Poll: Choose your know clade:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: R-M269 clades statistics in Anthrogenica

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152>L2>Z49>Z142>
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bt
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a2a1b2a1b1>Y4925
    mtDNA (P)
    H37

England Scotland Wales Germany Ireland Sweden Finns
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellSince1893 View Post
    Out of curiosity, I used 2000 US census ancestry data and Busby/Myres data for U152 percentages and got the following as the top tier states percentage wise for U152. First 3 are probably the top 3.
    Maine
    New Hampshire
    Vermont
    Wisconsin
    North Dakota
    Rhode Island
    Iowa
    Minnesota
    Nebraska
    Kansas
    South Dakota
    Ohio
    Montana
    Connecticut

Bottom 10 were
    Nevada
    South Carolina
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Texas
    California
    Mississippi
    District of Columbia
    New Mexico
    Hawaii

Take the above with a grain of salt as I has to make quite a few assumptions...but it's a good a guess as any.
    I kept going with this and here are the results using 2000 US census ancestry data, Busby-Myres data, FTDNA data and other sources.

From highest New Hampshire (6.59%) to lowest (Hawaii)
    New Hampshire
    North Dakota
    Maine
    Vermont
    Wisconsin
    Minnesota
    South Dakota
    Rhode Island
    Montana
    Washington
    Connecticut
    Nebraska
    Iowa
    Ohio
    Missouri
    Kansas
    Pennsylvania
    Massachusetts
    Wyoming
    Utah
    Indiana
    Michigan
    Oregon
    Idaho
    Colorado
    West Virginia
    Louisiana
    Delaware
    Kentucky
    Maryland
    Illinois
    Virginia
    New Jersey
    New York
    North Carolina
    Tennessee
    Alaska
    South Carolina
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    Florida
    Nevada
    Georgia
    Oklahoma
    Alabama
    Texas
    Mississippi
    California
    New Mexico
    District of Columbia
    Hawaii
    Y DNA line continued: Z142>Z12222>FGC12378>FGC12401>FGC12384
    37% English, 26% Scot/Ulster Scot, 14% Welsh, 14% German, 3% Ireland, 3% Nordic, 2% French/Dutch, 1% India
    Hidden Content

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MitchellSince1893 For This Useful Post:

etrusco (01-31-2021),  pmokeefe (02-07-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    italian

Italy Portugal Order of Christ Russia Imperial Canada Quebec Spanish Empire (1506-1701) Vatican
    I kept going with this and here are the results using 2000 US census ancestry data, Busby-Myres data, FTDNA data and other sources.

From highest New Hampshire (6.59%) to lowest (Hawaii)
    New Hampshire
    North Dakota
    Maine
    Vermont
    Wisconsin
    Minnesota
    South Dakota
    Rhode Island
    Montana
    Washington
    Connecticut
    Nebraska
    Iowa
    Ohio
    Missouri
    Kansas
    Pennsylvania
    Massachusetts
    Wyoming
    Utah
    Indiana
    Michigan
    Oregon
    Idaho
    Colorado
    West Virginia
    Louisiana
    Delaware
    Kentucky
    Maryland
    Illinois
    Virginia
    New Jersey
    New York
    North Carolina
    Tennessee
    Alaska
    South Carolina
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    Florida
    Nevada
    Georgia
    Oklahoma
    Alabama
    Texas
    Mississippi
    California
    New Mexico
    District of Columbia
    Hawaii
    As I predicted R1b U152 in the States is 100% of west Germanic origin. Perhaps with a tad French origin in New England.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP445
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c2b

England Germany Palatinate Italy Sicily Ireland Munster Acadia Mercia
    Really? My stepfather is U152, and he is 7/8 Italian and 1/8 Irish; his paternal line is Italian in origin. Of course I am 1/8 Italian, so I say together we make a whole Italian. I believe his male line is Campanian in origin.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152>L2>Z49>Z142>
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bt
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a2a1b2a1b1>Y4925
    mtDNA (P)
    H37

Quote Originally Posted by etrusco View Post
    As I predicted R1b U152 in the States is 100% of west Germanic origin. Perhaps with a tad French origin in New England.
    100% west Germanic isn’t reflective of how the map was made.

For example 8.5% of Italian are estimated to be U152. Also there are Irish, Poles, Czechs, Hispanics, African Americans, Portuguese that are contributing small percentages too.
    Last edited by MitchellSince1893; 01-31-2021 at 09:22 PM.
    37% English, 26% Scot/Ulster Scot, 14% Welsh, 14% German, 3% Ireland, 3% Nordic, 2% French/Dutch, 1% India
    Hidden Content

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MitchellSince1893 For This Useful Post:

jdean (01-31-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY711*
    mtDNA (M)
    J1

Italy Tuscany
    Quote Originally Posted by rms2 View Post
    True, and I've been to Ireland twice and really really enjoyed it. Knowing I was L21+ when I went there made me feel right at home, and the people are super nice and make everyone feel at home anyway.

The first time I went I even managed to recruit one of the hosts at the bed-and-breakfast in County Clare where we stayed for Y-DNA testing with FTDNA. He turned out to be one of Robert Casey's L226 guys, surname Hogan, which is one of the families descended from Brian Boru.
    That's so cool! I didn't know who was King Brian Boru, i knew the history of King Niall who was R-M222 and so their descendants around the world. It's very cool that a country like Ireland and it's people could trace their lines to their former kings, it's fascinating to me. I am more fond to visit the Highlands of Scotland, i am far away genetically from them but my Y-DNA might come from there, knowing the big frecuency of DF63 there and the almost unexistance where my line comes from.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alejandromb92 For This Useful Post:

FionnSneachta (02-01-2021),  rms2 (01-31-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    L21>FGC6545>Y160102
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1b2h
    mtDNA (P)
    H27e

Ireland Ireland Connacht Ireland County Roscommon Ireland County Galway Ireland County Mayo
    We are lucky that it is a possibility in Ireland. My dad's Y-DNA test proved descent from Tadhg Mór O'Kelly who fought and died in the Battle of Clontarf alongside Brian Boru in 1014. It is interesting to know how your ancestors would be in conflict in the past with ancestors of modern day descendants. Just for example, I know that my neighbours descend from the O'Conor Dons. It's funny to know that our families were often times in conflict while at other times allies centuries ago. Just a few examples of the O'Conors and O'Kellys crossing paths from biographies by Emmett O'Byrne. You get the idea from just reading one of the paragraphs.

Conchobar O'Kelly (d. 1268) was loyal throughout the O'Conor campaigns against the O'Reillys of west Breifne, as he was present at the decisive defeat of the O'Reillys at the battle of Magh Slécht (September 1256). Still, he does seem to have deeply resented the imposition of the O'Conor yoke upon his kingdom. However, he was eager to avoid the fate of the O'Rourke kings of west Breifne, whose succession resembled a game of musical chairs due to persistent O'Connor interference. As for many others of the Connacht nobility, Conchobar's chance came in the aftermath of the defeat of the O'Connors and the O'Neills at the battle of Down (15 May 1260). This defeat prompted a widespread explosion of violence against Fedlimid O'Conor and his son Áed. Leading the charge were Domnall O'Rourke (d. 1260), king of west Breifne, and Conchobar. The revolt of the O'Rourkes was brutally crushed by Áed, who then turned his attention to Conchobar, burning his residence above his head. This timely reminder and the brutal example that was made of the O'Rourkes convinced the taciturn Conchobar that enough was enough. Accordingly, he returned to the O'Connor fold and renewed his allegiance, knowing that peace was as much in their interest as his. Thus, he preserved his kingdom and his line from the fate visited by the O'Connors upon the O'Rourkes.

In 1356, Uilliam Buidhe O'Kelly (grandson of Conchobar) procured the assassination of Aodh who was the son of Toirrdelbach O'Conor (King of Connacht) by Donnchadh Carrach O'Kelly. The reason for this was that Aodh had earlier kidnapped Uilliam Buidhe's wife, the daughter of John Burke. On another occasion with his Burke son-in-law, Uilliam Buidhe lined up with King Aodh O'Connor of Connacht against the Burkes of Clanricard. Due to their firm alliance with Thomas Burke of Clanwilliam, the O'Kellys found themselves in continual opposition throughout the 1370s to Ruaidhrí O'Conor (d. 1384), king of Connacht, and doggedly tried to weaken the power of the provincial king.

In 1377, Maolsheachlainn O'Kelly (son of Uilliam Buidhe) and his Burke brotherin-law surrounded Ruaidhrí O'Conor's fortress of Roscommon castle. In a pitched battle before the castle, Ruaidhrí and his MacDermot allies destroyed the forces of the Clanwilliam Burkes and the O'Kellys. Maolsheachlainn was married to Fionnuala (d. 1403), daughter of Toirrdelbach O'Conor (d. 1345). Maolsheachlainn's major chance came with the death (25 November 1384) of Ruaidhrí O'Connor, after which the O'Connor dynasty was torn asunder by the competing interests of the Don and Roe factions. Within days of Ruaidhrí's burial both factions proclaimed rival kings. One was Toirdhealbhach Ruadh O'Connor, who had the support of the MacWilliam Burkes, the MacDermots of Magh Luirg (Moylurg), and the Clan Murtagh branch of the O'Connors; while Toirdhealbhach Óg O'Connor (d. 1406) was inaugurated as king of Connacht by Maolsheachlainn in the presence of the Clanricard Burkes, the O'Connors of Sligo, and the MacDonaghs. In 1385 a ferocious and long-lasting struggle erupted. During the course of that year Toirdhealbhach Ruadh, Mac Dermot, and the Clan Murtagh O'Connors invaded Uí Mhaine, setting the town of the son of Edmund O'Kelly aflame. Maolsheachlainn's alliance with the O'Conor Dons had fragmented by 1392, leading to an invasion of Uí Mhaine by Toirdhealbhach Óg, MacDonagh, the O'Rourkes, and the Clan Murtagh O'Connors. However, Maolsheachlainn quickly turned to his former enemy Toirdhealbhach Ruadh and called on him to come to his defence. Eager to have the O'Kellys in his camp, Toirdhealbhach Ruadh hurried to the aid of Maolsheachlainn, catching Toirdhealbhach Óg's forces off guard and inflicting serious losses on them.

Aodh O'Kelly (d. 1467) (grandson of Maolsheachlainn), king of Uí Mhaine, had his first action of note as king in 1426, when he, with the O'Connor Roes, attacked Ballintober castle, belonging to the O'Connor Dons. In 1435 he, with MacDermot of Magh Luirg and Tadhg O'Connor Ruadh, attacked Ballintober castle and burned its bawn above the heads of its O'Connor Don defenders. As the 1440s wore on, it seems the power of Aodh's kingship declined. This appears to have been due to the growing ambitions of the sons of Uilliam Ruadh (his uncle) and their rivals, the sons of Donnchadh (another uncle). In 1451 the simmering tensions between these rivals exploded in an all-out O'Kelly civil war. From what happened next, it is clear that Aodh had developed a new alliance with Aodh O'Connor Don (d. 1461). Then the O'Connor Dons marched into Uí Mhaine to protect Aodh from his kinsmen. The price of such protection was high: Aodh was forced to acknowledge O'Connor Don supremacy, giving a son as a hostage. The O'Connor Don overlord also sought to reassert control over the region known as Sith, which the O'Kellys had bought from his father. Indeed, he forced the O'Kellys to render to him a rent of twenty marks for Sith and a further six marks to the MacKeoghs of Moyfinn, a collateral branch of the O'Kellys. When Aodh objected, the O'Connor Don proved too strong for him. In 1472, a peace meeting between O'Kelly and O'Conor Don fails. Many killed in the fighting that resulted.

You do wonder sometimes what the people of the past would make of the world now. There was just so much conflict back then between different counties and kingdoms. I'm only confident of descent from Maolsheachlainn but descent from Aodh is only suspected at the moment.
    Last edited by FionnSneachta; 02-01-2021 at 11:36 PM.
    Ancestry: Ireland (Paper trail ≅ 81.25% Roscommon, 12.5% Galway, 6.25% Mayo)
    Y-DNA (P) ancestor (Y): Kelly b. c1830 in Co. Roscommon (Uí Maine)
    mtDNA (P) ancestor: Fleming b. c1831 in Co. Roscommon
    mtDNA (M) ancestor: McDermott b. c1814 in Co. Roscommon
    mtDNA Great grandfather: Connella b. c1798 in Co. Roscommon (T2a1a8)
    Y-DNA 2x great grandfather: Higgins b. c1816 in Co. Roscommon (R-DF109)
    Y-DNA 3x great grandfather: Fleming b. c1829 in Co. Roscommon (R-Z23534)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FionnSneachta For This Useful Post:

alejandromb92 (02-02-2021),  pmokeefe (02-07-2021),  Webb (02-03-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152>L2>Z49>Z142>
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bt
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a2a1b2a1b1>Y4925
    mtDNA (P)
    H37

Since I posted above, I found a more detailed 2000 census source for ancestry breakdown per state and have been working through it ever since I posted above. In my new analysis I’ve included any relevant group with ~700,000 or more people.

This includes African American, American, British, Austrian, Cuban, Czech, Czechoslovak, Slovak, Dane, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Mexican, and other Latin American pops, Native American, Norwegian, Pole, Portuguese, Puerto Rican, Russian, Scottish, Scot-Irish, Swedes/other Scandinavians, Swiss, Ukrainians, and Welsh. I’ve been using Busby, Myres and FTDNA data (FTDNA’s US testing bias is actually a plus in this situation), census and emigration data (e.g. for what parts of France, Germany, Italy most immigrants came from) to further refine U152 percentages.

I’m still working through it. The general trend above is still holding, but I’ve had account/adjust for the listing of multiple ancestry by individuals which particularly inflated the Northern Plains states U152 percentages.

But I appear to wrong about where the highest percentage for U152 is found in the US. It’s not the New England states (although they are near the top of the list)...

It’s Puerto Rico. I was reading last night why this might be the case. Puerto Rico has had significant immigration from France, Germany, Catalan region and Corsica. All of these areas have higher than average U152 percentages, especially Corsica which is amongst the highest anywhere.

Once I’m done I will post the more detailed results.
    Last edited by MitchellSince1893; 02-04-2021 at 04:47 AM.
    Hidden Content

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MitchellSince1893 For This Useful Post:

Cascio (02-08-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152>L2>Z49>Z142>
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bt
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a2a1b2a1b1>Y4925
    mtDNA (P)
    H37

Once I’m done I will post the more detailed results.
    New results posted here
    https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....226#post745226
    Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    7/8 European,1/8 Hawaiian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2>BY4242-Germany
    mtDNA (M)
    H3h-Germany
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-FT41362-Azores, Pt
    mtDNA (P)
    W6a-Slovakia

United States of America Germany Italy Azores Slovakia Hawaii
    Out of curiosity, I used 2000 US census ancestry data and Busby/Myres data for U152 percentages and got the following as the top tier states percentage wise for U152. First 3 are probably the top 3.
    Maine
    New Hampshire
    Vermont
    Wisconsin
    North Dakota
    Rhode Island
    Iowa
    Minnesota
    Nebraska
    Kansas
    South Dakota
    Ohio
    Montana
    Connecticut

Bottom 10 were
    Nevada
    South Carolina
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Texas
    California
    Mississippi
    District of Columbia
    New Mexico
    Hawaii

Take the above with a grain of salt as I has to make quite a few assumptions...but it's a good a guess as any.
    Amusingly enough my line has been well blended as I'm a U152 from Hawaii. Near as I can tell we were German immigrants to first PA about 1750. Then to NC then TN then TX looking for land to farm. WWII gave us lots of opportunities which we went to CA to enjoy where my dad's got a step father who was in the Navy and got placed in Hawaii where my dad met my mom and I was born and still live. U152 and even L2 are way to large for me to even attempt to understand so I start at my first small haplogroup which is A6454. I believe I know all that have tested at that level.
    Daughter's ggg grandparents(father to left, mother to right)
    Y-DNA: R-BY4242, R-Z344, ?, ?, E-FT41362, ?, E-L29, ?, R-Z20907, ?, ?, ?, R-L2, R-L20, ?, ?
    MT-DNA: ?, ?, H3g, ?, ?, ?, ?, W6a, ?, N1b1, ?, B4a1a1, ?, U5b2a, ?, H3h, ?, ?, H15a1, ?, ?, ?, ?, I3a, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, K1c1g

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Osiris For This Useful Post:

Dewsloth (02-08-2021),  MitchellSince1893 (02-08-2021),  rms2 (02-08-2021),  Webb (02-08-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    7/8 European,1/8 Hawaiian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2>BY4242-Germany
    mtDNA (M)
    H3h-Germany
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-FT41362-Azores, Pt
    mtDNA (P)
    W6a-Slovakia

United States of America Germany Italy Azores Slovakia Hawaii
    I am the exception though in my section of the Y tree. Most of them are my distant Y cousins are still in TN, AR and the area around there.
    Daughter's ggg grandparents(father to left, mother to right)
    Y-DNA: R-BY4242, R-Z344, ?, ?, E-FT41362, ?, E-L29, ?, R-Z20907, ?, ?, ?, R-L2, R-L20, ?, ?
    MT-DNA: ?, ?, H3g, ?, ?, ?, ?, W6a, ?, N1b1, ?, B4a1a1, ?, U5b2a, ?, H3h, ?, ?, H15a1, ?, ?, ?, ?, I3a, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, K1c1g

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Osiris For This Useful Post:

Dewsloth (02-08-2021),  rms2 (02-08-2021),  Webb (02-08-2021)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011