Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Raw data, imputation

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    235
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed

    Question Raw data, imputation

    Hello, Does My Heritage make imputation or not? Because i had seen on this forum that 23andMe does it. Thank you

  2. #2
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    551
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y33
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c2
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-Y6938
    mtDNA (P)
    G2a

    Russian Federation Russia Tatarstan Arms Russia Mordovia Timurid
    Yeah, you can upload raw data from 23andMe, and it works just fine. If that was the question you were asking.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to altvred For This Useful Post:

     Aben Aboo (01-28-2021)

  4. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    235
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed

    Quote Originally Posted by altvred View Post
    Yeah, you can upload raw data from 23andMe, and it works just fine. If that was the question you were asking.
    Thank you, but it's not my question.
    I'm just asking about imputation from My Heritage, not about to upload raw data from 23andMe to MyHeritage .
    And for me upload my 23andMe to MyHeritage was not very good, in my case, Ancestry to MyHeritage was better.
    Last edited by Aben Aboo; 01-28-2021 at 10:42 PM.

  5. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,806
    Sex
    Location
    America
    Ethnicity
    North & Ionian Seas
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1 (P109)

    England Italy Germany Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Aben Aboo View Post
    Thank you, but it's not my question.
    I'm just asking about imputation from My Heritage, not about to upload raw data from 23andMe to MyHeritage .
    And for me upload my 23andMe to MyHeritage was not very good, in my case, Ancestry to MyHeritage was better.
    my Ancestry raw data uploaded to MH gave me some strange results. there are those that say the imputation used to convert 23/ v3 to v5 or vice versa is suspect or at least not as good as plain data that has not imputations obviously. based on my A* to MH results I'd say there is something quite different in how they decipher the data. but even 23/ changed dramatically in my case with their last update. in fact, the most consistent for me has been the G25 using Vahaduo, particularly when I select individual population samples.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryS. For This Useful Post:

     Aben Aboo (01-29-2021)

  7. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    235
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed

    @Jerry ok, thanks and do you know if MyHeritage makes imputation or not?(my question is not about an upload from X DNA society to MyHeritage)

  8. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,806
    Sex
    Location
    America
    Ethnicity
    North & Ionian Seas
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1 (P109)

    England Italy Germany Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Aben Aboo View Post
    @Jerry ok, thanks and do you know if MyHeritage makes imputation or not?(my question is not about an upload from X DNA society to MyHeritage)
    I'm sorry, I do not know if they do so for their own raw data deciphering. I read an article that says they do use imputations for raw data from other sources.
    Last edited by JerryS.; 01-29-2021 at 02:03 PM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryS. For This Useful Post:

     Aben Aboo (01-29-2021)

  10. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    235
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryS. View Post
    I'm sorry, I do not know if they do so for their own raw data deciphering. I read an article that says they do use imputations for raw data from other sources.
    Ok, i see no problem, thank you for your answer my dear.

  11. #8

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Victorious For This Useful Post:

     Aben Aboo (02-03-2021),  JerryS. (02-03-2021)

  13. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    235
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed

    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Hi,
    Oh thank you. And do you now please if Ancestry does it?

  14. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,806
    Sex
    Location
    America
    Ethnicity
    North & Ionian Seas
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1 (P109)

    England Italy Germany Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Aben Aboo View Post
    Hi,
    Oh thank you. And do you now please if Ancestry does it?
    It would be absolutely terrible of ancestry .com used imputations in their raw data after so many have said that they are some of the best and so many have talked about the downfalls limitations and other type of possible errors with imputated data.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryS. For This Useful Post:

     Aben Aboo (02-04-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-27-2018, 06:01 PM
  2. Inquirie about IMPUTATION
    By anglesqueville in forum Inquiries Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2018, 09:04 PM
  3. Concepts – Imputation
    By firemonkey in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-13-2018, 04:16 AM
  4. Promethease & Imputation
    By wilhelmhalys in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2018, 08:13 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2017, 04:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •