Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: R1b-Z2103 overview descendant tree now available

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,427
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H

    R1b-Z2103 overview descendant tree now available

    The largest part of the R1b Basal Subclades "sub" project is R1b-M269>L23>Z2103. I've created an overview descendants tree for Z2103. This is a draft version. It is an overview so not every subclade is there - just the larger and early branches.

    You can see and download high resolution versions of this chart on our About/Results web page.
    https://www.familytreedna.com/groups.../about/results

    For the full tree in an outline format, go to the FTDNA public haplotree.
    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...R;name=R-Z2103

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TigerMW For This Useful Post:

     Andour (02-11-2021),  dsm (02-11-2021),  Lancer (02-17-2021),  sheepslayer (02-11-2021),  Silesian (02-11-2021),  trdbr1234 (02-11-2021)

  3. #2
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,053
    Sex
    Location
    Florida, USA.
    Ethnicity
    English, Scottish & Irish
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-FT80854
    mtDNA (M)
    H1e2
    mtDNA (P)
    K1

    England Scotland Ireland Germany Bayern Italy Two Sicilies France
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMW View Post
    The largest part of the R1b Basal Subclades "sub" project is R1b-M269>L23>Z2103. I've created an overview descendants tree for Z2103. This is a draft version. It is an overview so not every subclade is there - just the larger and early branches.

    You can see and download high resolution versions of this chart on our About/Results web page.
    https://www.familytreedna.com/groups.../about/results

    For the full tree in an outline format, go to the FTDNA public haplotree.
    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...R;name=R-Z2103
    Nice chart!
    Paper Trail: 42.25% English, 31.25% Scottish, 12.5% Irish, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French. Or: 86% British Isles, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French.
    LDNA(c): 86.3% British Isles (48.6% English, 37.7% Scottish & Irish), 7.8% NW Germanic, 5.9% Europe South (Aegean 3.4%, Tuscany 1.3%, Sardinia 1.1%)
    BigY 700: I1-Z140 >F2642 >Y1966 >Y3649 >A13241 >Y3647 >A13248 (circa 540 AD) >FT81015 (circa 1120 AD) >A13243 (circa 1620 AD) >FT80854 (circa 1700 AD).

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to JMcB For This Useful Post:

     Radboud (02-12-2021)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,442
    Sex
    Location
    Canada's Wonderland
    Ethnicity
    Space the final frontier.
    Nationality
    Worldwide
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2110>BY593+
    mtDNA (M)
    U5B2A2
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-U106

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMW View Post
    The largest part of the R1b Basal Subclades "sub" project is R1b-M269>L23>Z2103. I've created an overview descendants tree for Z2103. This is a draft version. It is an overview so not every subclade is there - just the larger and early branches.

    You can see and download high resolution versions of this chart on our About/Results web page.
    https://www.familytreedna.com/groups.../about/results

    For the full tree in an outline format, go to the FTDNA public haplotree.
    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...R;name=R-Z2103
    Thank you for your hard work. Is there anyway you could add 2 nodes from CTS-7822 Yfull?
    Around the Ryazan-Oka river region.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...karivermap.png
    CTS-7822*Ryazanskya oblast, Russia, 3300BC
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Z2110/
    CTS1450*-Mordoviya Russsia
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-CTS1450/
    Last edited by Silesian; 02-11-2021 at 06:33 PM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silesian For This Useful Post:

     dsm (02-11-2021),  trdbr1234 (02-11-2021)

  7. #4
    Banned
    Posts
    300
    Sex
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a-Y35-YP4278

    United States of America Albania Macedonia
    What do you guys make of the distribution of Z2103?

  8. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,427
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H

    Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    Thank you for your hard work. Is there anyway you could add 2 nodes from CTS-7822 Yfull?
    Around the Ryazan-Oka river region.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...karivermap.png
    CTS-7822*Ryazanskya oblast, Russia, 3300BC
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Z2110/
    CTS1450*-Mordoviya Russsia
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-CTS1450/
    What's the RC dating on the CTS1450 guy? Are these both Yamnaya?

    Are there any other Z2103 ancient DNA guys that we could add?

  9. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,442
    Sex
    Location
    Canada's Wonderland
    Ethnicity
    Space the final frontier.
    Nationality
    Worldwide
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2110>BY593+
    mtDNA (M)
    U5B2A2
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-U106

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMW View Post
    What's the RC dating on the CTS1450 guy? Are these both Yamnaya?

    Are there any other Z2103 ancient DNA guys that we could add?
    CTS-7822+ aka Z-2110 is branch of Z-2109 Yamnaya. We have not had any luck either, still waiting for 1 sample to show up, much like L51 Yamnaya. I think those Corded Ware L51 samples in Southeast Poland might have had some Bell Beaker cts-7822 company. Just waiting like everyone else.

  10. #7
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    418
    Sex
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Ethnicity
    British
    Nationality
    Mostly British NZ & Aust
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-S1194 (CTS4528)
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a1a1

    New Zealand Australia England Denmark Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by trdbr1234 View Post
    What do you guys make of the distribution of Z2103?
    Some thoughts and comments.

    Z2103 appears to have 'emerged' around Samara Russia
    Z2103 is (for some of us) a marker for Yamnaya (by this I am meaning Yamnaya Culture vs Yamnaya Horizon. And even more specifically, Yamnaya Horizon seems to include R1a-Z93 and R1a-Z283 and Z2103, and its cousin L51 and also must include some branches of I2. While Yamnaya Culture, only includes Z2103 and some I2.
    Z2103 spread from Samara both south (to Kalmykia and beyond), and east into the *.stans countries.
    Z2103 also spread south and into Anatolia
    Z2103 also spread east approx 2,500 kms to Mongolia very early in Z2103's existance
    Z2103 as Yamnaya Culture migrated into the Carpathian Basin, settled there and became traders in goods and horses
    Z2103 spread into the middle east
    Etc: etc:
    Sth Baltic DNA FB Group: Hidden Content

    L151 child clades P312==U106==S1194==A8053

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dsm For This Useful Post:

     Lancer (02-17-2021),  Lupriac (02-12-2021),  Silesian (02-12-2021),  trdbr1234 (02-12-2021)

  12. #8
    Moderator
    Posts
    2,700
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun/East-Slavic
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z93 (Indo-Aryan)

    Quote Originally Posted by dsm View Post
    Some thoughts and comments.

    Z2103 appears to have 'emerged' around Samara Russia
    Z2103 is (for some of us) a marker for Yamnaya (by this I am meaning Yamnaya Culture vs Yamnaya Horizon. And even more specifically, Yamnaya Horizon seems to include R1a-Z93 and R1a-Z283 and Z2103, and its cousin L51 and also must include some branches of I2. While Yamnaya Culture, only includes Z2103 and some I2.
    Z2103 spread from Samara both south (to Kalmykia and beyond), and east into the *.stans countries.
    Z2103 also spread south and into Anatolia
    Z2103 also spread east approx 2,500 kms to Mongolia very early in Z2103's existance
    Z2103 as Yamnaya Culture migrated into the Carpathian Basin, settled there and became traders in goods and horses
    Z2103 spread into the middle east
    Etc: etc:
    Considering that Afanasievo and Yamnaya still pick minor EEF on qpAdm and there seems to be no M417 or M269 in Khvalynsk (+not enough CHG in Khvalnysk) i personally would not say the Middle Volga/Samara region played a central role in the formation of PIEs and is where PIE clades like Z2103 were born. Rather somewhere more in the southwest and closer to the Don region.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

     etrusco (02-11-2021),  Lancer (02-17-2021)

  14. #9
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    418
    Sex
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Ethnicity
    British
    Nationality
    Mostly British NZ & Aust
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-S1194 (CTS4528)
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a1a1

    New Zealand Australia England Denmark Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    Considering that Afanasievo and Yamnaya still pick minor EEF on qpAdm and there seems to be no M417 or M269 in Khvalynsk (+not enough CHG in Khvalnysk) i personally would not say the Middle Volga/Samara region played a central role in the formation of PIEs and is where PIE clades like Z2103 were born. Rather somewhere more in the southwest and closer to the Don region.
    That could be possible. I today though, rely on the oldest known L23 and the oldest known Z2103 aBurials which are around Samara. And, progressive burials (newer in time) show a clear trail from Samara in many directions, not from the Don.

    When and if aBurials of Z2103 show up around the Don which spans quite a distance from the Forrest Steppe zone to the open Steppes (where the Don + Volga almost meet) and predates the current oldest Z2103, I will happily agree with you. Also note that the current oldest Z2103 is actually from Orenburg which is over to the right of Samara. The opposite direction from the Don. But, all things are possible as more discoveries are published.

    <edit> Added the below map that shows the Don & the Volga - Samara is on the map.
    Don-Volga.jpg
    Last edited by dsm; 02-11-2021 at 10:07 PM. Reason: added map
    Sth Baltic DNA FB Group: Hidden Content

    L151 child clades P312==U106==S1194==A8053

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to dsm For This Useful Post:

     trdbr1234 (02-12-2021)

  16. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,427
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMW
    What's the RC dating on the CTS1450 guy? Are these both Yamnaya?

    Are there any other Z2103 ancient DNA guys that we could add?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    CTS-7822+ aka Z-2110 is branch of Z-2109 Yamnaya. We have not had any luck either, still waiting for 1 sample to show up, much like L51 Yamnaya. I think those Corded Ware L51 samples in Southeast Poland might have had some Bell Beaker cts-7822 company. Just waiting like everyone else.
    Let me ask this another way: I have the Reich database.
    What sample number are you saying is CTS7822?
    Which sample number is CTS1450? Who made those calls?

    I only see Z2103 and Z2103>M12149>Z2106 listed for this age around 3000 BC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I3a overview available sequences
    By -MvD- in forum I
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-17-2020, 06:33 AM
  2. R-L21 project Descendant Tree update
    By TigerMW in forum R1b-L21
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2019, 03:55 PM
  3. Ancient DNA overview
    By rafc in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2019, 03:43 PM
  4. MY GENOMIC OVERVIEW
    By Barellalee in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2018, 01:03 PM
  5. Z2103 (R1b-P25>L389>P297>M269>L23>Z2103) & Z2105
    By TigerMW in forum R1b-Z2103/Z2105
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 04:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •