Thread: Q-YP1237

Registered Users
    Sex

Q-YP1237

Hey, I was wondering whether anyone here belongs to this Haplogroup as well? Especially Iberians...?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Israelite_Wolfman For This Useful Post:

leorcooper19 (06-07-2021),  SUPREEEEEME (06-07-2021)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Jewish & British
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y140446
    mtDNA (M)
    H4a1a4b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    I-Z60
    mtDNA (P)
    V7a7a2

Quote Originally Posted by Israelite_Wolfman View Post
    Hey, I was wondering whether anyone here belongs to this Haplogroup as well? Especially Iberians...?
    I don't think I've seen anyone else in this one on AG. Where is your paternal line from if you don't mind me asking? I've looked into this lineage (AB-424) before; seems like a solidly Sephardi clade by Q-BZ3048, but with an upstream Assyrian Christian from Kerala. Given the divergence is only 1150 ybp, I'm tempted to think they have a Paradesi paternal line. However, what are the chances that their line has stayed in Asia this whole time and Q-BZ3048 was the clade that migrated (with Babylonian Jews?) to Sepharad?

My avatar is paleoart of a Neanderthal child by Tom Björklund, check him out: Hidden Content

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leorcooper19 For This Useful Post:

Israelite_Wolfman (06-07-2021),  SUPREEEEEME (06-07-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Thank you for your thorough reply! My Y-DNA derives from Moroccan Jews (in the last 5 Centuries; Our surname indicates an Asturian residence prior). Avotaynu had estimated it to have arose in the Maghreb around 700 to 900 years ago, so I had suspected it may have made the pier jump to Iberia either during the Banu Ifran conquest of Morocco in 1032 or at the Al-Muwahidun's days in the 12th Century.
    I had also considered the Iraqi connection knowing that Babylonian Jews did migrate to Iberia and Morocco in the 10th and 12th Centuries (the best example is Abraham Bar Hiyya).
    I am also aware of this haplogroup's presence in India, though I found a Syriac Christian who was tested for it.. Knowing Avotaynu's hypothesis, it's in the realm of possibility that the Indian guy/s are descendants of Algerian Jews who are recorded to have traded with India in the Cairo Genizah
    Edit: Richard Ayoun. "Tiaret (Tahert)." Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World. Executive Editor Norman A. Stillman. Brill Online, 2013
    by the 12th Century while pogroms took place in Algeria; so perhaps they moved there permanently.
    Last edited by Israelite_Wolfman; 06-07-2021 at 10:11 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Israelite_Wolfman For This Useful Post:

leorcooper19 (06-07-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Just wanted to update that according to the data Avotaynu had til February this haplogroup was recorded in 11 North African Jews (mostly Moroccan Jews, but also among Algerian Jews and Tunisian Jews), 1 Christian from India and 2 Moroccan muslims who were suspected of having a Jewish converted ancestor. I wonder whether it is part of Western Asian Jewish diasporas as well.
    Last edited by Israelite_Wolfman; 06-08-2021 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Typo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Israelite_Wolfman For This Useful Post:

leorcooper19 (06-09-2021)