It/Pl/Sw/NA
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (P)
    EV13

United States Betsy Ross Italy Sicily Poland Russia Tatarstan Sweden

Question Legitimacy of Haplogroup D inheritance

Hello,

It appears that on my unscaled I score consistent amounts of Koryak/Itelmen. My dad's maternal is D5a2; is this related to this Siberian dna? What do you think?

Generic Mod Account
    Sex
    Omitted

I am going to make this very clear to you. This is your first and only warning regarding creating multiple threads in different forum sections in the hope of getting more answers. Your other threads have been closed. If you continue to do this an infraction will follow. Each question does not need multiple threads in multiple sections of the forum. If members want to respond, they will.
    Forum Reminders - Please remember to:
    Report any problematic content Adhere to Anthrogenica Hidden Content Discuss respectfully Be mindful of sharing user data (both yours and others) English language only in main forum area PM 'Moderator' for basic maintenance tasks or information about member suspensions or bans

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    It/Pl/Sw/NA
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (P)
    EV13

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I am going to make this very clear to you. This is your first and only warning regarding creating multiple threads in different forum sections in the hope of getting more answers. Your other threads have been closed. If you continue to do this an infraction will follow. Each question does not need multiple threads in multiple sections of the forum. If members want to respond, they will.
    What can I post then? I would like to ask a question about DNA that doesn't pertain to myself. Is this permitted?

Generic Mod Account
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by Sokoski View Post
    What can I post then? I would like to ask a question about DNA that doesn't pertain to myself. Is this permitted?
    Yes, you certainly can. You've asked about your father here, which is similar to the other two threads you posted in different sections. If you have additional question's about your father, you can post them in this thread. If you had another question regarding another family member, you're more than welcome to post, however it does not need to be posted multiple times in different sections.
    Forum Reminders - Please remember to:
    Report any problematic content Adhere to Anthrogenica Hidden Content Discuss respectfully Be mindful of sharing user data (both yours and others) English language only in main forum area PM 'Moderator' for basic maintenance tasks or information about member suspensions or bans

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moderator For This Useful Post:

FionnSneachta (03-02-2021),  JMcB (03-02-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    It/Pl/Sw/NA
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (P)
    EV13

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Yes, you certainly can. You've asked about your father here, which is similar to the other two threads you posted in different sections. If you have additional question's about your father, you can post them in this thread. If you had another question regarding another family member, you're more than welcome to post, however it does not need to be posted multiple times in different sections.
    Okay thank you! I apologize I am still learning. I will make sure to follow the TOS from now on

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sokoski For This Useful Post:

Ashina (03-02-2021),  FionnSneachta (03-02-2021),  JMcB (03-02-2021),  Moderator (03-01-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Hello,

It appears that on my unscaled I score consistent amounts of Koryak/Itelmen. My dad's maternal is D5a2; is this related to this Siberian dna? What do you think?
    Members of certain subclades of mtDNA haplogroup D5a2 have been found among indigenous peoples of Siberia. However, the distribution of D5a2 in Siberia appears to be mostly limited to populations of areas contiguous with East Asia or Central Asia, such as Buryatia, Tuva, and Altai. The main exception is the D5a2a2 subclade, which is very common among Yakuts; however, D5a2a2 appears to be a very young subclade, and it probably has spread into Yakutia with a northward migration of Yakut ancestors.

Generally speaking, members of mtDNA haplogroup D5a2 are most often found among East Asians proper: people who live in (or whose maternal ancestors have recently emigrated from) China (including some peripheral areas, such as Tibet), Korea, or Japan.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebizur For This Useful Post:

Sokoski (03-02-2021),  xenus (03-02-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    It/Pl/Sw/NA
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (P)
    EV13

Quote Originally Posted by Ebizur View Post
    Members of certain subclades of mtDNA haplogroup D5a2 have been found among indigenous peoples of Siberia. However, the distribution of D5a2 in Siberia appears to be mostly limited to populations of areas contiguous with East Asia or Central Asia, such as Buryatia, Tuva, and Altai. The main exception is the D5a2a2 subclade, which is very common among Yakuts; however, D5a2a2 appears to be a very young subclade, and it probably has spread into Yakutia with a northward migration of Yakut ancestors.

Generally speaking, members of mtDNA haplogroup D5a2 are most often found among East Asians proper: people who live in (or whose maternal ancestors have recently emigrated from) China (including some peripheral areas, such as Tibet), Korea, or Japan.
    This is very cool! I know of some distant origins in Siberia. So my dad likely had an ancestor from there?

Registered Users
    Sex

This is very cool! I know of some distant origins in Siberia. So my dad likely had an ancestor from there?
    It is not impossible that your father's matrilineal ancestor might have arrived to wherever your father's known ancestry lies via some part of Siberia. However, Siberia is a vast region, and the indigenous peoples of each subregion may be genetically quite distinct from one another.

What is the place of birth of your most distant known ancestor on your father's maternal line?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    It/Pl/Sw/NA
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (P)
    EV13

Quote Originally Posted by Ebizur View Post
    It is not impossible that your father's matrilineal ancestor might have arrived to wherever your father's known ancestry lies via some part of Siberia. However, Siberia is a vast region, and the indigenous peoples of each subregion may be genetically quite distinct from one another.

What is the place of birth of your most distant known ancestor on your father's maternal line?
    This would be Bashkortostan, Russia. Also Dagestan, Russia (Armenia/Georgia) and Toledo, Spain
    Last edited by Sokoski; 03-03-2021 at 09:05 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sokoski For This Useful Post:

Ebizur (03-04-2021),  ThaYamamoto (03-03-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

This would be Bashkortostan, Russia. Also Dagestan, Russia (Armenia/Georgia) and Toledo, Spain
    Has your father's mtDNA been fully tested and confirmed to belong to D5a2* (as opposed to any known subclade of D5a2)?

The Bashkirs of Bashkortostan are a Turkic-speaking ethnic group that possesses its own peculiar assortment of lineages of diverse origins. I would not dare to proffer a guess about the earlier origin of your father's maternal line without high resolution results regarding his mtDNA.

As I have mentioned previously, the greatest diversity (and, in general, the greatest density of distribution and overall population size) of mtDNA haplogroup D5a2 is found in East Asia, while one particular (and apparently very young) subclade, D5a2a2, is highly frequent among the Yakut, a Turkic-speaking ethnic group of mainly the middle Lena basin (including the basins of its Vilyuy and Aldan tributaries) in eastern Siberia. There is also one very young branch, labeled as D5a2a1a1b1 on the current version of the YFull mtree, that exhibits a T15905C mutation and that has been found among people in Poland in several academic studies. Examples of mtDNA that share a A15218G mutation with the Polish D5a2a1a1b1 lineage but do not share the T15905C mutation (and instead exhibit their own distinctive G3391A mutation) have been found in two Uyghur individuals. Most close relatives of this Polish-Uyghur clade are found among present-day Japanese, but the Japanese clade is probably only about two to four thousand years old, and it may represent descendants of some migrant(s) from a Metal Age culture of China.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebizur For This Useful Post:

Sokoski (03-04-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast