Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Upgrade Bug Reporting Thread (4/28/21)

Lightbulb Post-Upgrade Bug Reporting Thread (4/28/21)

Dear Regulars,

In keeping with this thread, please inform us of any issues with site functionality following our upgrade.

We're currently only aware of an issue with adding new flags (broken images), which we'll attempt to fix soon.
    Forum Reminders - Please remember to:
    Report any problematic content Adhere to Anthrogenica Hidden Content Discuss respectfully Be mindful of sharing user data (both yours and others) English language only in main forum area PM 'Moderator' for basic maintenance tasks or information about member suspensions or bans

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Administrator For This Useful Post:

CelticGerman (04-28-2021),  GTC (04-28-2021),  Jatt1 (04-28-2021),  JMcB (04-28-2021),  ph2ter (04-28-2021),  Ruderico (04-28-2021),  theplayer (04-28-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kaikavian Croatian
    Nationality
    Croatian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1a2b-A815
    mtDNA (M)
    HV0-T195C!

Croatia European Union
    Will it be possible to post img codes in square brackets because it says that html codes are not allowed.

All simple calculations, maps and plots I make for free, but for more complicated maps and calculations I ask for a donation via Hidden Content PayPalHidden Content account

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ph2ter For This Useful Post:

Administrator (04-28-2021),  DMXX (04-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ter View Post
    Will it be possible to post img codes in square brackets because it says that html codes are not allowed.
    Thank you, ph2ter.

We have disabled the implementation of HTML codes for all accounts (including administrators) for security purposes.

We can easily render any previously-used HTML code by our regulars into BB code.

Regarding your specific query ([img]), this is actually the BB code version (HTML has < and > instead of [ and ]).

Are you having issues using [img][/img]? This is functional (see below).

Please let us know if you're having any problems replicating this (feel free to test in this thread).

Forum Reminders - Please remember to:
    Report any problematic content Adhere to Anthrogenica Hidden Content Discuss respectfully Be mindful of sharing user data (both yours and others) English language only in main forum area PM 'Moderator' for basic maintenance tasks or information about member suspensions or bans

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Administrator For This Useful Post:

DMXX (04-28-2021),  ph2ter (04-28-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA (M)
    D4j5*

Have just checked the permissions for all non-admin usergroups myself.

All BB code that isn't HTML or PHP (e.g. images, size, font, links, lists, quotes, images) are enabled for all usergroups.

As such, none of the functionality seen by our regulars have been restricted, per se (though a slightly-different syntax may be required).

If you were using <> before, please use [] instead (unless you're having a different, but related, issue?).

P.S. We haven't forgotten another bit of feedback you'd given relating to image uploads, ph2ter - We'll aim to address that after the major security changes have smoothed out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DMXX For This Useful Post:

ph2ter (04-28-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kaikavian Croatian
    Nationality
    Croatian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1a2b-A815
    mtDNA (M)
    HV0-T195C!

Croatia European Union
    It doesn't allow me. Allways getting error.

I use square brackets

All simple calculations, maps and plots I make for free, but for more complicated maps and calculations I ask for a donation via Hidden Content PayPalHidden Content account

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ph2ter For This Useful Post:

DMXX (04-28-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kaikavian Croatian
    Nationality
    Croatian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1a2b-A815
    mtDNA (M)
    HV0-T195C!

Croatia European Union

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ph2ter For This Useful Post:

DMXX (04-28-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA (M)
    D4j5*

It doesn't allow me. Allways getting error.

I use square brackets
    Try now, please.

[edit]: Per the above - Success.
    [edit 2]: Will delete your test posts now that I've fixed the issue for you (leaving the final one up temporarily for your confirmation).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DMXX For This Useful Post:

ph2ter (04-28-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kaikavian Croatian
    Nationality
    Croatian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1a2b-A815
    mtDNA (M)
    HV0-T195C!

Croatia European Union
    Quote Originally Posted by DMXX View Post
    Try now, please.

[edit]: Per the above - Success.
    [edit 2]: Will delete your test posts now that I've fixed the issue for you (leaving the final one up temporarily for your confirmation).
    When I copy BBC code from imgur it doesn't allow me, but when I copy this link from the notepad then it allows me (copied from imgur it has black background and evidentially some additional code).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ph2ter For This Useful Post:

DMXX (04-28-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA (M)
    D4j5*

When I copy BBC code from imgur it doesn't allow me, but when I copy this link from the notepad then it allows me (copied from imgur it has black background and evidentially some additional code).
    Have visited the YFull image you linked, and I can't see BB code generation in Imgur - The "embed" prompt yields HTML code, not BB code.

Is this a feature in the app? If so, could you please screenshot the BB code that Imgur generates?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kaikavian Croatian
    Nationality
    Croatian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1a2b-A815
    mtDNA (M)
    HV0-T195C!

Croatia European Union
    I must click 'Remove Format' to properly post a pic from imgur with their bbc code. It looks like this when I put their link in 'post quick reply' window:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast