Thread: Sites to upload raw data?

Registered Users
    Sex

DNA Genics should be free like Tellmegen with their funny estimates

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Mariusz95 View Post
    DNA Genics should be free like Tellmegen with their funny estimates
    It costs £10 to unlock the ancestry estimate with DNA Genics. I haven’t received my ancestry report from Tellmegen yet, apparently it could take up to a month.

Registered Users
    Sex

G25 will give you probably the best results but the most important is to make model which make sense to your known ancestry

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H1

Brazil Azores Italy Ladinia
    Having tested with the 5 main companies (23andme, Ancestry, LivingDNA, MH, FTDNA) by now I can attest that 23andme is indeed the best, but AncestryDNA isn't that far behind, their results are almost the same as 23andme. The other commercial companies deliver awful results for most people, only LivingDNA seems to be excellent for people of British origin. 23andme and Ancestry are the tests I would recommend for someone that is adopted and might want to know his aproximate breakdown.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Agrippa View Post
    Having tested with the 5 main companies (23andme, Ancestry, LivingDNA, MH, FTDNA) by now I can attest that 23andme is indeed the best, but AncestryDNA isn't that far behind, their results are almost the same as 23andme. The other commercial companies deliver awful results for most people, only LivingDNA seems to be excellent for people of British origin. 23andme and Ancestry are the tests I would recommend for someone that is adopted and might want to know his aproximate breakdown.
    Ancestry was good before their update. They had my ancestry spot on when I first took the test, but with each up date it gets worse and worse.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HBA39 For This Useful Post:

Aben Aboo (03-25-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Adriatic View Post
    I understand. I also have no balkan ancestry on paper and yet all of them give me some. The problem is that while giving you 15 points more British and less of your other ancestry is a thing, another thing is just to give you 50 or 70 point less of your ancestry as FTNDA and MH did to me.
    But I don't know... it could be that they work better with their own tests... honestly I won't try it and I'll just to a WGS in the next future, without uploading the results to any of these commercial tests (which I could recommend only for 23andme).
    Upload raw data to GEDmatch and launch Eurogenes K13 and K15, they should be the most "accurate" for Europeans.
    [1] "distance%=2.9299"

Ajeje Brazorf

EEF,51.4
    BALTIC_BA,12.6
    GANJ_DAREH,10.8
    CHG,10.4
    MIDDLE_EAST,10
    ANE,2.4
    TAFORALT,1.8
    WHG,0.6

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeje Brazorf View Post
    Upload raw data to GEDmatch and launch Eurogenes K13 and K15, they should be the most "accurate" for Europeans.
    Gedmatch wasn’t good at all for me. I prefer YourDNAPortal to Gedmatch, the calculators at Gedmatch are outdated.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HBA39 For This Useful Post:

Aben Aboo (03-25-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Do you have explanation why K13 give me always a lot of French or Spanish ancestry? I don't have this ancestry. On vahaduo the same. I ask seriously because I want to know why people like this calculator

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H1

Brazil Azores Italy Ladinia
    Quote Originally Posted by HBA39 View Post
    Ancestry was good before their update. They had my ancestry spot on when I first took the test, but with each up date it gets worse and worse.
    I've heard about it, but my results were delivered after the last update and are very similar to 23andme, just slightly less accurate.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Venetian + CS Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-Z58
    mtDNA (M)
    H7

Republic of Venice Friuli Vatican
    Done that too of course. If we are talking about the oracles (especially the updated ones like on Yourdnaportal or Admixture Studio) they give me as first populations Mainland Greece (especially Thessaly) and Albania. Central Italy generally follows. I've got to say that Admixture Studio shows a genotype ratio of 25-30% using the 23andme raw data.

With G25 the results are similar, I basically plot mid-way between Central Italy and Mainland Greece. Also without overfitting the fit seem to be best in the range of 2-3%. This, in addition to the genotype ratio shown by Admixture Studio, makes me think that the raw data is not of the highest quality.

I don't expect major changes and I should get relatives tested to know better, but I am curious to see if with better quality raw data the results would adjust too and to what degree, or would they confirm the current results (I was playing around with ghosts on Genoplot and uploading the coordinates on the G25 Europe PCA of Vahaduo and paper trail would make me think that I'd plot slightly northwest than current plotting.

Just to play around, this is what I mean in terms of possible effect on the ph2ter PCAs, moving somewhere around those lines in the direction of the "paper trail ghost" area.

PCA_Zoom_now_ghost.png
    PCA_Zoom_now_ghost_unscaled.png
    Deep Ancestry: 63.2% AUT_LBK_N + 36.8% RUS_Vonyuchka_En @ 2.6339%
    Ancient: 89.0% ITA_Rome_Late_Antiquity + 11.0% HUN_Avar_Szolad @ 2.4649%

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast