USA
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L2>S14469+
    mtDNA
    H10>T155C

Poland

H10

Any other H10 around?

I'm H10, and wonder if I'll ever see a subclade.

My 'private' mutations are:

C150T T155C 309.1C 315.1C 522.1A 522.2C T16093C A16265t

It sees like a lot. Am I that far from everyone else that's been tested? Or are all of these 'unreliable'? 2 mutations at 522 seem reasonably unstable anyway.

Anyone have any idea how long ago H10 originated?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA
    U5a2a1

Thom - I'm the volunteer administrator for the H10 project. Did you get my email about your results? You can ignore 309.1C 315.1C 522.1A 522.2C as these are common mutations shared by many people. T16093C is also extremely common in H10. So C150T T155C A16265t are the ones that make your results unique. H10 is estimated to be about 9000 years old.

Also, my Dad's mtDNA is H10e1.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L2>S14469+
    mtDNA
    H10>T155C

Poland
    Gail - Thank you for the information. Yes, I got your email, I didn't connect you to it before. Nice to know I'm close to your dad. I was hoping there would be others posting about H10 on the forum, but maybe it's just the two of us. Is he also the R1b-L2 sample you talk about?

Looking over the H10 group, it looks like C150T also occurs in H10e (and about a dozen other H branches), and looking at the mt tree it seems like C150T is more common than T16093C. In fact, it looks like they both occur on many other branches also (L, M, G, etc).

Do many of the mtDNA mutations recur like this? All over the place?

I found A16265t in L3e3 who all have C150T from L3e, and a J individual who also has both, what's the odds of that? Maybe C150T is required before A16265t? I'm hoping others will test positive for those two in H10 and get us on a branch (it seems unfair that those mutations define branches in other hgs).

I didn't see T155C anywhere else, so I suppose that's what really sets me apart.

BTW: FTDNA lists two 'matches' for me with GD of 3. I don't see either of those names in the H10 Project. But how distant is a GD of 3 in mtDNA? Thousands of years anyway?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA
    U5a2a1

Quote Originally Posted by tbartold View Post
    Gail - Thank you for the information. Yes, I got your email, I didn't connect you to it before. Nice to know I'm close to your dad. I was hoping there would be others posting about H10 on the forum, but maybe it's just the two of us. Is he also the R1b-L2 sample you talk about?

BTW: FTDNA lists two 'matches' for me with GD of 3. I don't see either of those names in the H10 Project. But how distant is a GD of 3 in mtDNA? Thousands of years anyway?
    Yes - my dad is the R1b-L2 "Johannes Crauss" kit from Ronshausen, Hesse, Germany, so you are both y and mtDNA cousins with him.

Your two 3-step mtDNA matches are both plain H10 with no additional mutations, so your common maternal ancestor with them could be as much as 9000 years ago, the estimated age of H10. 150 is extremely common, while 16265T and 155 are less common, but it's really the combination of the 3 mutations that make your results most unique. Hopefully you will get some exact, 0-step matches.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA
    H10e1

United States of America
    I just got my full sequence back from FTDNA a few days ago, I'm H10e1. I've been searching the internet for information and came across this post. I'm interested in exchanging information that would help me complete my maternal lineage.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA
    U5a2a1

Quote Originally Posted by barbccfl View Post
    I just got my full sequence back from FTDNA a few days ago, I'm H10e1. I've been searching the internet for information and came across this post. I'm interested in exchanging information that would help me complete my maternal lineage.
    I sent you an email with more infomration about your results. H10e1 is estimated to be about 3500 years old and is mostly found in Germany, England, France and Ireland. There is an ancient H10 sample dated to 6009 years ago that was found at a site in Germany, so we know that some H10 were in Europe before that date.

Sex
    mtDNA
    H10e1

I received my results today and similar to other posters, I have a result of H10e1. What would this indicate?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA
    U5a2a1

If you tested at FTDNA, joined the H10 project, and shared your coding region results, I will take a look at your results and see if I can place you in a subclade of H10e1.

Gail

Sex
    mtDNA
    H10e1

Quote Originally Posted by GailT View Post
    If you tested at FTDNA, joined the H10 project, and shared your coding region results, I will take a look at your results and see if I can place you in a subclade of H10e1.

Gail
    I did use FTDNA, haven't joined H10, but will do. Thanks.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Given up working it out
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    i2b1*
    mtDNA
    H1J6

My Dad is H10. His maternal line seems to come from England. He tested with 23andme and I doubt he will want to do the FTDNA test so I was wondering if the mutations appear in the 23andme raw data which might narrow his group down a little, even though 23andme only give H10? Also where is it mostly found?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast