0% Southeast Asia
    0% Native Peoples of North America
    0% African Hunter Gatherer
    0% West Asian
    0% Balkan
    0% Native Peoples of Amazon and Caribbean
    0% Scandinavian
    0% Oceanian
    Last edited by Hurricane; 06-05-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    Regions of Ancestry
    West Africa - East Africa - North Africa - Middle East - Southern Europe - South Asia - SEA & Oceania

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hurricane For This Useful Post:

Aiden (06-05-2021),  Angoliga (06-08-2021),  Cascio (06-21-2021),  casteneda (06-06-2021),  Deftextra (06-05-2021),  Kylo_Ren (06-05-2021),  laulei (06-05-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    White
    Nationality
    Norwegian

This is the worst test I've ever payed for.

thefuckisthis.jpg

1% Scandinavian as a Norwegian with mostly Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and German ancestry. Finland wasn't even on the global map... B.S.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helgagrim For This Useful Post:

Aiden (06-06-2021),  Angoliga (06-08-2021),  casteneda (06-06-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Colonial American Euromix
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA (P)
    DAD is R-P311
    mtDNA (M)
    K1b1a

United States of America Scotland Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgagrim View Post

thefuckisthis.jpg

1% Scandinavian as a Norwegian with mostly Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and German ancestry. Finland wasn't even on the global map... B.S.
    This is confirming what I suspect from reading the information. Probably this is ancient migrations, depending on what it sees Scandinavian might be tied up in the NW European and Eastern (the orange map overlaps Finland). The fact that everyone gets some Dravidian, some Near East, some Italian and even some East Asian is more of the shared European history than what your recent heritage and genealogy is in reality.

I have some Scandinavian and had nothing on this test. I have some more recent Portuguese and a lot of older Spanish and celt type Iberian and depending on the company and methods I get trace or zero Iberian up to 22 or so percent. This test gave me around 20%. Same on Eastern European, I have a little in genealogy, but on tests it is trace or zero up to 10 or 15%, it might show Russian, or Georgian, Caucasian, etc.

I was interested in seeing their chromosome break down compared to 23andme, but this one puts the same ethnicities in order left to right (L) East Asian, Dravidian, Italian, Iberian, Eastern, NW Euro, African, Near East(R) regardless of where on the chromosome it actually resides, then 23andme places it where it occurs and will break pieces along the chromosome painter. I can tell it is same as far as Dad on top and mom bottom of the chromosome view due to some of the results since I had my dad tested on 23andme they were able to sort it that way and this appears to read it as person 1 and 2 in the correct order at least.

Too expensive (if it were $15 I wouldn't complain and might run other family), not accurate for recent ancestry, has pretty looking graphics with general information. All the tests on genomelink a bit too pricey and same sort of issues, too general, etc.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP405(xYP402)
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b1

Quote Originally Posted by AureliusDNA View Post
    Attachment 44882

So I'm literally more of everything but not West Asian? Ridiculous.
    Weird.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP405(xYP402)
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b1

Quote Originally Posted by Helgagrim View Post

thefuckisthis.jpg

Not very good indeed.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP405(xYP402)
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b1

Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    I think this is another report made based on an ADMIXTURE calc.
    According to genomelink.io it isn't based on ADMIXTURE. Instead, they clearly claim it is based on XGMix, a method developped by Arvind Kumar, Carlos Bustamante and Alexander Ioannidis from Stanford and Daniel Mas Montserrat from Purdue University. XGMix is based on Stacked XGBoost. They describe it in this paper here: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...04.21.053876v1
    In this paper they show that this method is the new state-of-the-art for local-ancestry inference.

This is what actually has convinced me to buy a report.

However, what is strange: In the report, they don't map the different ancestries on the chromosome, as Marciadietrich has already remarked. But if they really obtained these results using XGMix they could have easily done it, because this is what XGMix does. Why the heck didn't they? XGMix is easy to use on laptops, so I can't see why they should have lied.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP405(xYP402)
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b1

This is what I received:

Attachment 45108

Attachment 45107

While my genealogically known ancestry is 34.375% Southwest German, 25% East Prussian German, 25% North Italian, 9.375% German Swiss and 6.25% Alsatian.

I can easily dismiss the 1-2% stuff as noise. The rest seemed to make sense to me.

For comparison, this is what I obtain inserting my Global25 coords as target on Vahaduo, using the entire list of ancient pop averages as a source, and limiting the output to 5 populations:

34.0% FRA_Hauts_de_France_IA2
    31.8% VK2020_SWE_Oland_IA
    13.2% UKR_Srubnaya_MLBA
    11.0% Levant_Yehud_IBA
    10.0% ITA_Bell_Beaker_o

Seems quite similar, if we consider that the Gaulish Celts are genetically somewhere between Northwestern and Southwestern Europe.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon_W For This Useful Post:

Cascio (06-21-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP405(xYP402)
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b1

Well, what do you folks think? Are they bloody liars, using ADMIXTURE while claiming to be using the new and exciting XGMix? Or did they honestly want to use XGMix, but then realised that it doesn't perform well on an intra-continental scale, so they silently resorted to good old ADMIXTURE? (According to the paper by Arvind Kumar et al. their algorithm performed pretty bad on an intra-Asian level, if pre-set ancestries are used, instead of geographical coordinates; they achieved an accuracy of only 15%.) Or are they really using XGMix, but foolishly discard the valuable ancestry mapping information provided by this program, invariantly plotting the different ancestries always in the same order on the chromosomes?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    south asian
    Nationality
    indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-M198
    mtDNA (M)
    U1

India
    Here is my result...honestly i prefer the gedmatch calculators and nmonte runs!....i am not sure about this" dravidian " ethnicity, researchers have long since discarded such obsolete terms!....wonder what reference populations were used?

screencapture-genomelink-io-reports-global-ancestry-result-2021-07-27-08_57_50.png

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mestee/Appalachian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z57
    mtDNA (M)
    T2a1a

United States of America
    Screenshot_20210525-083505_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210525-083513_Chrome.jpg

There's mine. Looks like an overlapping noise fest.
    Ancestry on paper: British, Irish, French, Swiss, German, Spanish/Portuguese, African, Native American

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast