Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: MyHeritage + GEDmatch = a very confused Frisian / Dutchie

Registered Users
    Sex
    49% Nord France, 18% Bretagne/Basse Normandie, 16% Pologne, 9% Allemagne/Alsace, 7% Hte Normandie
    Ethnicity
    French, Polish and German
    aDNA Match (1st)
    ITA_Collegno_MA:CL63
    aDNA Match (2nd)
    VK2020_DNK_Langeland_VA:VK363
    aDNA Match (3rd)
    VK2020_DNK_Jutland_VA:VK329
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-M72
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1a

France Normandie France Bretagne Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elske View Post
    Hello Xerxez,

The low percentage British and Irish was a surprise to me too. MyHeritage gave me 37,6% English. Family Tree DNA gave me 25% England, Scotland, Wales and 5% Ireland. Living DNA gave me 27,4% Great Britain and Ireland. And last but not least: G25 indeed puts me in the British/ Irish cluster. So, 23andme is an exception with the 0,5%. I'm not sure what to make of that...

You asked for the ancestor birthplaces of my 23andme DNA relatives:

United States (475)
    Netherlands (203)
    United Kingdom (61)
    Canada (49)
    Germany (42)
    Ireland (11)
    Sweden (10)
    Denmark (10)
    Norway (8)
    Poland (7)
    Japan (6)
    Italy (5)
    Mexico (4)
    Indonesia (4)
    Australia (4)
    Ukraine (4)
    South Africa (3)
    India (3)
    Spain (2)
    Latvia (2)

About the source code: I don't get one, when I click on the link (detailed results page) with my right mouse button. I see emoji's, cut, copy, paste etc. I must be doing something wrong. HELP haha!

I added 2 files. Breakdown The Netherlands and Breakdown Germany.

Cheers!
    You are lucky to have many relatives from your country not only on Myheritage but also on 23andme ! I guess the closest have north dutch surnames ?

Despite the geographical proximity of North Netherlands to Germany, you have as many relatives from Germany as me (I have 9% german ancestors). You don't have so many scandinavian relatives (contrary to Myheritage where you have lot of relatives from there). Interestingly, you don't have Belgian nor French while you had some of them on Myheritage.

I think that 23andme is more accurate with recent ancestry. This is not incompatible with the results on G25 which show older components. Your mix is close to that of the inhabitants of the British Isles.

Thanks for these screen copy. You can't get this with a right clic ? https://imgur.com/mCPoVRt

Cheers (white wine for me )
    Last edited by xerxez; 03-26-2021 at 09:22 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xerxez For This Useful Post:

Elske (03-26-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Nationality
    Dutch

Netherlands Friesland Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxez View Post
    You are lucky to have many relatives from your country not only on Myheritage but also on 23andme ! I guess the closest have north dutch surnames ?

Despite the geographical proximity of North Netherlands to Germany, you have as many relatives from Germany as me (I have 9% german ancestors). You don't have so many scandinavian relatives (contrary to Myheritage where you have lot of relatives from there). Interestingly, you don't have Belgian nor French while you had some of them on Myheritage.

I think that 23andme is more accurate with recent ancestry. This is not incompatible with the results on G25 which show older components. Your mix is close to that of the inhabitants of the British Isles.

Thanks for these screen copy. You can't get this with a right clic ? https://imgur.com/mCPoVRt

Cheers (white wine for me )
    Yup, the closest relatives have Frisian surnames...

Okay, I'm in the source code. I've been searching for num relatives twice, but I can't find it. The source code has 1362 lines. On what line is yours?
    Last edited by Elske; 03-26-2021 at 10:36 PM.
    MyHeritage: Scandinavian 48%, English 37.6%, North- and West-European 10.2%, Finnish 4.2%
    AncestryDNA: Germanic Europe 78%, Sweden & Denmark 20%, England & Northwestern Europe 2%
    23andMe: French & German 72.2%, Scandinavian 24.7%, Broadly Northwestern European 3.1%
    Paper trail: Frisian

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elske For This Useful Post:

xerxez (03-26-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    49% Nord France, 18% Bretagne/Basse Normandie, 16% Pologne, 9% Allemagne/Alsace, 7% Hte Normandie
    Ethnicity
    aDNA Match (1st)
    aDNA Match (2nd)
    aDNA Match (3rd)
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-M72
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1a

Okay, I'm in the source code. I've been searching for num relatives twice, but I can't find it. The source code has 1362 lines. On what line is yours?
    To find the line to copy, search "num_relatives". Once you are on the line which contains this occurrence, copy it in à document and check all the occurrences with "num_relatives "

num_relatives and not num relatives

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xerxez For This Useful Post:

Elske (03-26-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Nationality
    Dutch

To find the line to copy, search "num_relatives". Once you are on the line which contains this occurrence, copy it in à document and check all the occurrences with "num_relatives "

num_relatives and not num relatives
    Here it comes!

NLD", "name": "Netherlands", "short_name": "Netherlands", "demonym": "Dutch", "contextual_name": "the Netherlands", "description": null, "iso3": "NLD", "iso2": "NL", "aggregations": [{"num_gp": 190, "subregion_id": "nl"num_relatives": 113, "state": "Friesland"}, {"num_gp": 76, "subregion_id": "nl:south_holland:1", "num_relatives": 51, "state": "South Holland"}, {"num_gp": 64, "subregion_id": "nl:north_holland:1", "num_relatives": 40, "state": "North Holland"}, {"num_gp": 58, "subregion_id": "nl:groningen:1", "num_relatives": 46, "state": "Groningen"}, {"num_gp": 54, "subregion_id": "nl:gelderland:1", "num_relatives": 38, "state": "Gelderland"}, {"num_gp": 28, "subregion_id": "nl:north_brabant:1", "num_relatives": 20, "state": "North Brabant"}, {"num_gp": 28, "subregion_id": "nl:overijssel:1", "num_relatives": 19, "state": "Overijssel"}, {"num_gp": 27, "subregion_id": "nl:drenthe:1", "num_relatives": 23, "state": "Drenthe"}, {"num_gp": 23, "subregion_id": "nl:utrecht:1", "num_relatives": 14, "state": "Utrecht"}, {"num_gp": 21, "subregion_id": "nl:limburg:1", "num_relatives": 11, "state": "Limburg"}], "total_num_subcountries": 12, "match_strength": 5, "is_ibd_match": true}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "DEU", "name": "Germany", "short_name": "Germany", "demonym": "German", "contextual_name": "Germany", "description": null, "iso3": "DEU", "iso2": "DE", "aggregations": [{"num_gp": 23, "subregion_id": "de:lower_saxony:1", "num_relatives": 12, "state": "Lower Saxony"}, {"num_gp": 23, "subregion_id": "de:north_rhine_westphalia:1", "num_relatives": 15, "state": "North Rhine-Westphalia"}, {"num_gp": 8, "subregion_id": "de:bavaria:1", "num_relatives": 5, "state": "Bavaria"}, {"num_gp": 7, "subregion_id": "de:hesse:1", "num_relatives": 6, "state": "Hesse"}, {"num_gp": 6, "subregion_id": "de:baden_wurttemberg:1", "num_relatives": 3, "state": "Baden-W\u00fcrttemberg"}, {"num_gp": 5, "subregion_id": "de:bremen:1", "num_relatives": 2, "state": "Bremen"}, {"num_gp": 5, "subregion_id": "de:hamburg:1", "num_relatives": 3, "state": "Hamburg"}], "total_num_subcountries": 16, "match_strength": 3, "is_ibd_match": true}], "unmatched_countries": [{"region_ibd_country_code": "AUT", "name": "Austria", "short_name": "Austria", "demonym": "Austrian", "contextual_name": "Austria", "description": null, "iso3": "AUT", "iso2": "AT", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 9, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "BEL", "name": "Belgium", "short_name": "Belgium", "demonym": "Belgian", "contextual_name": "Belgium", "description": null, "iso3": "BEL", "iso2": "BE", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 3, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "FRA", "name": "France", "short_name": "France", "demonym": "French", "contextual_name": "France", "description": null, "iso3": "FRA", "iso2": "FR", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 13, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "LUX", "name": "Luxembourg", "short_name": "Luxembourg", "demonym": "Luxembourger", "contextual_name": "Luxembourg", "description": null, "iso3": "LUX", "iso2": "LU", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 3, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "CHE", "name": "Switzerland", "short_name": "Switzerland", "demonym": "Swiss", "contextual_name": "Switzerland", "description": null, "iso3": "CHE", "iso2": "CH", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 26, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}]}, {"id": "scandinavian", "hap1Length": 898764959, "hap2Length": 453777073, "hap1Percent": "15.3", "hap2Percent": "7.7", "totalLength": 1352542032, "totalPercent": "23.0", "totalProportion": 0.23, "trace_total_proportion": 0.23, "trace_total_length": 1352542032, "trace_total_percent": "23.0", "is_trace": false, "hap1": {"chr1": [[752721, 241451891]], "chr2": [[11944, 243041411]], "chr3": [[66206, 63444462]], "chr4": [[73071, 105897240]], "chr11": [[77837761, 130878093]], "chr12": [[25241297, 133801770]], "chr14": [[19108923, 103342015]]}, "hap2": {"chr5": [[14782, 180696860]], "chr8": [[170692, 137963100]], "chr10": [[131716, 135434303]]}, "label": "Scandinavian", "demonym": "Scandinavian", "parent_id": "north_european", "is_broad": false, "color": "#03749D", "highlight_countries": ["DNK", "FRO", "ISL", "NOR", "SJM", "SWE"], "ibd_countries": ["DNK", "FRO", "ISL", "NOR", "SWE"], "description": "Scandinavians owe much of their linguistic and genetic heritage to medieval North Germanic tribes who established settlements around the North Sea.", "reference_ethnicities": "Danish, Faroese, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish", "reference_population_count_prev5": 629, "reference_population_count_v5": 631, "has_population_page": true, "children": [], "isBroad": false, "forum_url": "https://www.23andmeforums.com/discussion/26194/scandinavian/", "additionalMatchingAdminAreas": 0, "countries": [{"region_ibd_country_code": "DNK", "name": "Denmark", "short_name": "Denmark", "demonym": "Danish", "contextual_name": "Denmark", "description": null, "iso3": "DNK", "iso2": "DK", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 5, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "FRO", "name": "Faroe Islands", "short_name": "Faroe Islands", "demonym": "Faroese", "contextual_name": "the Faroe Islands", "description": null, "iso3": "FRO", "iso2": "FO", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 1, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "ISL", "name": "Iceland", "short_name": "Iceland", "demonym": "Icelander", "contextual_name": "Iceland", "description": null, "iso3": "ISL", "iso2": "IS", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 8, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "NOR", "name": "Norway", "short_name": "Norway", "demonym": "Norwegian", "contextual_name": "Norway", "description": null, "iso3": "NOR", "iso2": "NO", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 19, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "SWE", "name": "Sweden", "short_name": "Sweden", "demonym": "Swedish", "contextual_name": "Sweden", "description": null, "iso3": "SWE", "iso2": "SE", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 21, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}], "matched_countries": [], "unmatched_countries": [{"region_ibd_country_code": "DNK", "name": "Denmark", "short_name": "Denmark", "demonym": "Danish", "contextual_name": "Denmark", "description": null, "iso3": "DNK", "iso2": "DK", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 5, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "FRO", "name": "Faroe Islands", "short_name": "Faroe Islands", "demonym": "Faroese", "contextual_name": "the Faroe Islands", "description": null, "iso3": "FRO", "iso2": "FO", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 1, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "ISL", "name": "Iceland", "short_name": "Iceland", "demonym": "Icelander", "contextual_name": "Iceland", "description": null, "iso3": "ISL", "iso2": "IS", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 8, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "NOR", "name": "Norway", "short_name": "Norway", "demonym": "Norwegian", "contextual_name": "Norway", "description": null, "iso3": "NOR", "iso2": "NO", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 19, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "SWE", "name": "Sweden", "short_name": "Sweden", "demonym": "Swedish", "contextual_name": "Sweden", "description": null, "iso3": "SWE", "iso2": "SE", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 21, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}]}, {"id": "british_irish", "hap1Length": 19936861, "hap2Length": 9109922, "hap1Percent": "0.3", "hap2Percent": "0.2", "totalLength": 29046783, "totalPercent": "0.5", "totalProportion": 0.005, "trace_total_proportion": 0.005, "trace_total_length": 29046783, "trace_total_percent": "0.5", "is_trace": false, "hap1": {"chr12": [[1145361, 21082222]]}, "hap2": {"chr9": [[2827468, 11937390]]}, "label": "British \u0026 Irish", "demonym": "British \u0026 Irish", "parent_id": "north_european", "is_broad": false, "color": "#0495C6", "highlight_countries": ["GBR", "GGY", "IMN", "IRL"], "ibd_countries": ["GBR", "GGY", "IRL"], "description": "Descended from Celtic, Saxon, and Viking ancestors, the people of Great Britain and Ireland have left their genetic fingerprints around the world.", "reference_ethnicities": "Irish, United Kingdom", "reference_population_count_prev5": 1011, "reference_population_count_v5": 1014, "has_population_page": true, "children": [], "isBroad": false, "forum_url": "https://www.23andmeforums.com/discussion/26192/british-irish/", "additionalMatchingAdminAreas": 0, "countries": [{"region_ibd_country_code": "GGY", "name": "Guernsey", "short_name": "Guernsey", "demonym": "Channel Islander", "contextual_name": "Guernsey", "description": null, "iso3": "GGY", "iso2": "GG", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 1, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "IRL", "name": "Ireland", "short_name": "Ireland", "demonym": "Irish", "contextual_name": "Ireland", "description": null, "iso3": "IRL", "iso2": "IE", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 26, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "GBR", "name": "United Kingdom", "short_name": "United Kingdom", "demonym": "British", "contextual_name": "the United Kingdom", "description": null, "iso3": "GBR", "iso2": "GB", "aggregations": [{"num_gp": 134, "subregion_id": "gb:greater_london:2", "num_relatives": 70, "state": "Greater London"}, {"num_gp": 40, "subregion_id": "gb:merseyside:2", "num_relatives": 18, "state": "Merseyside"}, {"num_gp": 38, "subregion_id": "gb:greater_manchester:2", "num_relatives": 27, "state": "Greater Manchester"}, {"num_gp": 38, "subregion_id": "gb:west_yorkshire:2", "num_relatives": 21, "state": "West Yorkshire"}, {"num_gp": 30, "subregion_id": "gb:glasgow_city:2", "num_relatives": 17, "state": "Glasgow City"}, {"num_gp": 28, "subregion_id": "gb:lancashire:2", "num_relatives": 17, "state": "Lancashire"}, {"num_gp": 27, "subregion_id": "gb:west_midlands:2", "num_relatives": 13, "state": "West Midlands"}, {"num_gp": 23, "subregion_id": "gb:kent:2", "num_relatives": 15, "state": "Kent"}, {"num_gp": 21, "subregion_id": "gb:tyne_and_wear:2", "num_relatives": 11, "state": "Tyne and Wear"}, {"num_gp": 20, "subregion_id": "gb:south_yorkshire:2", "num_relatives": 10, "state": "South Yorkshire"}], "total_num_subcountries": 165, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}], "matched_countries": [], "unmatched_countries": [{"region_ibd_country_code": "GGY", "name": "Guernsey", "short_name": "Guernsey", "demonym": "Channel Islander", "contextual_name": "Guernsey", "description": null, "iso3": "GGY", "iso2": "GG", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 1, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "IRL", "name": "Ireland", "short_name": "Ireland", "demonym": "Irish", "contextual_name": "Ireland", "description": null, "iso3": "IRL", "iso2": "IE", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 26, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "GBR", "name": "United Kingdom", "short_name": "United Kingdom", "demonym": "British", "contextual_name": "the United Kingdom", "description": null, "iso3": "GBR", "iso2": "GB", "aggregations": [{"num_gp": 134, "subregion_id": "gb:greater_london:2", "num_relatives": 70, "state": "Greater London"}, {"num_gp": 40, "subregion_id": "gb:merseyside:2", "num_relatives": 18, "state": "Merseyside"}, {"num_gp": 38, "subregion_id": "gb:greater_manchester:2", "num_relatives": 27, "state": "Greater Manchester"}, {"num_gp": 38, "subregion_id": "gb:west_yorkshire:2", "num_relatives": 21, "state": "West Yorkshire"}, {"num_gp": 30, "subregion_id": "gb:glasgow_city:2", "num_relatives": 17, "state": "Glasgow City"}, {"num_gp": 28, "subregion_id": "gb:lancashire:2", "num_relatives": 17, "state": "Lancashire"}, {"num_gp": 27, "subregion_id": "gb:west_midlands:2", "num_relatives": 13, "state": "West Midlands"}, {"num_gp": 23, "subregion_id": "gb:kent:2", "num_relatives": 15, "state": "Kent"}, {"num_gp": 21, "subregion_id": "gb:tyne_and_wear:2", "num_relatives": 11, "state": "Tyne and Wear"}, {"num_gp": 20, "subregion_id": "gb:south_yorkshire:2", "num_relatives": 10, "state": "South Yorkshire"}], "total_num_subcountries": 165, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}]}, {"id": "finnish", "hap1Length": 0.0, "hap2Length": 0.0, "hap1Percent": "0.0", "hap2Percent": "0.0", "totalLength": 0.0, "totalPercent": "0.0", "totalProportion": 0.0, "trace_total_proportion": 0.0, "trace_total_length": 0.0, "trace_total_percent": "0.0", "is_trace": false, "hap1": {}, "hap2": {},
    Last edited by Elske; 03-26-2021 at 11:05 PM.
    MyHeritage: Scandinavian 48%, English 37.6%, North- and West-European 10.2%, Finnish 4.2%
    AncestryDNA: Germanic Europe 78%, Sweden & Denmark 20%, England & Northwestern Europe 2%
    23andMe: French & German 72.2%, Scandinavian 24.7%, Broadly Northwestern European 3.1%

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elske For This Useful Post:

AnthrogenicaMember (11-12-2021),  xerxez (03-27-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    LebaGermish
    aDNA Match (1st)
    Levant_LBN_MA_o4:SI-53 (Sidon Crusader's Pit-mixed)
    aDNA Match (2nd)
    [Mom] Levant_Beirut_ERoman:SFI-33
    aDNA Match (3rd)
    [Dad] VK2020_DNK_Langeland_VA:VK363
    Y-DNA (P)
    P312>DF19>DF88
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1e
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2a1 Z6065>Y7702>M47
    mtDNA (P)
    H1j

United States of America Lebanon Germany United Kingdom Belgium Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I guess the Nordic thing is overestimated even too much wishfull thinking.
    In the North Dutch case there was in the early middle ages an "Anglo-Saxon" influx from NW Germany and may be some Jutish elite migration. The Anglo-Saxon stream shows a genetic affinity with the (modern) Scandic one (and may be the indigenous people before in the North Dutch area too).
    The French around the Channel and in some other places had some Saxon and later on Viking influence. But I guess this is at least 10 century's later very diluted.
    Why are there so much Vicky the Viking apologetics? Ragnar wannabe something.... or?
    Perhaps!

These two P312>DF19>Z302 men are separated in chronology by about 3,000 years, but they don't seem radically different for all that.
    One is from Oostwoud, one is ... well ... nobody knows. Maybe he was a Saxon or Frisian

Distance to: Bell_Beaker_NLD:I5748
    0.02355857 Norwegian
    0.02409423 Icelandic
    0.02440895 Irish
    0.02451191 Danish
    0.02470650 Shetlandic
    0.02544114 Scottish
    0.02549502 Swedish
    0.02567693 Dutch
    0.02569311 Orcadian
    0.02630714 Welsh

Distance to: ITA_Rome_Late_Antiquity:RMPR31
    0.02240159 Norwegian
    0.02290643 Dutch
    0.02295681 Danish
    0.02304767 French_Pas-de-Calais
    0.02341117 Afrikaner
    0.02345321 Swedish
    0.02382061 Welsh
    0.02412413 German
    0.02468599 English
    0.02499629 Icelandic
    R1b>M269>L23>L51>L11>P312>DF19>DF88>FGC11833 >S4281>S4268>Z17112>FT354149

Ancestors: Francis Cooke (M223/I2a2a) b1583; Hester Mahieu (Cooke) (J1c2 mtDNA) b.1584; Richard Warren (E-M35) b1578; Elizabeth Walker (Warren) (H1j mtDNA) b1583;
    John Mead (I2a1/P37.2) b1634; Rev. Joseph Hull (I1, L1301+ L1302-) b1595; Benjamin Harrington (M223/I2a2a-Y5729) b1618; Joshua Griffith (L21>DF13) b1593;
    John Wing (U106) b1584; Thomas Gunn (DF19) b1605; Hermann Wilhelm (DF19) b1635

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dewsloth For This Useful Post:

Elske (03-27-2021),  xerxez (03-27-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    aDNA Match (1st)
    aDNA Match (2nd)
    aDNA Match (3rd)
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-M72
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1a

Here it comes!

NLD", "name": "Netherlands", "short_name": "Netherlands", "demonym": "Dutch", "contextual_name": "the Netherlands", "description": null, "iso3": "NLD", "iso2": "NL", "aggregations": [{"num_gp": 190, "subregion_id": "nl"num_relatives": 113, "state": "Friesland"}, {"num_gp": 76, "subregion_id": "nl:south_holland:1", "num_relatives": 51, "state": "South Holland"}, {"num_gp": 64, "subregion_id": "nl:north_holland:1", "num_relatives": 40, "state": "North Holland"}, {"num_gp": 58, "subregion_id": "nl:groningen:1", "num_relatives": 46, "state": "Groningen"}, {"num_gp": 54, "subregion_id": "nl:gelderland:1", "num_relatives": 38, "state": "Gelderland"}, {"num_gp": 28, "subregion_id": "nl:north_brabant:1", "num_relatives": 20, "state": "North Brabant"}, {"num_gp": 28, "subregion_id": "nl:overijssel:1", "num_relatives": 19, "state": "Overijssel"}, {"num_gp": 27, "subregion_id": "nl:drenthe:1", "num_relatives": 23, "state": "Drenthe"}, {"num_gp": 23, "subregion_id": "nl:utrecht:1", "num_relatives": 14, "state": "Utrecht"}, {"num_gp": 21, "subregion_id": "nl:limburg:1", "num_relatives": 11, "state": "Limburg"}], "total_num_subcountries": 12, "match_strength": 5, "is_ibd_match": true}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "DEU", "name": "Germany", "short_name": "Germany", "demonym": "German", "contextual_name": "Germany", "description": null, "iso3": "DEU", "iso2": "DE", "aggregations": [{"num_gp": 23, "subregion_id": "de:lower_saxony:1", "num_relatives": 12, "state": "Lower Saxony"}, {"num_gp": 23, "subregion_id": "de:north_rhine_westphalia:1", "num_relatives": 15, "state": "North Rhine-Westphalia"}, {"num_gp": 8, "subregion_id": "de:bavaria:1", "num_relatives": 5, "state": "Bavaria"}, {"num_gp": 7, "subregion_id": "de:hesse:1", "num_relatives": 6, "state": "Hesse"}, {"num_gp": 6, "subregion_id": "de:baden_wurttemberg:1", "num_relatives": 3, "state": "Baden-W\u00fcrttemberg"}, {"num_gp": 5, "subregion_id": "de:bremen:1", "num_relatives": 2, "state": "Bremen"}, {"num_gp": 5, "subregion_id": "de:hamburg:1", "num_relatives": 3, "state": "Hamburg"}], "total_num_subcountries": 16, "match_strength": 3, "is_ibd_match": true}], "unmatched_countries": [{"region_ibd_country_code": "AUT", "name": "Austria", "short_name": "Austria", "demonym": "Austrian", "contextual_name": "Austria", "description": null, "iso3": "AUT", "iso2": "AT", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 9, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "BEL", "name": "Belgium", "short_name": "Belgium", "demonym": "Belgian", "contextual_name": "Belgium", "description": null, "iso3": "BEL", "iso2": "BE", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 3, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "FRA", "name": "France", "short_name": "France", "demonym": "French", "contextual_name": "France", "description": null, "iso3": "FRA", "iso2": "FR", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 13, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "LUX", "name": "Luxembourg", "short_name": "Luxembourg", "demonym": "Luxembourger", "contextual_name": "Luxembourg", "description": null, "iso3": "LUX", "iso2": "LU", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 3, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "CHE", "name": "Switzerland", "short_name": "Switzerland", "demonym": "Swiss", "contextual_name": "Switzerland", "description": null, "iso3": "CHE", "iso2": "CH", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 26, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}]}, {"id": "scandinavian", "hap1Length": 898764959, "hap2Length": 453777073, "hap1Percent": "15.3", "hap2Percent": "7.7", "totalLength": 1352542032, "totalPercent": "23.0", "totalProportion": 0.23, "trace_total_proportion": 0.23, "trace_total_length": 1352542032, "trace_total_percent": "23.0", "is_trace": false, "hap1": {"chr1": [[752721, 241451891]], "chr2": [[11944, 243041411]], "chr3": [[66206, 63444462]], "chr4": [[73071, 105897240]], "chr11": [[77837761, 130878093]], "chr12": [[25241297, 133801770]], "chr14": [[19108923, 103342015]]}, "hap2": {"chr5": [[14782, 180696860]], "chr8": [[170692, 137963100]], "chr10": [[131716, 135434303]]}, "label": "Scandinavian", "demonym": "Scandinavian", "parent_id": "north_european", "is_broad": false, "color": "#03749D", "highlight_countries": ["DNK", "FRO", "ISL", "NOR", "SJM", "SWE"], "ibd_countries": ["DNK", "FRO", "ISL", "NOR", "SWE"], "description": "Scandinavians owe much of their linguistic and genetic heritage to medieval North Germanic tribes who established settlements around the North Sea.", "reference_ethnicities": "Danish, Faroese, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish", "reference_population_count_prev5": 629, "reference_population_count_v5": 631, "has_population_page": true, "children": [], "isBroad": false, "forum_url": "https://www.23andmeforums.com/discussion/26194/scandinavian/", "additionalMatchingAdminAreas": 0, "countries": [{"region_ibd_country_code": "DNK", "name": "Denmark", "short_name": "Denmark", "demonym": "Danish", "contextual_name": "Denmark", "description": null, "iso3": "DNK", "iso2": "DK", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 5, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "FRO", "name": "Faroe Islands", "short_name": "Faroe Islands", "demonym": "Faroese", "contextual_name": "the Faroe Islands", "description": null, "iso3": "FRO", "iso2": "FO", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 1, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "ISL", "name": "Iceland", "short_name": "Iceland", "demonym": "Icelander", "contextual_name": "Iceland", "description": null, "iso3": "ISL", "iso2": "IS", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 8, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "NOR", "name": "Norway", "short_name": "Norway", "demonym": "Norwegian", "contextual_name": "Norway", "description": null, "iso3": "NOR", "iso2": "NO", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 19, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "SWE", "name": "Sweden", "short_name": "Sweden", "demonym": "Swedish", "contextual_name": "Sweden", "description": null, "iso3": "SWE", "iso2": "SE", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 21, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}], "matched_countries": [], "unmatched_countries": [{"region_ibd_country_code": "DNK", "name": "Denmark", "short_name": "Denmark", "demonym": "Danish", "contextual_name": "Denmark", "description": null, "iso3": "DNK", "iso2": "DK", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 5, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "FRO", "name": "Faroe Islands", "short_name": "Faroe Islands", "demonym": "Faroese", "contextual_name": "the Faroe Islands", "description": null, "iso3": "FRO", "iso2": "FO", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 1, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "ISL", "name": "Iceland", "short_name": "Iceland", "demonym": "Icelander", "contextual_name": "Iceland", "description": null, "iso3": "ISL", "iso2": "IS", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 8, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "NOR", "name": "Norway", "short_name": "Norway", "demonym": "Norwegian", "contextual_name": "Norway", "description": null, "iso3": "NOR", "iso2": "NO", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 19, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "SWE", "name": "Sweden", "short_name": "Sweden", "demonym": "Swedish", "contextual_name": "Sweden", "description": null, "iso3": "SWE", "iso2": "SE", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 21, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}]}, {"id": "british_irish", "hap1Length": 19936861, "hap2Length": 9109922, "hap1Percent": "0.3", "hap2Percent": "0.2", "totalLength": 29046783, "totalPercent": "0.5", "totalProportion": 0.005, "trace_total_proportion": 0.005, "trace_total_length": 29046783, "trace_total_percent": "0.5", "is_trace": false, "hap1": {"chr12": [[1145361, 21082222]]}, "hap2": {"chr9": [[2827468, 11937390]]}, "label": "British \u0026 Irish", "demonym": "British \u0026 Irish", "parent_id": "north_european", "is_broad": false, "color": "#0495C6", "highlight_countries": ["GBR", "GGY", "IMN", "IRL"], "ibd_countries": ["GBR", "GGY", "IRL"], "description": "Descended from Celtic, Saxon, and Viking ancestors, the people of Great Britain and Ireland have left their genetic fingerprints around the world.", "reference_ethnicities": "Irish, United Kingdom", "reference_population_count_prev5": 1011, "reference_population_count_v5": 1014, "has_population_page": true, "children": [], "isBroad": false, "forum_url": "https://www.23andmeforums.com/discussion/26192/british-irish/", "additionalMatchingAdminAreas": 0, "countries": [{"region_ibd_country_code": "GGY", "name": "Guernsey", "short_name": "Guernsey", "demonym": "Channel Islander", "contextual_name": "Guernsey", "description": null, "iso3": "GGY", "iso2": "GG", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 1, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "IRL", "name": "Ireland", "short_name": "Ireland", "demonym": "Irish", "contextual_name": "Ireland", "description": null, "iso3": "IRL", "iso2": "IE", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 26, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "GBR", "name": "United Kingdom", "short_name": "United Kingdom", "demonym": "British", "contextual_name": "the United Kingdom", "description": null, "iso3": "GBR", "iso2": "GB", "aggregations": [{"num_gp": 134, "subregion_id": "gb:greater_london:2", "num_relatives": 70, "state": "Greater London"}, {"num_gp": 40, "subregion_id": "gb:merseyside:2", "num_relatives": 18, "state": "Merseyside"}, {"num_gp": 38, "subregion_id": "gb:greater_manchester:2", "num_relatives": 27, "state": "Greater Manchester"}, {"num_gp": 38, "subregion_id": "gb:west_yorkshire:2", "num_relatives": 21, "state": "West Yorkshire"}, {"num_gp": 30, "subregion_id": "gb:glasgow_city:2", "num_relatives": 17, "state": "Glasgow City"}, {"num_gp": 28, "subregion_id": "gb:lancashire:2", "num_relatives": 17, "state": "Lancashire"}, {"num_gp": 27, "subregion_id": "gb:west_midlands:2", "num_relatives": 13, "state": "West Midlands"}, {"num_gp": 23, "subregion_id": "gb:kent:2", "num_relatives": 15, "state": "Kent"}, {"num_gp": 21, "subregion_id": "gb:tyne_and_wear:2", "num_relatives": 11, "state": "Tyne and Wear"}, {"num_gp": 20, "subregion_id": "gb:south_yorkshire:2", "num_relatives": 10, "state": "South Yorkshire"}], "total_num_subcountries": 165, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}], "matched_countries": [], "unmatched_countries": [{"region_ibd_country_code": "GGY", "name": "Guernsey", "short_name": "Guernsey", "demonym": "Channel Islander", "contextual_name": "Guernsey", "description": null, "iso3": "GGY", "iso2": "GG", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 1, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "IRL", "name": "Ireland", "short_name": "Ireland", "demonym": "Irish", "contextual_name": "Ireland", "description": null, "iso3": "IRL", "iso2": "IE", "aggregations": [], "total_num_subcountries": 26, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}, {"region_ibd_country_code": "GBR", "name": "United Kingdom", "short_name": "United Kingdom", "demonym": "British", "contextual_name": "the United Kingdom", "description": null, "iso3": "GBR", "iso2": "GB", "aggregations": [{"num_gp": 134, "subregion_id": "gb:greater_london:2", "num_relatives": 70, "state": "Greater London"}, {"num_gp": 40, "subregion_id": "gb:merseyside:2", "num_relatives": 18, "state": "Merseyside"}, {"num_gp": 38, "subregion_id": "gb:greater_manchester:2", "num_relatives": 27, "state": "Greater Manchester"}, {"num_gp": 38, "subregion_id": "gb:west_yorkshire:2", "num_relatives": 21, "state": "West Yorkshire"}, {"num_gp": 30, "subregion_id": "gb:glasgow_city:2", "num_relatives": 17, "state": "Glasgow City"}, {"num_gp": 28, "subregion_id": "gb:lancashire:2", "num_relatives": 17, "state": "Lancashire"}, {"num_gp": 27, "subregion_id": "gb:west_midlands:2", "num_relatives": 13, "state": "West Midlands"}, {"num_gp": 23, "subregion_id": "gb:kent:2", "num_relatives": 15, "state": "Kent"}, {"num_gp": 21, "subregion_id": "gb:tyne_and_wear:2", "num_relatives": 11, "state": "Tyne and Wear"}, {"num_gp": 20, "subregion_id": "gb:south_yorkshire:2", "num_relatives": 10, "state": "South Yorkshire"}], "total_num_subcountries": 165, "match_strength": 0, "is_ibd_match": false}]}, {"id": "finnish", "hap1Length": 0.0, "hap2Length": 0.0, "hap1Percent": "0.0", "hap2Percent": "0.0", "totalLength": 0.0, "totalPercent": "0.0", "totalProportion": 0.0, "trace_total_proportion": 0.0, "trace_total_length": 0.0, "trace_total_percent": "0.0", "is_trace": false, "hap1": {}, "hap2": {},
    Thanks a lot.

Here is an abstract below. It globally works well. Your region (Friesland) is in the first rank and differs well in volumes (113 relatives) from the following 4 regions with large volumes (between 38 and 51) including 2 neighboring regions (Groningen and North Holland), this group differing quite well from the 7 following regions with volumes between 11 and 23 which cover the rest of the Netherlands and the 2 German regions neighboring the Netherlands (Lower Saxony and North Rhine Westphalia). The regions with the smallest volumes are all German. Note that Schleswig Holstein, not so far away, does not appear.

A map of this : https://i.imgur.com/PtTwaR0.png

Region num_relatives

Friesland 113
    South Holland 51
    Groningen 46
    North Holland 40
    Gelderland 38
    Drenthe 23
    North Brabant 20
    Overijssel 19
    North Rhine-Westphalia 15
    Utrecht 14
    Lower Saxony 12
    Limburg 11
    Hesse 6
    Bavaria 5
    Baden-Wurtemberg 3
    Hamburg 3
    Bremen 2
    Last edited by xerxez; 03-27-2021 at 08:20 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xerxez For This Useful Post:

Elske (03-27-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Friso-Saxon
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1bU106/ DF96

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewsloth View Post
    Perhaps!

These two P312>DF19>Z302 men are separated in chronology by about 3,000 years, but they don't seem radically different for all that.
    One is from Oostwoud, one is ... well ... nobody knows. Maybe he was a Saxon or Frisian

Distance to: Bell_Beaker_NLD:I5748
    0.02355857 Norwegian
    0.02409423 Icelandic
    0.02440895 Irish
    0.02451191 Danish
    0.02470650 Shetlandic
    0.02544114 Scottish
    0.02549502 Swedish
    0.02567693 Dutch
    0.02569311 Orcadian
    0.02630714 Welsh

Distance to: ITA_Rome_Late_Antiquity:RMPR31
    0.02240159 Norwegian
    0.02290643 Dutch
    0.02295681 Danish
    0.02304767 French_Pas-de-Calais
    0.02341117 Afrikaner
    0.02345321 Swedish
    0.02382061 Welsh
    0.02412413 German
    0.02468599 English
    0.02499629 Icelandic
    Thanks Dewsloth, indeed and I can add this from Finn mom unscaled with all the golden oldies, of course lots of Vikings, but what pops up among them BB Lech (according to Davidski this sample was an example of BB of the North Sea area).

Ergo, for NW Europe, already in LNBA we see a genotype that could fill in the modern genotype of the same area.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

Dewsloth (03-27-2021),  Elske (03-27-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    aDNA Match (1st)
    aDNA Match (2nd)
    aDNA Match (3rd)
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-M72
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1a

Thanks a lot.

Here is an abstract below. It globally works well. Your region (Friesland) is in the first rank and differs well in volumes (113 relatives) from the following 4 regions with large volumes (between 38 and 51) including 2 neighboring regions (Groningen and North Holland), this group differing quite well from the 7 following regions with volumes between 11 and 23 which cover the rest of the Netherlands and the 2 German regions neighboring the Netherlands (Lower Saxony and North Rhine Westphalia). The regions with the smallest volumes are all German. Note that Schleswig Holstein, not so far away, does not appear.

Region num_relatives

Friesland 113
    South Holland 51
    Groningen 46
    North Holland 40
    Gelderland 38
    Drenthe 23
    North Brabant 20
    Overijssel 19
    Utrecht 14
    Lower Saxony 12
    Limburg 11
    Hesse 6
    Bavaria 5
    Baden-Wurtemberg 3
    Hamburg 3
    Bremen 2
    @Finn, if you have 23andme results, I would be interested with the comparison with Elske

16. The Following User Says Thank You to xerxez For This Useful Post:

Elske (03-27-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Nationality
    Dutch

Thanks a lot.

Region num_relatives

Friesland 113
    South Holland 51
    Groningen 46
    North Holland 40
    Gelderland 38
    Drenthe 23
    North Brabant 20
    Overijssel 19
    Utrecht 14
    Lower Saxony 12
    Limburg 11
    Hesse 6
    Bavaria 5
    Baden-Wurtemberg 3
    Hamburg 3
    Bremen 2
    Thanks Xerxez!

According to the source code: I have quite a few relatives in Great Britain. Then why is the percentage so low?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    aDNA Match (1st)
    aDNA Match (2nd)
    aDNA Match (3rd)
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-M72
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1a

Thanks Xerxez!

According to the source code: I have quite a few relatives in Great Britain. Then why is the percentage so low?
    On that point, it looks that these numerous british relatives are not IBD matches (identity by descent meaning "Identical by descent (IBD) is a term used in genetic genealogy to describe a matching segment of DNA shared by two or more people that has been inherited from a common ancestor without any intervening recombination") contrary to those from Netherlands and Germany. In the source code, for your british relatives, there is the mention "is_ibd_match": false"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to xerxez For This Useful Post:

Elske (03-27-2021)

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast