Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: pre-print genetic differentiation at the site of Kulubnarti in Christian Period Nubia

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    PN L0s:
    PN (Elmenteitan)- L0a1d
    PN (other)- L0a2d
    PN (other)- L0a*
    PN (other)-L0f2a1

While the Nubian samples have 5 L0a1a1.Don't know how 4 PN samples + 2 PIA with various subclades of L0 is weak while 5 Nubian L0a1a1 samples makes it strong. Let's not forgot there's also L0f in a bronze age levantine sample but this lineage is largely absent in modern NE Africa.
    Definitely a mistake on my part. Maybe i was thinking those L0s and L4s were originally the resident MOTA/Hadza/Forager lineages? Absence of M1 in BOTH group at Kulubnarti is still striking.

And this begs the question.....How far north do we consider the Y dna of both groups coming from and do we consider any of the L and M1 lineages to be northern maternal counterparts entering Sub Saharan Africa?

For instance a lineage like M1, especially M1a is seen in Africa as Horn of African derived subclades where they are found, the same for lineages like L3x/i/f..... and if we remove all this L and M1 diversity and just think of it as "East African" that leaves us with only 4 of 38 real Eurasian lineages coming from the North with Pastoralists. Im not quite ready to buy this. I think there could be a long discussion about lineages like M1a who's diversity "originates in the Horn of Africa" vs these lineages originating in their northern counterparts and having diversity that simply retained by Horn Africans. M1a and how it related to AA lineages and diversity look South to North. But the paternal lineages look North to South. Anyway....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beyoku For This Useful Post:

drobbah (03-02-2021),  Megalophias (03-02-2021)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V13

Albania
    Guys, i have a question, one of them should be the Proto Afro-Asiatic marker.

Is it E-M34 (Natufian) or E-M78?

Afro-Asiatic shoouldn't be older than ~12-14 thousand years.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

capsian (03-04-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Adal Sultanate Yemen African Union Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by beyoku View Post
    Definitely a mistake on my part. Maybe i was thinking those L0s and L4s were originally the resident MOTA/Hadza/Forager lineages? Absence of M1 in BOTH group at Kulubnarti is still striking.
    Well it was only 66 individuals with heavy recent West Eurasian maternal ancestry.I wouldn't be surprised once more Sudanese Nubians or Cushitic Beja/Blemmyes graves are excavated that M1a would show up.We already have a couple Ancient Egyptians who were M1 (presumably M1a).

What I did notice is that even modern Sudan has far less M1a today, the Beja have 4% M1a vs Somali 15%, Amhara 16% & Beta Israel 19% but then again Sudan also has a strange phenomenon where the SSA maternal lineages clearly dominate. As shown with these christian period Nubians that as history progressed and major demographic changes happened they mostly probably affected the maternal lineages of the Sudanese including the Beja while the Horn never had to face such challenges which is why it was much easier to retain the more natural balance of MENA & SSA related lineages and keep lineages that were most likely lost in NE Africa.

For instance a lineage like M1, especially M1a is seen in Africa as Horn of African derived subclades where they are found, the same for lineages like L3x/i/f..... and if we remove all this L and M1 diversity and just think of it as "East African" that leaves us with only 4 of 38 real Eurasian lineages coming from the North with Pastoralists. Im not quite ready to buy this. I think there could be a long discussion about lineages like M1a who's diversity "originates in the Horn of Africa" vs these lineages originating in their northern counterparts and having diversity that simply retained by Horn Africans. M1a and how it related to AA lineages and diversity look South to North. But the paternal lineages look North to South. Anyway....
    I think M1a was an indigenous hg maternal lineage of NE Africa with M1b being the NW African variant considering M1b was found in a early Neolithic Moroccan sample.M1 and probably N1 are early back-migrants from West Eurasia (via Levant) into North Africa.I think it's clear that M1a arrived in the Horn from the North and I think ancient dna from NE Africa (Egypt + N.Sudan) will prove it.
    Last edited by drobbah; 03-02-2021 at 07:24 PM.
    Target: Drobbah_scaled
    Distance: 2.8833% / 0.02883253
    93.8 Somali
    6.2 Yemenite_Dhamar

Target: Mother_scaled
    Distance: 2.7252% / 0.02725184
    91.8 Somali
    8.2 Yemenite_Dhamar

FTDNA myorigins 3.0:
    Eritrea, Northern Ethiopia & Somalia
    94%
    Yemenite Jewish
    6%

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

beyoku (03-02-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Italian, 1/2 Armenian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a

Is M1 the only subclade of M whose distribution is primarily outside of South/Southeast/East Asia?

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post

I think M1a was an indigenous hg maternal lineage of NE Africa with M1b being the NW African variant considering M1b was found in a early Neolithic Moroccan sample.M1 and probably N1 are early back-migrants from West Eurasia (via Levant) into North Africa.I think it's clear that M1a arrived in the Horn from the North and I think ancient dna from NE Africa (Egypt + N.Sudan) will prove it.
    I think this is the case too BUT, considering its age and what we would think of its Norther Diversity it surely doesn't mirror northern M35 diversity. Nothing has seemed to indicated an origin north of Egypt using modern/ancient samples.
    That is why i think we just need to use different language when we describe these lineages that could be more indicative of its actual migration. If its true from M1a it could be true for some L lineages too, especially some restricted to the horn of Africa.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beyoku For This Useful Post:

drobbah (03-02-2021),  Megalophias (03-02-2021),  ThaYamamoto (03-03-2021)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Zanzibar
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1307
    mtDNA (M)
    L3b1a

ZanzibarSultanate United Kingdom Uganda
    A little OT but anyone know how common A and B lineages are in Sudanese Arabs?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThaYamamoto For This Useful Post:

Sokoski (03-03-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Adal Sultanate Yemen African Union Canada
    The Ja'alin carry 6% A with no B while a study of Sudanese Nubians I seen carry no A with 7% B

13. The Following User Says Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

ThaYamamoto (03-03-2021)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789