish_Cork_Kerry + Latvian_Dobele_Dobele @ 1.662499
    16 Armenian_Vanatur_Hrazdan + Belarusian_Belarus + Latvian_Latvia + Spanish_Valencia @ 1.663085
    17 Armenian_Vanatur_Hrazdan + Belarusian_Belarus + Latvian_Latvia + Spanish_Aragon @ 1.663816
    18 Belarusian_Belarus + Jew_Bulgaria + Cossack_Zaporozhie + German_Germany @ 1.675971
    19 Armenian_Vanatur_Hrazdan + Lithuanian_Lithuania + Spanish_Cantabria + Ukrainians_east_EastUkraine @ 1.679103
    20 Druze_Mount_Carmel + English_Cornwall + German_Germany + Latvian_Latvia @ 1.679229
    Eurogenes K-13

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Melungeon
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z57
    mtDNA (M)
    T2a

Very likely.
    Ancestry on paper: British, Irish, French, Swiss, Dutch, German, Spanish/Portuguese, African, Cherokee

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MR J For This Useful Post:

Mixed (01-14-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-YP1337
    mtDNA (M)
    H1

Very likely.
    How long did it take you to get your results?
    Eurogenes K-13

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Melungeon
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z57
    mtDNA (M)
    T2a

Quote Originally Posted by Mixed View Post
    How long did it take you to get your results?
    A few weeks I think.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MR J For This Useful Post:

Mixed (01-17-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-YP1337
    mtDNA (M)
    H1

A few weeks I think.
    Thanks man.
    Eurogenes K-13

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mixed For This Useful Post:

MR J (01-17-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Melungeon
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z57
    mtDNA (M)
    T2a

No problem.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-YP1337
    mtDNA (M)
    H1

They did not do too bad. Should have been a little Russian and Polish there but not bad at all. I upgraded to Mid level to get more results in two weeks with my Trump money. I did not realize they did not give you full results with basic test. So these results will change within two weeks.

1 Croatia (n = 200)
    2 Portugal (n = 150)
    3 Estonia (n = 150)
    4 Western Sicily (n = 120)
    5 Slovakia (n = 247)
    6 Scotland -Highlands (n = 228)
    7 France -South (n = 335)
    8 Netherlands (n = 231)
    9 Serbia/Vojvodina/Montenegro (n = 100)
    10 Slovenia (n = 207)
    11 Armenian -(n = 404)
    12 Germany (n = 662)
    13 Ukraine (n = 900)
    14 Albanian -Kosovo (n = 136)
    15 Romania (n=243)
    16 Switzerland (n = 402)
    17 Scotland -Lowlands (n = 494)
    18 Latvia (n = 500)
    19 Austria (n = 222)
    20 England/Wales (n = 437
    Last edited by Mixed; 01-21-2021 at 07:59 PM.
    Eurogenes K-13

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mixed For This Useful Post:

MR J (01-21-2021)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast