Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Unable to see members' other Y and mtDNA

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    105
    Location
    US
    Ethnicity
    Jewish & British
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y140446
    mtDNA (M)
    H4a1a4b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    I-Z60
    mtDNA (P)
    V7a7a2

    Unable to see members' other Y and mtDNA

    Hello,

    I just realized that I am not able to see my own maternal grandfather's Y or paternal grandmother's mtDNA on my own posts underneath where my avatar would be, or these for any other member. I looked around in settings for a fix but couldn't find any. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Posts
    888
    Sex
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1-L338
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c1

    United Kingdom Northumberland European Union
    Quote Originally Posted by leorcooper19 View Post
    Hello,

    I just realized that I am not able to see my own maternal grandfather's Y or paternal grandmother's mtDNA on my own posts underneath where my avatar would be, or these for any other member. I looked around in settings for a fix but couldn't find any. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
    I can see yours on your post above: Y-DNA (M): I-Z60, mtDNA (P): V7a looking at my own view of your post. Perhaps if you take a screenshot, might be able to see where the problem is.
    Haplogroup I1 Ancient DNA Samples Map: Hidden Content

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadly77 For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (03-02-2021)

  4. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    105
    Location
    US
    Ethnicity
    Jewish & British
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y140446
    mtDNA (M)
    H4a1a4b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    I-Z60
    mtDNA (P)
    V7a7a2

    Quote Originally Posted by deadly77 View Post
    I can see yours on your post above: Y-DNA (M): I-Z60, mtDNA (P): V7a looking at my own view of your post. Perhaps if you take a screenshot, might be able to see where the problem is.
    Thanks for your response. This is what I see for you: https://ibb.co/ypxdN4J

  5. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,037
    Sex

    Netherlands
    I only see the grey texts when logged out, should be the other way around I think.

    EDIT: as said below, this has to do with the "default" view, switching to another solves it.
    Last edited by Pylsteen; 03-03-2021 at 11:48 AM.

  6. #5
    Moderator
    Posts
    888
    Sex
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1-L338
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c1

    United Kingdom Northumberland European Union
    Ah, ok. The reason you don't see my Y-DNA (M) or mtDNA (P) is because I haven't filled those in - simply because I don't know what haplogroups they are - ie, haven't tested a relevant person. I've only filled in Y-DNA (P) and mtDNA (M) on my profile. Different users can choose what they include from "My Profile" then the "About Me" tab but not everyone does.

    However, from your post, you said that you weren't able to see your own. Is that still the case?
    Haplogroup I1 Ancient DNA Samples Map: Hidden Content

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to deadly77 For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (03-02-2021)

  8. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    105
    Location
    US
    Ethnicity
    Jewish & British
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y140446
    mtDNA (M)
    H4a1a4b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    I-Z60
    mtDNA (P)
    V7a7a2

    Quote Originally Posted by deadly77 View Post
    Ah, ok. The reason you don't see my Y-DNA (M) or mtDNA (P) is because I haven't filled those in - simply because I don't know what haplogroups they are - ie, haven't tested a relevant person. I've only filled in Y-DNA (P) and mtDNA (M) on my profile. Different users can choose what they include from "My Profile" then the "About Me" tab but not everyone does.

    However, from your post, you said that you weren't able to see your own. Is that still the case?
    Ah lol that would make sense then. But yes, that is still the case. I can't see my own nor those of any individual on the forum.

    What I see for mine: https://ibb.co/DWfqt4C
    Last edited by leorcooper19; 03-02-2021 at 07:17 PM. Reason: added my own pic

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to leorcooper19 For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (03-02-2021)

  10. #7
    Moderator
    Posts
    888
    Sex
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1-L338
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c1

    United Kingdom Northumberland European Union
    From the screenshot you posted, it looks like you can see mine? AT least I can see my haplogroups I-L338 and J1c1 from the screenshot you took.

    Here's what I'm seeing for you Screenshot 2021-03-02 192025.png

    Are you viewing this on your phone or one of the alternative views? Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and look to the left for the style chooser. Switch that to BittenFruit_fluid style. If it's already on that, switch to one of the others and then switch it back.
    Haplogroup I1 Ancient DNA Samples Map: Hidden Content

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadly77 For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (03-02-2021),  Pylsteen (03-03-2021)

  12. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    105
    Location
    US
    Ethnicity
    Jewish & British
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y140446
    mtDNA (M)
    H4a1a4b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    I-Z60
    mtDNA (P)
    V7a7a2

    Quote Originally Posted by deadly77 View Post
    From the screenshot you posted, it looks like you can see mine? AT least I can see my haplogroups I-L338 and J1c1 from the screenshot you took.

    Here's what I'm seeing for you Screenshot 2021-03-02 192025.png

    Are you viewing this on your phone or one of the alternative views? Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and look to the left for the style chooser. Switch that to BittenFruit_fluid style. If it's already on that, switch to one of the others and then switch it back.
    Awesome! Looks like the issue was that I was on the "Default Style", which apparently does not allow for/include these other uniparentals. I've switched to BittenFruit_fluid and I can now see mine. Thanks for your help!

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leorcooper19 For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (03-02-2021),  Pylsteen (03-03-2021)

  14. #9
    Moderator
    Posts
    888
    Sex
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1-L338
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c1

    United Kingdom Northumberland European Union
    That seems to be it - I switched mine to "Default Style" and it's now only displaying two haplogroups for you rather than four. Glad we were able to figure this out.
    Haplogroup I1 Ancient DNA Samples Map: Hidden Content

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deadly77 For This Useful Post:

     Coldmountains (03-02-2021),  JMcB (03-02-2021),  leorcooper19 (03-02-2021),  passenger (03-02-2021),  Pylsteen (03-03-2021)

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to upload to YSearch?
    By DillonResearcher in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2018, 12:42 AM
  2. Living dna-unable to log in .
    By firemonkey in forum Living DNA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-24-2017, 06:23 AM
  3. yFull unable to connect
    By firemonkey in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2017, 12:42 PM
  4. Unable to post
    By Baest in forum Forum Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2015, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •