Poll: Choose your know clade:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 110

Thread: R-M269 clades statistics in Anthrogenica

  1. #11
    Registered Users
    Posts
    335
    Sex
    Location
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP445
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c2b

    England Germany Palatinate Italy Sicily Ireland Munster Acadia Mercia
    I personally have no horse in this race, but go L21! I have two L21 great-great-grandfathers, one of northwestern French origin and the other Irish.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyP37 For This Useful Post:

     alejandromb92 (01-28-2021)

  3. #12
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,304
    Sex
    Location
    Tierra de Ayllon
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152>L2>Z49>Z142>
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bt
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a2a1b2a1b1>Y4925
    mtDNA (P)
    H37

    England Scotland Wales Germany Ireland Sweden Finns
    For its size U106 always seems underrepresented on this site as far as members go.
    Y DNA line continued: Z142>Z12222>FGC12378>FGC12401>FGC12384
    37% English, 26% Scot/Ulster Scot, 14% Welsh, 14% German, 3% Ireland, 3% Nordic, 2% French/Dutch, 1% India
    Hidden Content

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MitchellSince1893 For This Useful Post:

     Silesian (01-29-2021)

  5. #13
    Banned
    Posts
    13,888
    Sex
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

    Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellSince1893 View Post
    For its size U106 always seems underrepresented on this site as far as members go.
    I forget the details, but I think they've had their own U106 discussion site someplace else for quite awhile. I think that's where they all hang out, but I could be wrong.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (01-28-2021),  MitchellSince1893 (01-28-2021)

  7. #14
    Registered Users
    Posts
    728
    Sex
    Location
    Spain
    Ethnicity
    Hispano-American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY711
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

    Venezuela Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyP37 View Post
    I personally have no horse in this race, but go L21! I have two L21 great-great-grandfathers, one of northwestern French origin and the other Irish.
    L21 it's winning right now, but doing a research in active members of this forum, i am surprised by the number of members carrying DF27, also there is a decent number of U152. Being realistic, considering the british dispora in North America and Oceania, L21 should win.

  8. #15
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,086
    Sex
    Location
    lombardy
    Nationality
    italian

    Italy Portugal Order of Christ Russia Imperial Canada Quebec Spanish Empire (1506-1701) Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by alejandromb92 View Post
    L21 it's winning right now, but doing a research in active members of this forum, i am surprised by the number of members carrying DF27, also there is a decent number of U152. Being realistic, considering the british dispora in North America and Oceania, L21 should win.




    Maybe the Ydna of USA presidents can be a proxy for the overall population. Here what I got



    1. George Washington R1b-L21
    2. John Adams R1b-S1200>S14328>S6849
    3. Thomas Jefferson T1a
    5. James Monroe I2a1a-L161.1
    6. John Quincy Adams R1b-S1200>S14328>S6849
    7. Andrew Jackson I1
    10. John Tyler I2a2a-CTS10148
    11. James K. Polk R1b-U106>L48
    12. Zachary Taylor R1b
    14. Franklin Pierce R1b
    15. James Buchanan R1b-L21>CTS11722
    16. Abraham Lincoln R1b-U152>L2>S20376
    17. Andrew Johnson I2a2a
    18. Ulysses Grant R1b-U106>Z159
    22. Grover Cleveland R1b-U152>L2>L20
    25. William McKinley R1b-L21>DF13>L1335
    28. Woodrow Wilson R1b
    29. Warren G. Harding R1b-L21>DF23>ZP75
    30. Calvin Coolidge I1
    31. Herbert Hoover I1-Z161 or R1a-Z93
    35. John F. Kennedy R1b
    36. Lyndon Baines Johnson E-V13
    39. Jimmy Carter I1
    41. George H.W. Bush R1b-DF27>Z209>S16864
    42. Bill Clinton I1
    43. George W. Bush R1b-DF27>Z209>S16864
    45. Donald Trump R1b-U106>L48>Z9>BY20693 (?)

    JFK and the actual president will be likely R1b L21 IMHO.
    Last edited by etrusco; 01-28-2021 at 04:10 PM.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to etrusco For This Useful Post:

     alejandromb92 (01-28-2021),  pmokeefe (02-07-2021),  Scat (01-29-2021)

  10. #16
    Banned
    Posts
    13,888
    Sex
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

    Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by alejandromb92 View Post
    L21 it's winning right now, but doing a research in active members of this forum, i am surprised by the number of members carrying DF27, also there is a decent number of U152. Being realistic, considering the british dispora in North America and Oceania, L21 should win.
    This is just my own impression, so it could be wrong, but it seems to me L21 participation here has fallen off in the last few years.

    One reason for that could be the fleshing out of the L21 phylogenetic tree in the last several years since the advent of NGS testing and the Big Y. There are so many new terminal SNPs so far downstream that a lot of folks have come to regard L21 as hopelessly remote and of little genealogical value.

    Most guys are into their own branches and sub-branches well downstream of L21.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

     alejandromb92 (01-28-2021)

  12. #17
    Registered Users
    Posts
    728
    Sex
    Location
    Spain
    Ethnicity
    Hispano-American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY711
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

    Venezuela Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by etrusco View Post
    Maybe the Ydna of USA president can be a proxy for the overall population. Here what I get



    1. George Washington R1b-L21
    2. John Adams R1b-S1200>S14328>S6849
    3. Thomas Jefferson T1a
    5. James Monroe I2a1a-L161.1
    6. John Quincy Adams R1b-S1200>S14328>S6849
    7. Andrew Jackson I1
    10. John Tyler I2a2a-CTS10148
    11. James K. Polk R1b-U106>L48
    12. Zachary Taylor R1b
    14. Franklin Pierce R1b
    15. James Buchanan R1b-L21>CTS11722
    16. Abraham Lincoln R1b-U152>L2>S20376
    17. Andrew Johnson I2a2a
    18. Ulysses Grant R1b-U106>Z159
    22. Grover Cleveland R1b-U152>L2>L20
    25. William McKinley R1b-L21>DF13>L1335
    28. Woodrow Wilson R1b
    29. Warren G. Harding R1b-L21>DF23>ZP75
    30. Calvin Coolidge I1
    31. Herbert Hoover I1-Z161 or R1a-Z93
    35. John F. Kennedy R1b
    36. Lyndon Baines Johnson E-V13
    39. Jimmy Carter I1
    41. George H.W. Bush R1b-DF27>Z209>S16864
    42. Bill Clinton I1
    43. George W. Bush R1b-DF27>Z209>S16864
    45. Donald Trump R1b-U106>L48>Z9>BY20693 (?)

    JFK and the actual president will be likely R1b L21 IMHO.
    Interesting, we can say that every U.S. president was either R1b or I, with the big excepcion of Thomas Jefferson. I can only count 4 L21, but i can see that everyone of them are of non-english linage (not sure about Washington). Seems to be that DF27 is even more common than L21 in England, i don't know if someone can share some % distributions of english R1b clades.

  13. #18
    Banned
    Posts
    13,888
    Sex
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

    Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by alejandromb92 View Post
    Interesting, we can say that every U.S. president was either R1b or I, with the big excepcion of Thomas Jefferson. I can only count 4 L21, but i can see that everyone of them are of non-english linage (not sure about Washington). Seems to be that DF27 is even more common than L21 in England, i don't know if someone can share some % distributions of english R1b clades.
    You overlooked LBJ. He was E-V13 evidently.

    I wonder how accurate all that is. How do we know which Prez belonged to which Y haplogroup?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

     alejandromb92 (01-28-2021)

  15. #19
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,304
    Sex
    Location
    Tierra de Ayllon
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152>L2>Z49>Z142>
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bt
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a2a1b2a1b1>Y4925
    mtDNA (P)
    H37

    England Scotland Wales Germany Ireland Sweden Finns
    Quote Originally Posted by etrusco View Post
    Maybe the Ydna of USA presidents can be a proxy for the overall population. Here what I got



    1. George Washington R1b-L21
    2. John Adams R1b-S1200>S14328>S6849
    3. Thomas Jefferson T1a
    5. James Monroe I2a1a-L161.1
    6. John Quincy Adams R1b-S1200>S14328>S6849
    7. Andrew Jackson I1
    10. John Tyler I2a2a-CTS10148
    11. James K. Polk R1b-U106>L48
    12. Zachary Taylor R1b
    14. Franklin Pierce R1b
    15. James Buchanan R1b-L21>CTS11722
    16. Abraham Lincoln R1b-U152>L2>S20376
    17. Andrew Johnson I2a2a
    18. Ulysses Grant R1b-U106>Z159
    22. Grover Cleveland R1b-U152>L2>L20
    25. William McKinley R1b-L21>DF13>L1335
    28. Woodrow Wilson R1b
    29. Warren G. Harding R1b-L21>DF23>ZP75
    30. Calvin Coolidge I1
    31. Herbert Hoover I1-Z161 or R1a-Z93
    35. John F. Kennedy R1b
    36. Lyndon Baines Johnson E-V13
    39. Jimmy Carter I1
    41. George H.W. Bush R1b-DF27>Z209>S16864
    42. Bill Clinton I1
    43. George W. Bush R1b-DF27>Z209>S16864
    45. Donald Trump R1b-U106>L48>Z9>BY20693 (?)

    JFK and the actual president will be likely R1b L21 IMHO.
    What is the source for George Washington being L21?
    Y DNA line continued: Z142>Z12222>FGC12378>FGC12401>FGC12384
    37% English, 26% Scot/Ulster Scot, 14% Welsh, 14% German, 3% Ireland, 3% Nordic, 2% French/Dutch, 1% India
    Hidden Content

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to MitchellSince1893 For This Useful Post:

     etrusco (01-28-2021)

  17. #20
    Registered Users
    Posts
    728
    Sex
    Location
    Spain
    Ethnicity
    Hispano-American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY711
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

    Venezuela Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by rms2 View Post
    This is just my own impression, so it could be wrong, but it seems to me L21 participation here has fallen off in the last few years.

    One reason for that could be the fleshing out of the L21 phylogenetic tree in the last several years since the advent of NGS testing and the Big Y. There are so many new terminal SNPs so far downstream that a lot of folks have come to regard L21 as hopelessly remote and of little genealogical value.

    Most guys are into their own branches and sub-branches well downstream of L21.
    It is my case, at least. I am very interested in knowing more about DF63 than L21, because it seems that this clade has a more britton affinity than gael, i might be wrong, but this is based in the frecuency of both clades. By the way, do you know where it came from? I mean, the L21 mutation, where it was originated.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to alejandromb92 For This Useful Post:

     rms2 (01-28-2021)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Understanding Formal Statistics, f4 and D-Stats
    By TuaMan in forum Inquiries Corner
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-21-2020, 01:19 PM
  2. Using the correct Y chromosome coverage statistics
    By FGC Corp in forum Full Genomes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2019, 07:32 PM
  3. Statistics in the Bell Beaker paper: Table S2
    By epoch in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 05-26-2017, 04:34 AM
  4. Are there any Autosomal DNA statistics for endogamous groups?
    By botoole60611 in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2016, 06:42 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2015, 04:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •