Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Official Mizrachi Thread

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,921
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15241
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-BY7517
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

    Israel Jerusalem

    Official Mizrachi Thread

    First I'd like to thank Davidski for converting the samples to G25. This couldn't happen without his help. Here is a PCA of every Mizrachi group (some may not be in the official sheet yet and credit goes to Agamemnon for making the PCA):

    mizrachi - Copy.JPG

    You'll notice 2 Kurdish Jewish groups. All known so far is that the set of Kurdish Jews seems to split into 2 clusters. Best guess is that the 2 clusters represent Iranian and Iraqi Kurdish Jews (first pointed out by Erikl86). The reason there are separate labels for Azeri and Mountain Jews is simply because they haven't been edited yet. It's really Azeri Jews and North Caucasian Jews. Both groups are Mountain Jews.

    In addition, here is a breakdown of Mumbai Jews (likely Bene Israel) and Cochin Jews:

    Credit for the Cochin Jew model goes to LeosLake:

    Target: Cochin_Jew
    Distance: 1.2381% / 0.01238078
    48.8 Piramalai
    26.0 Bengali_Bangladesh
    25.2 Iranian_Jew

    Target: Mumbai_Jew
    Distance: 1.3068% / 0.01306803 | R2P
    58.0 Uttar_Pradesh
    42.0 Iranian_Jew
    Last edited by StillWater; 05-09-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

    Jeremiah 31

    Other potential and/or likely recent lineages: R-A11720, J-FGC21085, E-FGC56023

  2. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to StillWater For This Useful Post:

     23abc (05-09-2021),  Agamemnon (05-09-2021),  altvred (05-29-2021),  chelle (05-29-2021),  ChrisR (05-29-2021),  coffeeprince (05-09-2021),  drobbah (05-29-2021),  Erikl86 (05-09-2021),  grumpydaddybear (05-09-2021),  hartaisarlag (05-09-2021),  Helves (05-09-2021),  jkotl0327 (05-09-2021),  JMcB (06-08-2021),  Johnny ola (05-09-2021),  kingeo (05-09-2021),  leorcooper19 (05-09-2021),  mershechu (05-09-2021),  MEurope55 (05-09-2021),  Michalis Moriopoulos (05-29-2021),  Northern Adriatic (05-09-2021),  passenger (05-09-2021),  Riverman (05-29-2021),  rober_tce (05-09-2021),  Sam1989 (05-10-2021),  Seabass (05-09-2021),  SUPREEEEEME (05-09-2021),  talombo (05-09-2021),  Táltos (05-29-2021),  Targum (05-10-2021),  Tomenable (05-09-2021),  XXD (05-09-2021)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,055
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

    I am coming close to all these Jews and I plot in the middle of this PCA(made by Agamemnon).But i have a serious question here. What's the story behind Mizrahi Jews? They are the people who settled in Mesopotamia at some time especially during the middle ages/Roman-Byzantine times or they are people who ended up there during the Babylonian captivity and the exile of Israelites? Their autosomal seems mostly native Mesopotamian with also something close to Samaritans.
    Last edited by Johnny ola; 05-09-2021 at 08:29 AM.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (05-09-2021),  grumpydaddybear (05-09-2021),  JMcB (06-08-2021)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,921
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15241
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-BY7517
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

    Israel Jerusalem
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    I am coming close to all these Jews and I plot in the middle of this PCA(made by Agamemnon).But i have a serious question here. What's the story behind Mizrahi Jews? They are the people who settled in Mesopotamia at some time especially during the middle ages/Roman-Byzantine times or they are people who ended up there during the Babylonian captivity and the exile of Israelites? Their autosomal seems mostly native Mesopotamian with also something close to Samaritans.
    Almost entirely - that one.

    Yes, they seem to be mostly a mix of Israelites and Mesopotamians, but appear to have other admixtures local to their settlement as well.
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

    Jeremiah 31

    Other potential and/or likely recent lineages: R-A11720, J-FGC21085, E-FGC56023

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to StillWater For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (05-09-2021),  Erikl86 (05-09-2021),  grumpydaddybear (05-09-2021),  hartaisarlag (05-09-2021),  JMcB (06-08-2021),  Johnny ola (05-09-2021),  Riverman (05-29-2021),  SUPREEEEEME (05-09-2021)

  7. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,055
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

    Quote Originally Posted by StillWater View Post
    Almost entirely - that one.

    Yes, they seem to be mostly a mix of Israelites and Mesopotamians, but appear to have other admixtures local to their settlement as well.
    I see. So they inhabit these lands from old times... Interesting!!!!

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (05-09-2021),  grumpydaddybear (05-09-2021)

  9. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,921
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15241
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-BY7517
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

    Israel Jerusalem
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    I see. So they inhabit these lands from old times... Interesting!!!!
    There is actually a Pontic Greek in a Mizrachi clade.
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

    Jeremiah 31

    Other potential and/or likely recent lineages: R-A11720, J-FGC21085, E-FGC56023

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StillWater For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (05-11-2021),  grumpydaddybear (05-09-2021),  Johnny ola (05-09-2021)

  11. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,055
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

    Quote Originally Posted by StillWater View Post
    There is actually a Pontic Greek in a Mizrachi clade.
    I remember you telling me this.Can you remind me again the Haplo/Clade?It was R1a if i am not mistaken?

  12. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    594
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Y-DNA (P)
    G1a
    mtDNA (M)
    I5b1

    Sweden
    Last year I asked Peterski/Tomenable to upload a set of Kurdish Jewish Academic samples to Gedmatch. Out of the 10 or so kits only three seemed to be actual Kurdish Jews(few matches in the one-to-many option, clustering very close to Iraqi Jews). The remaining samples scored like Bukharan Jews and they also matched them often with 100-200 cM. Maybe these are the same samples?

    Has David btw added these samples to his dataset? I can't seem to find them.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Helves For This Useful Post:

     leorcooper19 (05-09-2021)

  14. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,921
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15241
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-BY7517
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

    Israel Jerusalem
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    I remember you telling me this.Can you remind me again the Haplo/Clade?It was R1a if i am not mistaken?
    R2a. Somewhere in here: https://yfull.com/tree/R-FGC13184/
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

    Jeremiah 31

    Other potential and/or likely recent lineages: R-A11720, J-FGC21085, E-FGC56023

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StillWater For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (05-11-2021),  grumpydaddybear (05-09-2021),  hartaisarlag (05-09-2021),  Johnny ola (05-09-2021),  leorcooper19 (05-09-2021)

  16. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    938
    Sex
    Location
    סוף מערב
    Ethnicity
    Western Jewish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY173377
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-FGC18222
    mtDNA (P)
    H7e

    Quote Originally Posted by StillWater View Post
    First I'd like to thank Davidski for converting the samples to G25. This couldn't happen without his help. Here is a PCA of every Mizrachi group (some may not be in the official sheet yet and credit goes to Agamemnon for making the PCA):

    mizrachi - Copy.JPG

    You'll notice 2 Kurdish Jewish groups. All known so far is that the set of Kurdish Jews seems to split into 2 clusters. Best guess is that the 2 clusters represent Iranian and Iraqi Kurdish Jews (first pointed out by Erikl86). The reason there are separate labels for Azeri and Mountain Jews is simply because they haven't been edited yet. It's really Azeri Jews and North Caucasian Jews. Both groups are Mountain Jews.

    In addition, here is a breakdown of Mumbai Jews (likely Bene Israel) and Cochin Jews:

    Credit for the Cochin Jew model goes to LeosLake:

    Target: Cochin_Jew
    Distance: 1.2381% / 0.01238078
    48.8 Piramalai
    26.0 Bengali_Bangladesh
    25.2 Iranian_Jew

    Target: Mumbai_Jew
    Distance: 1.3068% / 0.01306803 | R2P
    58.0 Uttar_Pradesh
    42.0 Iranian_Jew
    Much needed thread - looking forward to the discussion here.
    The clock indicates the moment—but what does eternity indicate?

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hartaisarlag For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (05-11-2021),  Erikl86 (05-10-2021),  grumpydaddybear (05-09-2021),  jkotl0327 (05-10-2021),  JMcB (06-08-2021),  leorcooper19 (05-09-2021)

  18. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,055
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

    Quote Originally Posted by StillWater View Post
    R2a. Somewhere in here: https://yfull.com/tree/R-FGC13184/
    Might be of Iranic roots? R2 seems very weird lineage. Have you seen Jews with R2 or Its the only One?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. It's official: Millennials run from 1981-1996
    By Little bit in forum General Sociology/Ethnology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-07-2021, 05:10 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2020, 06:40 PM
  3. GSMD's first official geneticist
    By Wing Genealogist in forum Mayflower DNA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2017, 05:26 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2016, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •