Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sites to upload raw data?

Registered Users
    Sex

Sites to upload raw data?

Can you guys suggest some sites to upload raw data etc for ancestry estimations...not including Gedmatch, vahaduo and G25. Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HBA39 For This Useful Post:

Nino90 (03-24-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italo-Germanic
    Nationality
    Swedish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2 / R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a1

Sweden Italy Italy 1861-1946 Sami Vatican Italy Tuscany
    You can upload your raw-data to MyHeritage.com + LivingDNA.
    Hidden Content

Target: Nino_scaled
    Distance: 3.1640% / 0.03163963 | R3P
    64.4 __Germanic
    26.4 __IllyricRoman
    9.2 __Finnic

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Nino90 View Post
    You can upload your raw-data to MyHeritage.com + LivingDNA.
    I used those. Both are completely awful, especially MyHeritage. The only good thing to come from MH was their relative matching.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English and Irish
    Nationality
    British

England Ireland Connacht East Anglia England North of England United Kingdom Ireland
    Also FTDNA.

I agree that they’re less accurate than 23andme for instance. But they aren’t scams. FTDNA I find slightly more accurate than MyHeritage. LivingDNA is only accurate for British people.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lana6765 For This Useful Post:

HBA39 (03-24-2021),  Nino90 (03-24-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italo-Germanic
    Nationality
    Swedish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2 / R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a1

Sweden Italy Italy 1861-1946 Sami Vatican Italy Tuscany
    Quote Originally Posted by HBA39 View Post
    I used those. Both are completely awful, especially MyHeritage. The only good thing to come from MH was their relative matching.
    I agree. MH is the worst ancestry breakdown I have seen.

Actually 23andme is the best around nowadays. Download Admixture Studio and try all free extended Gedmatch calculators.
    Hidden Content

Target: Nino_scaled
    Distance: 3.1640% / 0.03163963 | R3P
    64.4 __Germanic
    26.4 __IllyricRoman
    9.2 __Finnic

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nino90 For This Useful Post:

Aben Aboo (03-24-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed

Hello, for my case MH is better at this hour than my upload to FTDNA....and for Living DNA no comment....23andMe is the best between big compagnies for me at this time.
    It has some other minors compagnies like TellMeGen and ADNTRO(something like that lol) for to upload your raw data concerning ancestry breakdown
    Last edited by Aben Aboo; 03-24-2021 at 01:44 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aben Aboo For This Useful Post:

digital_noise (03-24-2021),  HBA39 (03-24-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Venetian + CS Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-Z58
    mtDNA (M)
    H7

Republic of Venice Friuli Vatican
    My experience after I've downloaded the raw data from 23andme and uploaded it anywhere else (FTDNA, MyHeritage, DNA.Land, Living DNA etc).
    They all fall far behind 23andme, especially FTDNA and MyHeritage. MyTrueAncestry seems just silly to me so I'd avoid it. Only partially acceptable to me was Living DNA, wrong but not as wrong as the others.

Just to give you an idea:

(paper trail 100% Italian for at least 300 years, 50% Veneto, 50% mix Central-North and Central-South, but probably overall leaning Central-South).

Range 85-100% Italian detected:
    23andme: 93.3% Italian (spotting pretty well 4 out of 5 main regions of ancestry, Sicily was also ranking high with Veneto, Friuli, Abruzzo and Marche but I guess is over-sampling from the US), 5.2% Greek & Balkan, 1.4% Scandinavian.
    Living DNA: 46.9% South Italy (it includes Lazio), 39.4% North Italy, 11.4% Aegean (which includes Mainland Greece and Albania seems like), 2.3% North East Caucasus. Pretty good except for lower numbers for North Italy, higher Aegean vs G&B of 23andme, no more Scandinavian but Caucasus (both probably noise, although 23andme is pretty confident about the Scandinavian bit).

Less than 50% Italian:
    FTDNA: 46% Italian Peninsula, 29% Greece and Balkans, 6% Iberia, 6% Central Europe, 5% England, Wales and Scotland, 4% Malta (which includes Sicily) and then 5% of various self-declared noise (Sephardic and West Asia).
    MyHeritage: 35% Balkans, 34% Italian, 20% Greek and Southern Italy, 5% Ashkenazi, 4.3% Iberian, 1.3% Eastern Europe, 1.3% West Asia. 100% mess.

Smaller guys with weird definitions:
    ADNTRO: 81.3% South East Europe (includes both Italy and all the Balkans), 14% Iberian, 2% Pakistan, 1.2% Amerindian (from Greater Colombia), 0.9% North-West Europe, 0.5% Scandinavia. I mean... if you want to play it safe with a large category which includes Italy from the Alps to Sicily and the Balkans from Slovenia to Greece and Romania... at least you've got to give me 100%.
    DNA.Land: 57% South-Central Europe which according to them includes Bergamo and Tuscany, 21% Mediterrenean Islander which includes Sicily, Malta, Cyprus, 10% Finnish, 1.1% Balkans, 1.1% South-West Europe which includes Iberia, Basques and Southern France.

Slightly off topic, but what's the level of change I can expect from different raw data and quality of raw data (for G25 in particular)? I saw some people plotting quite differently on a PCA when they use different kits or superkits.
    Deep Ancestry: 63.2% AUT_LBK_N + 36.8% RUS_Vonyuchka_En @ 2.6339%
    Ancient: 89.0% ITA_Rome_Late_Antiquity + 11.0% HUN_Avar_Szolad @ 2.4649%

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Adriatic For This Useful Post:

HBA39 (03-24-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Adriatic View Post
    My experience after I've downloaded the raw data from 23andme and uploaded it anywhere else (FTDNA, MyHeritage, DNA.Land, Living DNA etc).
    They all fall far behind 23andme, especially FTDNA and MyHeritage. MyTrueAncestry seems just silly to me so I'd avoid it. Only partially acceptable to me was Living DNA, wrong but not as wrong as the others.

Just to give you an idea:

(paper trail 100% Italian for at least 300 years, 50% Veneto, 50% mix Central-North and Central-South, but probably overall leaning Central-South).

Range 85-100% Italian detected:
    23andme: 93.3% Italian (spotting pretty well 4 out of 5 main regions of ancestry, Sicily was also ranking high with Veneto, Friuli, Abruzzo and Marche but I guess is over-sampling from the US), 5.2% Greek & Balkan, 1.4% Scandinavian.
    Living DNA: 46.9% South Italy (it includes Lazio), 39.4% North Italy, 11.4% Aegean (which includes Mainland Greece and Albania seems like), 2.3% North East Caucasus. Pretty good except for lower numbers for North Italy, higher Aegean vs G&B of 23andme, no more Scandinavian but Caucasus (both probably noise, although 23andme is pretty confident about the Scandinavian bit).

Less than 50% Italian:
    FTDNA: 46% Italian Peninsula, 29% Greece and Balkans, 6% Iberia, 6% Central Europe, 5% England, Wales and Scotland, 4% Malta (which includes Sicily) and then 5% of various self-declared noise (Sephardic and West Asia).
    MyHeritage: 35% Balkans, 34% Italian, 20% Greek and Southern Italy, 5% Ashkenazi, 4.3% Iberian, 1.3% Eastern Europe, 1.3% West Asia. 100% mess.

Smaller guys with weird definitions:
    ADNTRO: 81.3% South East Europe (includes both Italy and all the Balkans), 14% Iberian, 2% Pakistan, 1.2% Amerindian (from Greater Colombia), 0.9% North-West Europe, 0.5% Scandinavia. I mean... if you want to play it safe with a large category which includes Italy from the Alps to Sicily and the Balkans from Slovenia to Greece and Romania... at least you've got to give me 100%.
    DNA.Land: 57% South-Central Europe which according to them includes Bergamo and Tuscany, 21% Mediterrenean Islander which includes Sicily, Malta, Cyprus, 10% Finnish, 1.1% Balkans, 1.1% South-West Europe which includes Iberia, Basques and Southern France.

Slightly off topic, but what's the level of change I can expect from different raw data and quality of raw data (for G25 in particular)? I saw some people plotting quite differently on a PCA when they use different kits or superkits.

My issue with LivingDNA is that it overestimates my British ancestry. I’m only around 45% British but it puts me as 60% and then it underestimates my other ethnicities which are Eastern and Southern European, and Middle East.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Nino90 View Post
    I agree. MH is the worst ancestry breakdown I have seen.

Actually 23andme is the best around nowadays. Download Admixture Studio and try all free extended Gedmatch calculators.
    I agree. 23andme seems to be the best. Iíve also uploaded to YourDNAPortal which seems like a more updated Gedmatch, they gave me pretty decent results with their oracles. As well as ADNTro, it was pretty vague and didnít go into much detail other than giving regions. I just got my DNAGenics result back and they seemed pretty much on point, my only argument with them is that it lumped the majority of my British into Scandinavian. Iím also waiting on my TellMeGen results. So many new sites have come about lately I just wondered if there were more. I love this stuff so much lol

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Venetian + CS Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-Z58
    mtDNA (M)
    H7

Republic of Venice Friuli Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by HBA39 View Post
    My issue with LivingDNA is that it overestimates my British ancestry. I’m only around 45% British but it puts me as 60% and then it underestimates my other ethnicities which are Eastern and Southern European, and Middle East.
    I understand. I also have no balkan ancestry on paper and yet all of them give me some. The problem is that while giving you 15 points more British and less of your other ancestry is a thing, another thing is just to give you 50 or 70 point less of your ancestry as FTNDA and MH did to me.
    But I don't know... it could be that they work better with their own tests... honestly I won't try it and I'll just to a WGS in the next future, without uploading the results to any of these commercial tests (which I could recommend only for 23andme).
    Deep Ancestry: 63.2% AUT_LBK_N + 36.8% RUS_Vonyuchka_En @ 2.6339%
    Ancient: 89.0% ITA_Rome_Late_Antiquity + 11.0% HUN_Avar_Szolad @ 2.4649%

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast