Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475

Thread: How much Middle Eastern ancestry do Ashkenazim have?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW Europe+Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z11
    mtDNA (M)
    N1b1b1

Guys, I have no time or patience right now to address the semantic circles you're all running in. In fact, I believe I've already addressed this to some extent, but obviously that hasn't made an impact on the discussion.

But I will say that you should tone it down and cut out the accusations and ad hominems, or this thread will be permanently closed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to passenger For This Useful Post:

Gentica277282 (10-24-2022)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    50Ashkenazi50NWEU
    mtDNA (M)
    K2A2a
    Y-DNA (M)
    JM92

Israel United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentica277282 View Post
    Leave him you can’t have a reasonable conversation he probably thinks the component chg is Middle Eastern as well. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s pointless because he just accuses everyone of attacking his history
    I do not accuse. You do and are. You are conflating 19th century geopolitical terms to identify the cultural history of the middle east and using it to genetically identify components you view favorable fit your world view of ashkenazim. No one ever does this. No one, except for you and a few others I won't mention.

Leave him, you said. and you should leave, because you are offensive and biased.

Appreciate it.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    50Ashkenazi50NWEU
    mtDNA (M)
    K2A2a
    Y-DNA (M)
    JM92

Israel United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    Guys, I have no time or patience right now to address the semantic circles you're all running in. In fact, I believe I've already addressed this to some extent, but obviously that hasn't made an impact on the discussion.

But I will say that you should tone it down and cut out the accusations and ad hominems, or this thread will be permanently closed.
    Better to permanently close a thread that allows others to geoculturally attack other's histories by intropersonal bias, than to allow it to continue and escalate.There are plenty of other platforms they can take that, such as europedia.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    ethiosomali
    Nationality
    American

United States San Francisco Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post

It's really ubsurd he's been playing the strawman game for this long. This impeded honest discourse.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW Europe+Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z11
    mtDNA (M)
    N1b1b1

Well then, this thread is now closed. It's obviously not productive, and there are plenty of other threads with less problematic guiding questions where Ashkenazi ethnogenesis can be and has been discussed more productively. I hope a more open and less hostile spirit of discussion can prevail there.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to passenger For This Useful Post:

Freb (10-24-2022),  Gentica277282 (10-24-2022),  Levantine_Viking (10-24-2022),  Targum (10-26-2022)

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475