Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 282

Thread: Single thread for G25 modelling requests

  1. #231
    Registered Users
    Posts
    6,155
    Sex
    Location
    Australia
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

    Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nino90 View Post
    Are you sure it is based of diaspora Italians?

    Here is mine. I did just score North, TSI , Tuscan and Central Italian.
    I only stated this based on the genetic creator in Dodecad ...........he stated the first sample was from Ukraine in 2011


    Dodecad ProjectJune 22, 2011 at 1:34 AM

    O_Italian is Other Italian, and that is all due to a single individual that I am waiting to hear from to see whether he/she has any explanation for these results. I will also carry another data cleanup once I'm done with this, to detect submitted relatives or outliers that likely misreported their ancestry. This is part of the reason why I am not reporting raw averages at this time, as I have not cleaned up all the latest submissions.

    Part of the (to be continued) involves visually inspecting the population portraits to catch outliers such as the one contributing the "Northeast Asian" in the O_Italian sample.
    Last edited by vettor; 06-23-2021 at 05:20 PM.


    My Path = ( K-M9+, LT-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483+ )


    Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-CTS6397 yDna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtDna
    Son's mtDna = K1a4p

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

     Nino90 (06-23-2021)

  3. #232
    Registered Users
    Posts
    141
    Sex
    Location
    Skopje
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Nationality
    Macedonian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-M67

    North Macedonia
    Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    you have a lot of O_Italians .....interesting

    O_Italian means "other italians" not living or found in Italy .............I have seen these O_Italian in the Western Balkans ( Croatia and Slovenia ), Austria, Switzerland, France, Poland and Ukraine
    Yeah, and its high, this is my another friend, also appears O.italian,

    # Population Percent
    1 Atlantic_Med 29.38
    2 North_European 28.14
    3 Caucasus 25.3
    4 Southwest_Asian 7.66
    5 Gedrosia 6.94
    6 Northwest_African 1.48
    7 East_Asian 1.11

    Single Population Sharing:

    # Population (source) Distance
    1 O_Italian (Dodecad) 7.73
    2 Bulgarian (Dodecad) 9.88
    3 Romanians (Behar) 9.99
    4 Bulgarians (Yunusbayev) 10.44
    5 N_Italian (Dodecad) 12.22
    6 TSI30 (Metspalu) 12.48
    7 Tuscan (HGDP) 12.86
    8 C_Italian (Dodecad) 13.09
    9 Greek (Dodecad) 13.71
    10 North_Italian (HGDP) 15.26
    11 S_Italian_Sicilian (Dodecad) 18.68
    12 Sicilian (Dodecad) 18.7
    13 Ashkenazy_Jews (Behar) 19.95
    14 Ashkenazi (Dodecad) 20.02
    15 Hungarians (Behar) 21.08
    16 Baleares (1000Genomes) 22.12
    17 French (Dodecad) 22.53
    18 French (HGDP) 22.54
    19 Galicia (1000Genomes) 22.55
    20 Extremadura (1000Genomes) 23.19

    Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 56.2% S_Italian_Sicilian (Dodecad) + 43.8% German (Dodecad) @ 2.31
    2 84.4% O_Italian (Dodecad) + 15.6% Mordovians (Yunusbayev) @ 2.36
    3 51.1% Cypriots (Behar) + 48.9% Norwegian (Dodecad) @ 2.37
    4 55.1% Dutch (Dodecad) + 44.9% Cypriots (Behar) @ 2.37
    5 65.1% S_Italian_Sicilian (Dodecad) + 34.9% Swedish (Dodecad) @ 2.47
    6 85.1% O_Italian (Dodecad) + 14.9% Russian (HGDP) @ 2.52
    7 55.8% Ashkenazy_Jews (Behar) + 44.2% Mixed_Germanic (Dodecad) @ 2.55
    8 56.8% Mixed_Germanic (Dodecad) + 43.2% Cypriots (Behar) @ 2.57
    9 56.2% Sicilian (Dodecad) + 43.8% German (Dodecad) @ 2.64
    10 54.6% Ashkenazy_Jews (Behar) + 45.4% German (Dodecad) @ 2.64
    11 84.9% O_Italian (Dodecad) + 15.1% Russian_B (Behar) @ 2.69
    12 83.9% O_Italian (Dodecad) + 16.1% Mixed_Slav (Dodecad) @ 2.7
    13 57.5% Ashkenazy_Jews (Behar) + 42.5% Dutch (Dodecad) @ 2.71
    14 51.2% German (Dodecad) + 48.8% Sephardic_Jews (Behar) @ 2.73
    15 86.7% O_Italian (Dodecad) + 13.3% Lithuanian (Dodecad) @ 2.75
    16 87.7% O_Italian (Dodecad) + 12.3% Finnish (Dodecad) @ 2.76
    17 63.5% Ashkenazy_Jews (Behar) + 36.5% Norwegian (Dodecad) @ 2.76
    18 87.5% O_Italian (Dodecad) + 12.5% Lithuanians (Behar) @ 2.79
    19 83% O_Italian (Dodecad) + 17% Ukranians (Yunusbayev) @ 2.79
    20 87.4% O_Italian (Dodecad) + 12.6% FIN30 (1000Genomes) @ 2.79
    Target: Me
    Distance: 2.1519% / 0.02151936
    76.0 __IllyricRoman
    21.8 __Slavic
    1.8 __Alanic
    0.4 __Levantine

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vasile For This Useful Post:

     vettor (06-27-2021)

  5. #233
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,806
    Sex
    Location
    America
    Ethnicity
    North & Ionian Seas
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1 (P109)

    England Italy Germany Scotland
    I think the O_Italian is the listing for Italian without confirmed ancestry to one specific area. Can't list it as south or north or central, so its "other".

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JerryS. For This Useful Post:

     TonyC (08-30-2021),  Vasile (06-25-2021),  vettor (06-27-2021)

  7. #234
    Registered Users
    Posts
    6,155
    Sex
    Location
    Australia
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

    Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryS. View Post
    I think the O_Italian is the listing for Italian without confirmed ancestry to one specific area. Can't list it as south or north or central, so its "other".
    The Roman/Illyrian samples from the bronze-age in modern Croatia are listed as O_Italian ................


    My Path = ( K-M9+, LT-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483+ )


    Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-CTS6397 yDna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtDna
    Son's mtDna = K1a4p

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

     JerryS. (06-27-2021),  Vasile (06-27-2021)

  9. #235
    Registered Users
    Posts
    135
    Sex
    Location
    Southeast U.S.
    Ethnicity
    British Isles/Germanic
    Nationality
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-DF13, Z251

    United States Grand Union England Germany Ireland
    My known origins are 28/32 Colonial America, 13 colonies only, 2/32 pre-Civil War Irish immigrant, and 2/32 pre-Civil War German immigrant.
    Milton_scaled,0.122929,0.138112,0.061471,0.03553,0 .043393,0.015618,0.001175,0.010846,0.005318,0.0105 7,-0.007795,-0.002698,-0.005054,-0.007019,0.011672,0.008088,-0.000913,-0.00038,0.008673,-0.002626,0.006988,0.002597,0.003821,0.014098,0.003 233

    Also, how strong is that Africa signal, and how far back would it be assuming it is real and not noise? There’s a rumor that one of my ancestors was “native” and I suspect someone got some details a little wrong.

  10. #236
    Registered Users
    Posts
    135
    Sex
    Location
    Southeast U.S.
    Ethnicity
    British Isles/Germanic
    Nationality
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-DF13, Z251

    United States Grand Union England Germany Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton1997 View Post
    My known origins are 28/32 Colonial America, 13 colonies only, 2/32 pre-Civil War Irish immigrant, and 2/32 pre-Civil War German immigrant.
    Milton_scaled,0.122929,0.138112,0.061471,0.03553,0 .043393,0.015618,0.001175,0.010846,0.005318,0.0105 7,-0.007795,-0.002698,-0.005054,-0.007019,0.011672,0.008088,-0.000913,-0.00038,0.008673,-0.002626,0.006988,0.002597,0.003821,0.014098,0.003 233

    Also, how strong is that Africa signal, and how far back would it be assuming it is real and not noise? There’s a rumor that one of my ancestors was “native” and I suspect someone got some details a little wrong.
    Milton,0.0108,0.0136,0.0163,0.011,0.0141,0.0056,0. 0005,0.0047,0.0026,0.0058,-0.0048,-0.0018,-0.0034,-0.0051,0.0086,0.0061,-0.0007,-0.0003,0.0069,-0.0021,0.0056,0.0021,0.0031,0.0117,0.0027

    Can’t believe I forgot unsealed

  11. #237
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,000
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-BY27340
    mtDNA (M)
    H1q2

    Spain Basque Andalucia
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton1997 View Post
    My known origins are 28/32 Colonial America, 13 colonies only, 2/32 pre-Civil War Irish immigrant, and 2/32 pre-Civil War German immigrant.
    Also, how strong is that Africa signal, and how far back would it be assuming it is real and not noise? There’s a rumor that one of my ancestors was “native” and I suspect someone got some details a little wrong.
    Code:
    Neolithic_Europe:Iberia_N,0.1239407,0.1755737,0.0341921,-0.0626261,0.0768007,-0.0339317,-0.004439,-0.0011793,0.0618117,0.0996021,0.0021292,0.015586,-0.0343077,-0.0108723,-0.0189858,-0.0058929,0.0074029,0.001844,0.0048463,-0.0070036,0.002468,0.0035996,-0.008148,-0.0235909,9.3e-05
    Neolithic_Europe:BGR_N,0.120368,0.183049,0.0082968,-0.086241,0.0510865,-0.0429492,0.00235,-0.002942,0.0388085,0.085742,0.0137622,0.0133382,-0.0244175,-0.0001377,-0.0350498,-0.0144855,0.0216762,0.0030408,0.007982,-0.0117242,-0.0129145,0.0094902,-0.0033585,-0.0052118,-0.005269
    Neolithic_Europe:CZE_N,0.122929,0.1843185,0.019422,-0.0773585,0.064627,-0.0444835,-0.009165,0.001385,0.0488815,0.084102,0.001299,0.0178345,-0.0246775,0.0060555,-0.027619,-0.011403,0.0042375,0.0032935,0.01169,-0.01507,-0.005553,0.010201,-0.012078,-0.0103625,-0.004012
    Neolithic_Europe:GRC_N,0.118376,0.18178,-0.001131,-0.105622,0.057241,-0.051037,-0.00423,-0.003923,0.039064,0.090207,0.003735,0.013638,-0.019177,-0.007569,-0.046959,-0.004243,0.040028,0.003927,0.004022,-0.013506,-0.012228,0.014096,0.00037,0.001325,-0.004311
    Neolithic_Europe:HUN_Starcevo_N,0.122246,0.1886854,0.0077688,-0.0985152,0.0593956,-0.0521526,-0.0032432,-0.0068304,0.0448726,0.0865622,0.008217,0.0126786,-0.0229534,0.0046514,-0.0378388,-0.0226466,0.0074318,0.002179,0.0110612,-0.0154824,-0.0138756,0.0108072,-0.0017254,-0.0052776,-0.0043348
    Neolithic_Europe:ITA_Sardinia_N,0.1201974,0.1748742,0.0429918,-0.0535534,0.0780454,-0.029172,-0.006392,0.0015692,0.0629932,0.094289,0.0031506,0.0159756,-0.0350544,-0.0134594,-0.0193538,-0.0040042,0.0115,-0.0011148,0.0076926,-0.008329,0.0036184,0.003586,-0.015258,-0.0290884,0.0016286
    Neolithic_Europe:ITA_N,0.1246362,0.1774638,0.013859,-0.0751782,0.0597805,-0.0377198,-0.0025262,-0.0014422,0.0414162,0.084694,0.0013802,0.0142372,-0.0270562,-0.00289,-0.026669,-0.0019558,0.0156135,0.0035475,0.0073848,-0.0041895,-0.002589,0.0029367,-0.0081343,-0.017141,0.0007482
    Neolithic_Europe:ROU_N,0.126913,0.1848265,0.011125,-0.0999685,0.05878,-0.0541045,-0.00094,-0.004615,0.0459155,0.091574,0.0043845,0.013563,-0.027428,0.0013765,-0.0468235,-0.0113365,0.024838,0.0012035,0.0117525,-0.012318,-0.014662,0.0054405,-0.006532,0.0038555,-0.0070055
    Neolithic_Europe:SRB_N,0.1277662,0.1822878,0.010748,-0.0957695,0.0574722,-0.0440648,-0.00094,-0.005769,0.039013,0.0868812,0.0036942,0.0131508,-0.022262,0.0014108,-0.0391552,-0.01369,0.0202748,0.000697,0.0124128,-0.0138505,-0.007331,0.0062138,-0.0083192,0.0020182,5.98e-05
    Neolithic_Europe:Wales_N,0.12236,0.1675625,0.0494025,-0.0421515,0.0829385,-0.0207775,-0.003995,-0.000808,0.0583915,0.085013,-0.002111,0.0109405,-0.031665,-0.0063305,-0.0109935,-0.00716,0.0065845,0.002217,-0.0023885,-0.004752,0.014911,0.006677,-0.0162075,-0.0409095,-0.001916
    Neolithic_Europe:Scotland_N,0.1269127,0.1690178,0.0542928,-0.0322677,0.0862828,-0.0224879,-0.0037679,0.0030922,0.0634297,0.0853533,-0.0002544,0.0123091,-0.0271157,-0.0115236,-0.0072611,0.0027269,0.0076274,0.0045017,0.0042653,-0.0041436,0.0120538,0.0032151,-0.0154018,-0.0339485,-0.0001358
    Neolithic_Europe:England_N,0.1257112,0.1700446,0.0558139,-0.0370732,0.0841866,-0.0225592,-0.0048307,0.0018717,0.0641522,0.0895791,0.0026342,0.013388,-0.0261313,-0.0128294,-0.0092139,0.0046407,0.0148638,0.0027167,0.0030586,-0.000264,0.0108697,0.0025142,-0.014379,-0.031477,0.0003326
    Bronze_Age_Invaders:AN10,0.1242948,0.0883510,0.0436707,0.1151505,-0.0285283,0.0451246,0.0043710,-0.0021923,-0.0563668,-0.0732041,0.0018024,0.0009291,-0.0029287,-0.0225426,0.0358843,0.0144389,-0.0011735,-0.0042316,-0.0040350,0.0123809,-0.0037808,0.0000741,0.0072346,0.0193519,-0.0029337
    Bronze_Age_Invaders::BN10,0.1160995,0.0872339,0.0400881,0.1102730,-0.0310825,0.0437021,0.0032196,-0.0054228,-0.0573076,-0.0751905,-0.0004059,-0.0022330,-0.0009812,-0.0235335,0.0315685,0.0104348,-0.0031815,-0.0024704,-0.0011188,0.0094544,-0.0050411,0.0015704,0.0124357,0.0203281,-0.0051253
    Africa:ETH_4500BP,-0.511066,0.043668,0.000754,0.000969,-0.00277,-0.011435,0.050997,-0.045229,0.089172,-0.087838,-0.012991,-0.002997,-0.031219,0.000688,0.02158,-0.029965,0.027772,0.039273,0.00176,-0.009004,0.000374,0.006183,-0.003451,-0.00241,-0.000838
    Asia:Neolithic:CHN_Yellow_River_LN,0.0166466,-0.4503874,0.0109365,-0.0657709,0.0545101,0.0217886,0.0037894,0.0012404,-0.0097149,0.0040092,-0.0851524,-0.0100032,0.0123945,-0.0059179,-0.0088896,-0.000895,0.001483,-0.0003801,-0.0048392,-0.0075191,0.0172975,0.007543,0.0128639,-0.0006476,0.0073496
    Asia:Neolithic:RUS_Yakutia_Ymyiakhtakh_LN,0.0364232,-0.4186518,0.135575,-0.0031492,-0.1417958,-0.0745335,0.0231485,0.032191,0.023111,0.003508,0.064387,0.0022855,0.001821,-0.0322725,-0.0293495,-0.019358,0.0014992,0.0118135,0.0232855,0.006128,0.0260477,-0.025225,0.0051148,0.0064162,0.0107775
    Levant:PPNB,0.0725625,0.1650235,-0.0309238,-0.1380835,0.0323138,-0.062541,-0.012103,-0.0141338,0.0735775,0.0367207,0.0194055,-0.0170098,0.036459,-0.000241,-0.021342,0.0067288,0.0089638,-0.0013935,-0.0054052,0.0192277,-0.0037435,0.007852,-0.0014175,-0.0062658,-0.0047002
    North_Africa_Neolithic:MAR_EN+LN,-0.0759773,0.1200863,-0.0112193,-0.0894710,0.0378528,-0.0570333,-0.0535235,0.0151150,0.1169368,0.0292488,0.0211918,-0.0123268,0.0390605,-0.0375368,0.0368480,-0.0119330,0.0249358,-0.0347760,-0.0913508,0.0167893,-0.0282940,-0.0701110,0.0472043,-0.0099110,0.0087120
    SSA:CMR_Shum_Laka_3000BP,-0.6129375,0.0528075,0.013765,0.0272935,0.000769,-0.001813,0.1482915,-0.1137645,0.00542,0.004374,-0.001056,-0.0400145,-0.025272,0.0019955,0.008279,-0.0068285,0.005802,0.016153,-0.0067245,0.0010005,-0.001934,-0.0020405,-0.00456,0.000482,-0.006586
    SSA:CMR_Shum_Laka_8000BP,-0.602693,0.055346,0.0148965,0.0263245,-0.0064625,0.00502,0.1243205,-0.099919,0.0138055,-0.007016,-0.00065,-0.0242785,-0.0203665,-0.0052295,0.0021035,-0.00179,0.0127125,0.017356,-0.0011945,-0.0040645,-0.003494,-0.000371,0.0016025,-0.0009035,-0.0020955
    Amerindian:BRA_LapaDoSanto_9600BP,0.050765,-0.3095332,0.1206032,0.098515,-0.1156522,-0.017626,-0.284645,-0.3400012,-0.0136212,-0.0184422,0.002241,-0.003267,0.0004162,0.017478,-0.0065688,0.0064438,0.006493,-0.001267,0.0026898,0.003727,-0.0010482,0.007963,-0.002662,-0.0043378,0.001413
    At least with this model your scaled coordinates do not mark any African or Amerindian (scaled):

    Target: Milton_scaled
    Distance: 3.9833% / 0.03983258

    53.2 Neolithic_Europe
    46.8 Bronze_Age_Invaders

    "Bronze Age Invaders" is not a tittle for a new 80s video game remake, they are 2 averages made of 10 Yamnaya individual samples each one, first one more "northern" and second one more "southern" geographically according to the sites where they were found. (at least accroding to the labels in datasheet).

    Edit:If you add Yoruba to the sources the result is exactly the same, but I didn´t want to use modern references in this model.
    Last edited by mokordo; 08-03-2021 at 10:04 PM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to mokordo For This Useful Post:

     Jessie (08-14-2021)

  13. #238
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,183
    Sex
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Ethnicity
    West European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152-Z36+FGC6511
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2a

    United States of America Germany England France Scotland Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton1997 View Post
    Milton,0.0108,0.0136,0.0163,0.011,0.0141,0.0056,0. 0005,0.0047,0.0026,0.0058,-0.0048,-0.0018,-0.0034,-0.0051,0.0086,0.0061,-0.0007,-0.0003,0.0069,-0.0021,0.0056,0.0021,0.0031,0.0117,0.0027

    Can’t believe I forgot unsealed
    I think the best way to research this minor ancestry is to use admixture tools, chromosome painters, segment matching with genetic "cousins", etc.

    I did create with the Ancestry Calculator for G25 (https://yk.github.io/ancestry/) a preset called "Adam Slow" that is designed to be used with unscaled coordinates and the Modern Population Averages spreadsheet that does a reasonable job of simulating low K admixture results as long as one is willing to do some mental transformation of the overfit results into general categories.

    As an example, these are my mother's results. She is on paper a little over half German (mostly Pennsylvania Dutch) and a little under half English and other Isles ancestry. Almost all of her ancestry is Colonial USA with only a little more recent immigrant ancestry. Admixture tests tend to show Balkan, South Asian, Amerind, and sometimes just a little African minor admixture. With the test I just described, she scores this:

    Distance: 0.938%

    Swiss_German: 31.2%
    Shetlandic: 29.3%
    French_South: 20.3%
    Sorb_Niederlausitz: 9.7%
    Swiss_French: 5.2%
    Gupta: 1.4%
    Ethiopian_Anuak: 1.4%
    Mbuti: 0.5%
    Igorot: 0.4%
    Aymara: 0.4%
    Biaka: 0.3%

    This is a pretty typical result for her percentage-wise as long as you generalize the results mentally.

    Another example is my father with no Colonial USA with all ancestry immigrating in the late 1800s from southerly parts of Germany. He matches a lot of Ashkenazi on Gedmatch and has the minor admixture characteristics that go with that primarily German and minor Ashkenazi ancestry. He scores on this test the following:

    Distance: 1.532%

    Norwegian: 38.7%
    Spanish_Soria: 34.6%
    Cossack_Kuban: 14.5%
    Palestinian_Beit_Sahour: 5.1%
    Greek_Laconia: 3.8%
    Mlabri: 1.4%
    Ju_hoan_North: 1.0%
    Evenk: 0.8%

    Again, one has to do the mental "Norwegian plus Spanish Soria plus part of the Cossack Kuban" = German and the rest = Ashkenazi or this will be unsatisfying.

    I said all that to say I got this result for you:

    Distance: 0.894%

    Norwegian: 50.6%
    Italian_Aosta_Valley: 24.5%
    Sorb_Niederlausitz: 11.6%
    Dutch: 4.4%
    Spanish_La_Rioja: 3.8%
    Han_Shanghai: 2.2%
    Yoruba: 1.7%
    Greenlander_East: 0.8%
    Biaka: 0.2%

    I would try to confirm the minor ancestry and its sources with tools like those in Gedmatch because it isn't necessarily going to come up with the right answer with this method, but my experience is that G25 does a pretty decent job.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to randwulf For This Useful Post:

     J-Live (08-04-2021),  JMcB (08-04-2021),  lacreme (08-31-2021)

  15. #239
    Registered Users
    Posts
    135
    Sex
    Location
    Southeast U.S.
    Ethnicity
    British Isles/Germanic
    Nationality
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-DF13, Z251

    United States Grand Union England Germany Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by randwulf View Post
    I think the best way to research this minor ancestry is to use admixture tools, chromosome painters, segment matching with genetic "cousins", etc.

    I did create with the Ancestry Calculator for G25 (https://yk.github.io/ancestry/) a preset called "Adam Slow" that is designed to be used with unscaled coordinates and the Modern Population Averages spreadsheet that does a reasonable job of simulating low K admixture results as long as one is willing to do some mental transformation of the overfit results into general categories.

    As an example, these are my mother's results. She is on paper a little over half German (mostly Pennsylvania Dutch) and a little under half English and other Isles ancestry. Almost all of her ancestry is Colonial USA with only a little more recent immigrant ancestry. Admixture tests tend to show Balkan, South Asian, Amerind, and sometimes just a little African minor admixture. With the test I just described, she scores this:

    Distance: 0.938%

    Swiss_German: 31.2%
    Shetlandic: 29.3%
    French_South: 20.3%
    Sorb_Niederlausitz: 9.7%
    Swiss_French: 5.2%
    Gupta: 1.4%
    Ethiopian_Anuak: 1.4%
    Mbuti: 0.5%
    Igorot: 0.4%
    Aymara: 0.4%
    Biaka: 0.3%

    This is a pretty typical result for her percentage-wise as long as you generalize the results mentally.

    Another example is my father with no Colonial USA with all ancestry immigrating in the late 1800s from southerly parts of Germany. He matches a lot of Ashkenazi on Gedmatch and has the minor admixture characteristics that go with that primarily German and minor Ashkenazi ancestry. He scores on this test the following:

    Distance: 1.532%

    Norwegian: 38.7%
    Spanish_Soria: 34.6%
    Cossack_Kuban: 14.5%
    Palestinian_Beit_Sahour: 5.1%
    Greek_Laconia: 3.8%
    Mlabri: 1.4%
    Ju_hoan_North: 1.0%
    Evenk: 0.8%

    Again, one has to do the mental "Norwegian plus Spanish Soria plus part of the Cossack Kuban" = German and the rest = Ashkenazi or this will be unsatisfying.

    I said all that to say I got this result for you:

    Distance: 0.894%

    Norwegian: 50.6%
    Italian_Aosta_Valley: 24.5%
    Sorb_Niederlausitz: 11.6%
    Dutch: 4.4%
    Spanish_La_Rioja: 3.8%
    Han_Shanghai: 2.2%
    Yoruba: 1.7%
    Greenlander_East: 0.8%
    Biaka: 0.2%

    I would try to confirm the minor ancestry and its sources with tools like those in Gedmatch because it isn't necessarily going to come up with the right answer with this method, but my experience is that G25 does a pretty decent job.
    Is it just "in the range of typical noise" then? Based on your mothers results, it seems like that. But it really likes Yoruba though. Actually, Gulf of Guinea african has been the most consistent admixture result so far

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Milton1997 For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (08-04-2021)

  17. #240
    Registered Users
    Posts
    135
    Sex
    Location
    Southeast U.S.
    Ethnicity
    British Isles/Germanic
    Nationality
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-DF13, Z251

    United States Grand Union England Germany Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by mokordo View Post
    Code:
    Neolithic_Europe:Iberia_N,0.1239407,0.1755737,0.0341921,-0.0626261,0.0768007,-0.0339317,-0.004439,-0.0011793,0.0618117,0.0996021,0.0021292,0.015586,-0.0343077,-0.0108723,-0.0189858,-0.0058929,0.0074029,0.001844,0.0048463,-0.0070036,0.002468,0.0035996,-0.008148,-0.0235909,9.3e-05
    Neolithic_Europe:BGR_N,0.120368,0.183049,0.0082968,-0.086241,0.0510865,-0.0429492,0.00235,-0.002942,0.0388085,0.085742,0.0137622,0.0133382,-0.0244175,-0.0001377,-0.0350498,-0.0144855,0.0216762,0.0030408,0.007982,-0.0117242,-0.0129145,0.0094902,-0.0033585,-0.0052118,-0.005269
    Neolithic_Europe:CZE_N,0.122929,0.1843185,0.019422,-0.0773585,0.064627,-0.0444835,-0.009165,0.001385,0.0488815,0.084102,0.001299,0.0178345,-0.0246775,0.0060555,-0.027619,-0.011403,0.0042375,0.0032935,0.01169,-0.01507,-0.005553,0.010201,-0.012078,-0.0103625,-0.004012
    Neolithic_Europe:GRC_N,0.118376,0.18178,-0.001131,-0.105622,0.057241,-0.051037,-0.00423,-0.003923,0.039064,0.090207,0.003735,0.013638,-0.019177,-0.007569,-0.046959,-0.004243,0.040028,0.003927,0.004022,-0.013506,-0.012228,0.014096,0.00037,0.001325,-0.004311
    Neolithic_Europe:HUN_Starcevo_N,0.122246,0.1886854,0.0077688,-0.0985152,0.0593956,-0.0521526,-0.0032432,-0.0068304,0.0448726,0.0865622,0.008217,0.0126786,-0.0229534,0.0046514,-0.0378388,-0.0226466,0.0074318,0.002179,0.0110612,-0.0154824,-0.0138756,0.0108072,-0.0017254,-0.0052776,-0.0043348
    Neolithic_Europe:ITA_Sardinia_N,0.1201974,0.1748742,0.0429918,-0.0535534,0.0780454,-0.029172,-0.006392,0.0015692,0.0629932,0.094289,0.0031506,0.0159756,-0.0350544,-0.0134594,-0.0193538,-0.0040042,0.0115,-0.0011148,0.0076926,-0.008329,0.0036184,0.003586,-0.015258,-0.0290884,0.0016286
    Neolithic_Europe:ITA_N,0.1246362,0.1774638,0.013859,-0.0751782,0.0597805,-0.0377198,-0.0025262,-0.0014422,0.0414162,0.084694,0.0013802,0.0142372,-0.0270562,-0.00289,-0.026669,-0.0019558,0.0156135,0.0035475,0.0073848,-0.0041895,-0.002589,0.0029367,-0.0081343,-0.017141,0.0007482
    Neolithic_Europe:ROU_N,0.126913,0.1848265,0.011125,-0.0999685,0.05878,-0.0541045,-0.00094,-0.004615,0.0459155,0.091574,0.0043845,0.013563,-0.027428,0.0013765,-0.0468235,-0.0113365,0.024838,0.0012035,0.0117525,-0.012318,-0.014662,0.0054405,-0.006532,0.0038555,-0.0070055
    Neolithic_Europe:SRB_N,0.1277662,0.1822878,0.010748,-0.0957695,0.0574722,-0.0440648,-0.00094,-0.005769,0.039013,0.0868812,0.0036942,0.0131508,-0.022262,0.0014108,-0.0391552,-0.01369,0.0202748,0.000697,0.0124128,-0.0138505,-0.007331,0.0062138,-0.0083192,0.0020182,5.98e-05
    Neolithic_Europe:Wales_N,0.12236,0.1675625,0.0494025,-0.0421515,0.0829385,-0.0207775,-0.003995,-0.000808,0.0583915,0.085013,-0.002111,0.0109405,-0.031665,-0.0063305,-0.0109935,-0.00716,0.0065845,0.002217,-0.0023885,-0.004752,0.014911,0.006677,-0.0162075,-0.0409095,-0.001916
    Neolithic_Europe:Scotland_N,0.1269127,0.1690178,0.0542928,-0.0322677,0.0862828,-0.0224879,-0.0037679,0.0030922,0.0634297,0.0853533,-0.0002544,0.0123091,-0.0271157,-0.0115236,-0.0072611,0.0027269,0.0076274,0.0045017,0.0042653,-0.0041436,0.0120538,0.0032151,-0.0154018,-0.0339485,-0.0001358
    Neolithic_Europe:England_N,0.1257112,0.1700446,0.0558139,-0.0370732,0.0841866,-0.0225592,-0.0048307,0.0018717,0.0641522,0.0895791,0.0026342,0.013388,-0.0261313,-0.0128294,-0.0092139,0.0046407,0.0148638,0.0027167,0.0030586,-0.000264,0.0108697,0.0025142,-0.014379,-0.031477,0.0003326
    Bronze_Age_Invaders:AN10,0.1242948,0.0883510,0.0436707,0.1151505,-0.0285283,0.0451246,0.0043710,-0.0021923,-0.0563668,-0.0732041,0.0018024,0.0009291,-0.0029287,-0.0225426,0.0358843,0.0144389,-0.0011735,-0.0042316,-0.0040350,0.0123809,-0.0037808,0.0000741,0.0072346,0.0193519,-0.0029337
    Bronze_Age_Invaders::BN10,0.1160995,0.0872339,0.0400881,0.1102730,-0.0310825,0.0437021,0.0032196,-0.0054228,-0.0573076,-0.0751905,-0.0004059,-0.0022330,-0.0009812,-0.0235335,0.0315685,0.0104348,-0.0031815,-0.0024704,-0.0011188,0.0094544,-0.0050411,0.0015704,0.0124357,0.0203281,-0.0051253
    Africa:ETH_4500BP,-0.511066,0.043668,0.000754,0.000969,-0.00277,-0.011435,0.050997,-0.045229,0.089172,-0.087838,-0.012991,-0.002997,-0.031219,0.000688,0.02158,-0.029965,0.027772,0.039273,0.00176,-0.009004,0.000374,0.006183,-0.003451,-0.00241,-0.000838
    Asia:Neolithic:CHN_Yellow_River_LN,0.0166466,-0.4503874,0.0109365,-0.0657709,0.0545101,0.0217886,0.0037894,0.0012404,-0.0097149,0.0040092,-0.0851524,-0.0100032,0.0123945,-0.0059179,-0.0088896,-0.000895,0.001483,-0.0003801,-0.0048392,-0.0075191,0.0172975,0.007543,0.0128639,-0.0006476,0.0073496
    Asia:Neolithic:RUS_Yakutia_Ymyiakhtakh_LN,0.0364232,-0.4186518,0.135575,-0.0031492,-0.1417958,-0.0745335,0.0231485,0.032191,0.023111,0.003508,0.064387,0.0022855,0.001821,-0.0322725,-0.0293495,-0.019358,0.0014992,0.0118135,0.0232855,0.006128,0.0260477,-0.025225,0.0051148,0.0064162,0.0107775
    Levant:PPNB,0.0725625,0.1650235,-0.0309238,-0.1380835,0.0323138,-0.062541,-0.012103,-0.0141338,0.0735775,0.0367207,0.0194055,-0.0170098,0.036459,-0.000241,-0.021342,0.0067288,0.0089638,-0.0013935,-0.0054052,0.0192277,-0.0037435,0.007852,-0.0014175,-0.0062658,-0.0047002
    North_Africa_Neolithic:MAR_EN+LN,-0.0759773,0.1200863,-0.0112193,-0.0894710,0.0378528,-0.0570333,-0.0535235,0.0151150,0.1169368,0.0292488,0.0211918,-0.0123268,0.0390605,-0.0375368,0.0368480,-0.0119330,0.0249358,-0.0347760,-0.0913508,0.0167893,-0.0282940,-0.0701110,0.0472043,-0.0099110,0.0087120
    SSA:CMR_Shum_Laka_3000BP,-0.6129375,0.0528075,0.013765,0.0272935,0.000769,-0.001813,0.1482915,-0.1137645,0.00542,0.004374,-0.001056,-0.0400145,-0.025272,0.0019955,0.008279,-0.0068285,0.005802,0.016153,-0.0067245,0.0010005,-0.001934,-0.0020405,-0.00456,0.000482,-0.006586
    SSA:CMR_Shum_Laka_8000BP,-0.602693,0.055346,0.0148965,0.0263245,-0.0064625,0.00502,0.1243205,-0.099919,0.0138055,-0.007016,-0.00065,-0.0242785,-0.0203665,-0.0052295,0.0021035,-0.00179,0.0127125,0.017356,-0.0011945,-0.0040645,-0.003494,-0.000371,0.0016025,-0.0009035,-0.0020955
    Amerindian:BRA_LapaDoSanto_9600BP,0.050765,-0.3095332,0.1206032,0.098515,-0.1156522,-0.017626,-0.284645,-0.3400012,-0.0136212,-0.0184422,0.002241,-0.003267,0.0004162,0.017478,-0.0065688,0.0064438,0.006493,-0.001267,0.0026898,0.003727,-0.0010482,0.007963,-0.002662,-0.0043378,0.001413
    At least with this model your scaled coordinates do not mark any African or Amerindian (scaled):

    Target: Milton_scaled
    Distance: 3.9833% / 0.03983258

    53.2 Neolithic_Europe
    46.8 Bronze_Age_Invaders

    "Bronze Age Invaders" is not a tittle for a new 80s video game remake, they are 2 averages made of 10 Yamnaya individual samples each one, first one more "northern" and second one more "southern" geographically according to the sites where they were found. (at least accroding to the labels in datasheet).

    Edit:If you add Yoruba to the sources the result is exactly the same, but I didn´t want to use modern references in this model.
    It should be a video game title though! When are we going to get to play as Yamnaya vs Neolithic farmers in civ games?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Milton1997 For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (08-04-2021)

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DIY Program Requests/Debug Thread
    By DMXX in forum Open-Source Projects
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 12:31 PM
  2. Submitting SNP placment requests to ISOGG?
    By TigerMW in forum ISOGG
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 04:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •