Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 109

Thread: R2a-M124 updates

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Posts
    3,759
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA (M)
    D4j5*

    England

    R2a-M124 updates

    (Full discussions on R2a-M124 subclade discovery can found in the Digging into Haplogroup R2 (Y-DNA) forum, run by our esteemed friend UnderGrounder, the Y-DNA R2 FTDNA Project admin.)


    • R2a1-L295 is the most effective SNP to date at splitting R2a-M124 participants. (L295+, L295-)



    • R2a2-L263 is restricted around Anatolia at present (Armenian and Greek from Asia Minor).
    • R2a3-L1069 is currently specific to Kuwait. The STR diversity among these samples is quite small indicating a recent founder.
    • SNP's M367.2 & M368.2 (future R2a5?) are the current focus on the WTY R2 forum. Both were found in an Azeri Iranian who underwent the WTY test. UnderGrounder currently feels M367.2 sits below M368.2 phylogenetically based on current results. I (Azeri Iranian paternal ancestry) and Birko19 (Assyrian from southern Anatolia) have ordered both.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DMXX For This Useful Post:

     Abdulaziz (03-23-2014),  Mehrdad (10-24-2014),  NK19191 (07-20-2013),  palamede (08-22-2016)

  3. #2

  4. #3
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    329
    Sex
    Location
    The Salish Sea
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Levite
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z251 (FGC11963+)
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a1a

    So what might this mean for SNPs F1092, F1159, F1758, and F3604 which seem to be the ones that Jewish Group A (L295- L288-) people seem to have? Do any of these four SNPs show up in the YFull kits that are L295- L263- L1069- ?

  5. #4
    Banned
    Posts
    440
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2A2 (R-P267)
    mtDNA (M)
    M52A

    I think I'm the only R2A3 on the WTY project there. I've tested negative for L295 and only one positive for F813.

  6. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    447
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a2b1 (SK522+)
    mtDNA (M)
    T1

    Quote Originally Posted by redifflal View Post
    I think I'm the only R2A3 on the WTY project there. I've tested negative for L295 and only one positive for F813.
    Though L295 is the most dominant form of R2a in South Asia, there are a lot of L295- as well. Most of them tend to be on the northern parts of India and Pakistan but there are small numbers in South India too.

    Is R2a3 supposed to be F813+, if that's an established SNP more people need to test for it, specially people from South Asia.

  7. #6
    Banned
    Posts
    440
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2A2 (R-P267)
    mtDNA (M)
    M52A

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasso29 View Post
    Though L295 is the most dominant form of R2a in South Asia, there are a lot of L295- as well. Most of them tend to be on the northern parts of India and Pakistan but there are small numbers in South India too.

    Is R2a3 supposed to be F813+, if that's an established SNP more people need to test for it, specially people from South Asia.
    I think R2A3 is supposed to be L1069+. Didn't see anything about F813+. But Abdul Aziz on the WTY classified me as a R2A3, and apparently I'm the only R2A3 there. I looked through my ftDNA tests and L1069 wasn't tested. Unless F813+ means L1069+, no idea.

  8. #7
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    329
    Sex
    Location
    The Salish Sea
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Levite
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z251 (FGC11963+)
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a1a

    Quote Originally Posted by redifflal View Post
    I think R2A3 is supposed to be L1069+. Didn't see anything about F813+. But Abdul Aziz on the WTY classified me as a R2A3, and apparently I'm the only R2A3 there. I looked through my ftDNA tests and L1069 wasn't tested. Unless F813+ means L1069+, no idea.
    F813 is ChrY: 6716850 G>A

    L1069 is ChrY: 7593759 A>T

    FTDNA puts F813 at the same level as L295, F1092 and L288 in their tree (for ISOGG purposes, R2a1 is L295, R2a2 is L263, R2a3 is L1069, and if we ever get around to it, R2a4 ought to be F1092). It is too bad that FTDNA is using a different scheme. For FTDNA, R2a1 is L295, R2a2 is F1092, R2a3 is F813, R2a4 is L288

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seferhabahir For This Useful Post:

     dp (10-24-2014),  redifflal (10-24-2014)

  10. #8
    Banned
    Posts
    440
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2A2 (R-P267)
    mtDNA (M)
    M52A

    Quote Originally Posted by seferhabahir View Post
    F813 is ChrY: 6716850 G>A

    L1069 is ChrY: 7593759 A>T

    FTDNA puts F813 at the same level as L295, F1092 and L288 in their tree (for ISOGG purposes, R2a1 is L295, R2a2 is L263, R2a3 is L1069, and if we ever get around to it, R2a4 ought to be F1092). It is too bad that FTDNA is using a different scheme. For FTDNA, R2a1 is L295, R2a2 is F1092, R2a3 is F813, R2a4 is L288
    Thanks. So if I'm getting this right, there's disagreement on which SNP to should be used to classify as R2a*, R2a2, R2a3 and R2a4, since R2a1 seems to be defined with the L295+ across the board. A question I have is based on mutation rates, how come geneticists can predict the date when R came from P, when P came from K(xLT), but not say when R2a came from R2, when R2a3 came from R2a, etc. Or can they and I just haven't come across that information yet.

  11. #9
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    329
    Sex
    Location
    The Salish Sea
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Levite
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z251 (FGC11963+)
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a1a

    FTDNA used the information from Geno 2.0 tests to construct their tree and pretty much ignored everything else. A more representative tree using new NGS results would be something like this...

    R2 (M479)
    ....R2*
    ....R2a (M124)
    ........R2a*
    ........R2a1 (FGC12586)
    ............R2a1*
    ............R2a1a (PF7499)
    ................R2a1a*
    ................R2a1a1 (L295)
    ................R2a1a2 (L1069)
    ............R2a1b (L288)
    ........R2a2 (F1092, F1159, F3604)
    ............R2a2*
    ............R2a2a (F1758)

    I am not sure where L263 and F813 are placed in relation to PF7499. See the charts in the following thread on the R2.dna.org forum.

    http://r2dna.org/index.php?topic=756.45

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to seferhabahir For This Useful Post:

     redifflal (11-10-2014)

  13. #10
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    329
    Sex
    Location
    The Salish Sea
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Levite
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z251 (FGC11963+)
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a1a

    Anybody know what happened to the Digging into Haplogroup R2 (Y-DNA) forum ??

    http://r2dna.org

    The host server seems to be saying that forum site has been suspended or removed...

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to seferhabahir For This Useful Post:

     redifflal (11-10-2014)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •