Ethnicity
    Gedrosian / Makrani
    Nationality
    Omani
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-SK1127

Oman
    Quote Originally Posted by laltota View Post
    What he said, it can happen. I don't think he said it was instantly. It might have been gradually over a period of some time. I can find the publication again or it is probably downloaded to my PC but I don't have time to search for it right now. I think a comprehensive genetic test on Brahui and Baloch might perhaps confirm if what he said is true or not.
    The context you have put suggests to the reader that “Brahui originated” by shifting the Identity to join the “Brahui rulers”

I can’t follow what do you mean by" I think a comprehensive genetic test on Brahui and Baloch might perhaps confirm if what he said is true or not.”!? could you be more specific.

I have mentioned earlier in my feedback that “there are no big difference between the three major Baluchistan ethnics”.

Anyway, I would like to see and know more about this publication, in case you find it in any spare time!
    Gedrosian (Indus Valley Civilization) ||&|| Levantine (Natufian Civilization) Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MiranZai For This Useful Post:

Shujauddin (07-09-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi (Jatt)
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2b (R-Y136220)
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a1

Quote Originally Posted by MiranZai View Post
    The context you have put suggests to the reader that “Brahui originated” by shifting the Identity to join the “Brahui rulers”

I can’t follow what do you mean by" I think a comprehensive genetic test on Brahui and Baloch might perhaps confirm if what he said is true or not.”!? could you be more specific.

I have mentioned earlier in my feedback that “there are no big difference between the three major Baluchistan ethnics”.

Anyway, I would like to see and know more about this publication, in case you find it in any spare time!
    This is what I wrote in my first post :
    In one of the British writer publications, it said many of the Brahui originally were Baloch tribes who changed identity when they joined the Brahui rulers of Kalat.
    Writer did not say all Brahui originated from Baloch tribes. I do not remember his exact words. The word "many" was my own because I think he used words to that effect (but we will see exactly what he wrote when I get it in front me another time). I dont't know if writer was definitely correct with what he wrote. He might have been correct or not correct. How would I know that?

By "comprehensive test", I mean a test with a suitable number of large samples from Brahui and Baloch, not a few individual samples.

When I say "I think.." - I mean "Probably.." or "Perhaps.." For example, if prior to such a switch of identity (if writer was correct) Baloch and Brahui were more or less genetically the same, then I don't think a genetic test would tell us if writer was correct? Or let us say the total Brahui population was very small at that point and genetically different to Baloch, but the merging Baloch were much more than the Brahui population, then again a genetic test might not determine if writer was correct.

I am sure I can find the publication again especially if it is downloaded to my PC already. I will let you know later or you can try searching in Google if you want it sooner.

That's OK, I didn't say there were big differences, did I? I just replied to deuterium_1 for a bit of info after seeing his post. i.e. we don't need to argue about it all night or something.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to laltota For This Useful Post:

MiranZai (06-13-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gedrosian / Makrani
    Nationality
    Omani
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-SK1127

Oman
    Quote Originally Posted by laltota View Post
    This is what I wrote in my first post :

Writer did not say all Brahui originated from Baloch tribes. I do not remember his exact words. The word "many" was my own because I think he used words to that effect (but we will see exactly what he wrote when I get it in front me another time). I dont't know if writer was definitely correct with what he wrote. He might have been correct or not correct. How would I know that?

By "comprehensive test", I mean a test with a suitable number of large samples from Brahui and Baloch, not a few individual samples.

When I say "I think.." - I mean "Probably.." or "Perhaps.." For example, if prior to such a switch of identity (if writer was correct) Baloch and Brahui were more or less genetically the same, then I don't think a genetic test would tell us if writer was correct? Or let us say the total Brahui population was very small at that point and genetically different to Baloch, but the merging Baloch were much more than the Brahui population, then again a genetic test might not determine if writer was correct.

I am sure I can find the publication again especially if it is downloaded to my PC already. I will let you know later or you can try searching in Google if you want it sooner.

That's OK, I didn't say there were big differences, did I? I just replied to deuterium_1 for a bit of info after seeing his post. i.e. we don't need to argue about it all night or something.
    Thanks for clarifying some of the points

Sometime we have to be very careful about the Interpretations especially when generalizing our statements, to avoid any misunderstanding.

No worry, I don’t want to start any controversy process, and I always welcome any different options or constructive criticism because sometime it reveals another perspective view angles which I may missed them.

Gedrosian (Indus Valley Civilization) ||&|| Levantine (Natufian Civilization) Hidden Content

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiranZai For This Useful Post:

laltota (06-13-2021),  Shujauddin (07-09-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1A1

United Kingdom Pakistan Ottoman Empire
    What's the best calculator to use on gedmatch, I keep reading that harappa is outdated. Whats the best one for us south asians?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by scorpi786 View Post
    What's the best calculator to use on gedmatch, I keep reading that harappa is outdated. Whats the best one for us south asians?
    Pretty much all GEDmatch calculators are outdated. They haven't been updated since 2013. It's still a very useful tool though.

HarrapaWorld is the best calculator for South Asians.
    "

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Azbuzz For This Useful Post:

aaronbee2010 (06-14-2021),  FrostAssassin0701 (06-14-2021),  Samand (06-28-2021),  Sapporo (06-14-2021),  scorpi786 (06-14-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gedrosian / Makrani
    Nationality
    Omani
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-SK1127

Oman
    Some of my son results from several GEDmatch calculators:

MDLP World-22 :

Dodecad K7b :

Ancient Eurasia K6 :

Dodecad V3 :

puntDNAL K15 :

World 9 :

Regarding to the FTDNA “V3” origins result’s they were as follow

Me:

My Son:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MiranZai For This Useful Post:

deuterium_1 (06-23-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bihari, UPite and Bengali
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    O2a1c-JST002611
    mtDNA (M)
    M6a1a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a1a-Z93, R-M560

India Pakistan United Kingdom

MDLP World-22 :

Dodecad K7b :

Ancient Eurasia K6 :

Dodecad V3 :

puntDNAL K15 :

World 9 :

Me:

My Son:

You should get in touch with Razib Khan.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to deuterium_1 For This Useful Post:

MiranZai (06-23-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y2568*
    mtDNA (M)
    R30b
    mtDNA (P)
    U9b1*

United States of America Pakistan

MDLP World-22 :

Dodecad K7b :

Ancient Eurasia K6 :

Dodecad V3 :

puntDNAL K15 :

World 9 :

Me:

My Son:

How can they assign such a west eurasian shifted individual 98% 'Indus Valley' and no 'Afghanistan & Northern Pakistan'? And when did Indus Valley extend into Tajikistan?

[ { "distance": "1.69",
    "sample": "Kapisa-Dad (Kapisa)",
    "Khatri-Kohistani-Sindhi-Kamboj": 99.2,
    "Kurdish-Persian": 0.4,
    "Ju hoan": 0.4,},

{ "distance": "1.61",
    "sample": "Kapisa (Kapisa)",
    "Khatri-Kohistani-Sindhi-Kamboj": 94.8,
    "Kurdish-Persian": 0.6,
    "Ju hoan": 0.6,
    "Gupta": 4 },

{ "distance": "2.38",
    "sample":"Kapisa-Mom (Kapisa)",
    "Khatri-Kohistani-Sindhi-Kamboj": 89.4,
    "Kurdish-Persian": 3.4,
    "Gupta": 7.2 } ]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kapisa For This Useful Post:

MiranZai (06-23-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gedrosian / Makrani
    Nationality
    Omani
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-SK1127

Oman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapisa View Post
    How can they assign such a west eurasian shifted individual 98% 'Indus Valley' and no 'Afghanistan & Northern Pakistan'? And when did Indus Valley extend into Tajikistan?
    This is the description for the Indus valley population by FTDNA:

Around 9,000 years ago, farming techniques for wheat and barley arrived in South Asia from the Middle East via the Indus Valley. These new techniques contributed to the formation of the Indus Valley Civilization, which is believed to have been formed by ancient Dravidian groups. These Dravidian groups moved southward and intermarried with groups who resided in the southern portion of the Indian subcontinent. Later, Pastoralists who migrated southward from the Eurasian steppe through a Central Asian corridor arrived in the region. These Pastoralists introduced Indo-European languages, and their descendants formed the Vedic culture, which influenced many groups of the Indus Valley.

The Indus Valley and the surrounding area was shaped by various foreign forces. In 327 BCE, Alexander the Great led campaigns into parts of the region. Later, when the Maurya Empire grew to prominence, it engulfed the Indus valley. Many empires created political unity between the peoples of the Indus Valley, Central Asia, and the Middle East. Some of these empires were Iranic in origin. For example, the Balochi and Tajik peoples have roots in the extensive movements and meetings of Iranic-speaking peoples. The arrival of Islam in the 8th century redefined religion and the people in the Indus Valley and surrounding region.

By the 1500s, the region now known as the nation of Pakistan and the rest of the Indian subcontinent were part of the Mughal Empire. The slow arrival of European colonists to the Indian subcontinent ultimately resulted in British occupation throughout the region. Under British rule, differences in religious philosophies, social customs, literary traditions, and languages were the source of tensions that led to violent conflicts between Hindus and Muslims. In the 1930s, an intellectual movement led by Muslims slowly rose to mass popularity amid fears of under representation and neglect in politics. Urdu-speaking Muslims led the effort to establish an independent Pakistan after World War II in 1947.

Apparently FTDNA categorised the Indus valley toward the cultural historical aspects which include wide variety ethnics population. Many people may will disagree about their definition but that is how been defined currently by FTDNA.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MiranZai For This Useful Post:

tipirneni (06-23-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y6
    mtDNA (M)
    W

Quote Originally Posted by Kapisa View Post
    If I recall correctly, Indus_P had a very West-Eurasian shifted sample so it's part of the diversity. He doesn't seem to have much steppe, as expected for his ethnicity, so Afghanistan/N Pakistan wouldn't be the best fit for him. Also, Shortugai was a Harappan/IVC site that bordered Tajikistan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast