Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1b1a1b1
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Poland Austrian Empire
    My MH Polish results and groups details
    mh9.PNG

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pzkw For This Useful Post:

CyrylBojarski (04-24-2021),  Riverman (04-22-2021),  Sheridan (04-24-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by pzkw View Post
    My MH Polish results and groups details
    mh9.PNG
    Do you know from what ancestor do you have Netherlands, Germany and England? I have the same group

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Mariusz95 View Post
    Do you know from what ancestor do you have Netherlands, Germany and England? I have the same group
    Look at the description he posted too, its the genetic group for NCE with Ashkenazi admixture.
    Interestingly he has no AJ percentage and no North Western European, but gets Ashkenazi admixture and Germany as genetic groups. So one of these two aspects of his results must be wrong, but which one is hard to determine.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    Look at the description he posted too, its the genetic group for NCE with Ashkenazi admixture.
    Interestingly he has no AJ percentage and no North Western European, but gets Ashkenazi admixture and Germany as genetic groups. So one of these two aspects of his results must be wrong, but which one is hard to determine.
    I'm very curious how MH want to put Northwestern Ashkenazi category on the map after update. Now they have only eastern Ashkenazi ethnicity and if I'm not wrong they will not add no additional ethnicities.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Mariusz95 View Post
    I'm very curious how MH want to put Northwestern Ashkenazi category on the map after update. Now they have only eastern Ashkenazi ethnicity and if I'm not wrong they will not add no additional ethnicities.
    There is no Northwestern Ashkenazi category which can be distinguished in mixed individuals, but people with significant Northern ancestry which have some kind of Ashkenazi ancestry. That's one of the mixed clusters, there are more for different ethnicities.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Nationality
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1b1a1b1
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Poland Austrian Empire
    I might have some clues from where the German and maybe Ashkenazi came from: my grandma was born in Markowa - a village in podkarpackie where until 18 century German was spoken and many people have polonized German surnames (including my grandma). Check the wikipedia entry "Głuchoniemcy" (Walddeutschen).

My question is about the "Top places" feature: actually most my genetic groups have Germany as the first listed place from 1600 up to 1800-1850, then comes Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, etc. Does this mean that my ancestors came to present day Poland that late from the Western Europe?

Registered Users
    Sex

I might have some clues from where the German and maybe Ashkenazi came from: my grandma was born in Markowa - a village in podkarpackie where until 18 century German was spoken and many people have polonized German surnames (including my grandma). Check the wikipedia entry "Głuchoniemcy" (Walddeutschen).

My question is about the "Top places" feature: actually most my genetic groups have Germany as the first listed place from 1600 up to 1800-1850, then comes Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, etc. Does this mean that my ancestors came to present day Poland that late from the Western Europe?
    You have to know that every Pole get almost the same genetic groups and not to take them to seriously. Imo you don't have to suggest yourself where in Poland your ancestors lived ( to connections with Germany or Ukraine) because we had a lot of wars and I would say that each region in Poland can be connected with Germans or Ukrainians

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Nationality
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1b1a1b1
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Poland Austrian Empire
    Right, but wars were pretty common all over Europe until 1945, so I don't think there is anything special with us. Genetics testing and traditional genealogy are complementary, that's why I try to make assumptions from where specific admixtures may have come. It's rather easy to spot clearly German surname in family tree, so the results may basically confirm ambiguous facts from someone's genealogy.

Registered Users
    Sex

Right, but wars were pretty common all over Europe until 1945, so I don't think there is anything special with us. Genetics testing and traditional genealogy are complementary, that's why I try to make assumptions from where specific admixtures may have come. It's rather easy to spot clearly German surname in family tree, so the results may basically confirm ambiguous facts from someone's genealogy.
    I noticed one problem with genetic groups. My grandma 25 % northgerman got 0 genetic groups from Germany. All slavic. My mom too. But her sister 2 german groups. Me 1 plus Germany Netherlands England. The last group is a little bit weird because me and my mom are related with Swedes who got this group too. But in my family only me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast