Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: According to the Harappaworld Calculator Iran Baloch and Pak Baloch aren't related?

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Jatt Sikh
    Nationality
    American & Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-M357 > Y91197
    mtDNA (M)
    HV2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    L-M27
    mtDNA (P)
    R0

United States of America California Republic Canada India Punjab Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    The core Baloch population from Eastern Iran are basically identical to the Pak Baloch with similar uniparental markers, if that sample has a distance that large, that "Baloch_Iran" is not a Baloch to begin with.
    Do we have any academic Iranian Baloch samples? The only Iranian Baloch I've seen were 2 anthrogenica members and I am not sure if they are of wholly tribal Iranian Baloch ancestry.
    pegasus modeling:
    sample": "Punjabi_Jat:Sapporo_AGUser",
    "fit": 1.1506,
    "IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3": 43.33,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 31.67,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 25,
    "closestDistances": [

avatar credit goes out to aaronbee2010

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Parsi and Irani
    Nationality
    Pakistani and Indian

Iran Sassanid Empire AchaemenidEmpire1 Pakistan India Iran Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    The core Baloch population from Eastern Iran are basically identical to the Pak Baloch with similar uniparental markers, if that sample has a distance that large, that "Baloch_Iran" is not a Baloch to begin with.
    Yes I thought so. Like I said in my earlier comment, the Baloch samples may have been mislabeled or they may be the coordinates of very admixed individuals.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Parsi and Irani
    Nationality
    Pakistani and Indian

Iran Sassanid Empire AchaemenidEmpire1 Pakistan India Iran Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapporo View Post
    Do we have any academic Iranian Baloch samples? The only Iranian Baloch I've seen were 2 anthrogenica members and I am not sure if they are of wholly tribal Iranian Baloch ancestry.
    This might be helpful

https://journals.plos.org/plosgeneti...n.1008385.g001

https://journals.plos.org/plosgeneti...l.pgen.1008385

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azbuzz For This Useful Post:

Jatt1 (05-18-2021),  laltota (05-18-2021)

Gold Class Member

Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Yes these types below , these ones had the highest Zagrosian related ancestry rest are on Genoplot.

Iran L1a 9AQ100
    Iran L1a 9AQ102

Sample Fit Tepe Abdul Hosein N Barcin N Simulated AASI by DMXX RUS AfontovaGora3 WHG Levant PPNB Boncuklu N
    9AQ100 (Iranian) 3.23 66.5 14.5 7 7 5 0 0
    9AQ102 (Iranian) 3.63 64.5 18 7.5 5.5 4.5 0 0

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

heksindhi (05-18-2021),  laltota (05-18-2021),  Sapporo (05-18-2021)

Calculating Euclidean distances based on HarappaWorld (or any other Admixture calculator) can be misleading. This is partly because the dimensions used for the coordinates in the distance calculation are fixed to specific populations. As you've already noted, this can be problematic when the source population used to derive these components are part of the model.

Coordinates derived from a PCA - such as Global 25 - are much more reliable for calculating distances. The "Iranian Baloch" in the HarappaWorld oracles is based on a lone sample which could be from anywhere in South-Eastern Iran.

We can assess this sample's ancestry (or at least a reasonable approximation ) by simulating their G25 coordinates. We have some samples in the un-curated academic Iranian dataset that are presumably Baloch based on their similarity scores. Using the "Show Similarity" feature, we get at least 10 samples that are identified as Baloch. There is also overlap between the Baloch and Iranian Bandari samples but we'll just use the categories as identified by closest distances to the HGDP Baloch average.

Iranians grouped by similarity scores ( 10 Baloch, 21 Iranian Bandari )

If we insert the simulated "Iranian Baloch" as an additional source, the new group has 4 samples with 3 drawn from Iranian Bandari and one from the Baloch group ( 9 Baloch, 18 Iranian Bandari, 4 Iranian-Baloch-sim)

The distances from the Baloch samples to the "Iranian Baloch" are very reasonable (<5) and indicate that this individual fits within the Iranian-Bandari - HGDP Baloch cline.

As an example, the distances for one of the samples identified as Baloch - 9AQ101

Sample Distance
    Balochi: Average 2.4666
    Genoplot IranBaloch-sim 3.4481
    Iranian Bandari: Average 4.3424
    Afghan Pashtun: Average 5.1448
    Iranian Fars: Average 8.6667
    Iranian Lor: Average 9.9569
    Azeri: Average 10.681
    Kurdish: Average 11.0841
    Turkmen: Average 14.2773

Finally, here's a PCA plot with the simulated IranBaloch sample and as expected, he/she falls between the Makrani and Bandari groups

Iranian samples grouped by similarity
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GenoPlot; 05-18-2021 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added data sheet with grouping
    Explore your Genealogy

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GenoPlot For This Useful Post:

laltota (05-18-2021),  pegasus (05-19-2021),  Sapporo (05-18-2021),  Shujauddin (05-21-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12