Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Quite impossible results

  1. #11
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,697
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-BY27340
    mtDNA (M)
    H1q2

    Spain Basque Andalucia
    And Genoplot, it has a "credits" system. You have 100 free credits to use in its calculators, and those 100 credits are renovated every several months.

    It has the same calculators than Gedmatch but also many differents.

    Yourdnaportal is also free, and quite similar, with some original features in its oracles.

    You can use also many of the results of those Gedmatch calculators to try some "Admixture tools" (or similar tools) by making yourself "coordinates" to try them in Vahaduo for Gedmatch (cannot post a link here, sorry).

    And data from many calculators allow you to use other free tools to locate yourself in PCAs or create similarity maps.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to mokordo For This Useful Post:

     BalkanKiwi (06-09-2021)

  3. #12
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,697
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-BY27340
    mtDNA (M)
    H1q2

    Spain Basque Andalucia
    And also you can get quite accurate predictions to know your Ydna thanks to Morley´s Ydna calculator or Cladefinder..

    You can get many free information with your MH raw data, but just know I cannot remember more.

    I´ve just posted sites that offer to you "ethnicity" estimations, but they are also many that can offer you different information thorugh your raw data (medical etc...), but I don´t like them.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to mokordo For This Useful Post:

     guest5234 (06-10-2021)

  5. #13
    Registered Users
    Posts
    598
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English and Irish
    Nationality
    British

    England Ireland Connacht East Anglia England North of England United Kingdom Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by guest5234 View Post
    No English? is it possible that I have always thought as myself as English but have 0% what does 63% SCANDINAVIAN MEAN?


    Ethnicities

    EUROPE
    Scandinavian
    63.1%

    Irish, Scottish, and Welsh
    33.4

    Italian
    3.5%


    English
    0.0%
    Similar to my results but more extremely Scandinavian.

    For reference, I'm 1/3 Irish and 2/3 English. Although I cannot guarantee that I am exactly 2/3 English due to tree problems, logic would dictate that I am probably predominantly English as I know I'm at least related to all 4 grandparents.

    65.7%
    Irish, Scottish, and Welsh

    23.3%
    Scandinavian

    11%
    Greek and South Italian

    0.0%
    English

  6. #14
    Registered Users
    Posts
    598
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English and Irish
    Nationality
    British

    England Ireland Connacht East Anglia England North of England United Kingdom Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    I disagree. Of course that it is distinguishable.
    It's broadly distinguishable (with some error margin) but MyHeritage isn't good at distinguishing it.

    23andme, AncestryDNA and FTDNA all worked out I was British.
    Last edited by lana6765; 06-09-2021 at 10:00 PM.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lana6765 For This Useful Post:

     Rufus191 (06-16-2021),  Tomenable (06-09-2021)

  8. #15
    Registered Users
    Posts
    8
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by mokordo View Post
    And Genoplot, it has a "credits" system. You have 100 free credits to use in its calculators, and those 100 credits are renovated every several months.

    It has the same calculators than Gedmatch but also many differents.

    Yourdnaportal is also free, and quite similar, with some original features in its oracles.

    You can use also many of the results of those Gedmatch calculators to try some "Admixture tools" (or similar tools) by making yourself "coordinates" to try them in Vahaduo for Gedmatch (cannot post a link here, sorry).

    And data from many calculators allow you to use other free tools to locate yourself in PCAs or create similarity maps.
    shows celtic 70% east iberian 30%
    Last edited by guest5234; 06-10-2021 at 08:59 PM.

  9. #16
    Registered Users
    Posts
    327
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian, German, Slav
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

    Italy Germany Poland Brazil Rio Grande do Sul Brazil
    Sorry if I am being blunt, but if you really want to be sure, you need to save money and test with 23andme.

    23andme, and to a slightly lesser degree AncestryDNA as well, are the only 2 reliable companies out there at the moment.

    MyHeritage is known for giving inaccurate ethnicity estimates most of the time.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MatAust21 For This Useful Post:

     Cascio (07-04-2021),  digital_noise (06-10-2021)

  11. #17
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,949
    Sex
    Location
    Bay Area
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY14160
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c
    mtDNA (P)
    I1a1

    Germany Italy Sweden Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by casteneda View Post
    Myheritage is obsessed with giving people lots of Scandinavian. They definitely have an issue differentiating between Scandinavian and English. I received 30% on their test, and the highest Scandinavian % I've received on any other test is 3% on 23andme.
    meanwhile I am legit 12.5% Swedish and MyHeritage gives me none haha
    distance%=4.6465"
    Barcin_N,47.2
    Yamnaya_Samara,41.4
    WHG,10.6
    Ethiopia_4500BP,0.8

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to digital_noise For This Useful Post:

     casteneda (06-10-2021),  Rufus191 (06-16-2021),  Saetro (06-28-2021)

  13. #18
    Registered Users
    Posts
    221
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by MatAust21 View Post
    Sorry if I am being blunt, but if you really want to be sure, you need to save money and test with 23andme.

    23andme, and to a slightly lesser degree AncestryDNA as well, are the only 2 reliable companies out there at the moment.

    MyHeritage is known for giving inaccurate ethnicity estimates most of the time.
    23andme is almost the perfect test, their only problem is they only go back 200 years while the other major companies go back 500+, so with 23andme you run the risk of not knowing your deeper/more distant ancestry due to their algorithm completely missing chunks of it.
    Last edited by Aiden; 06-10-2021 at 11:19 PM.

  14. #19
    Registered Users
    Posts
    5,591
    Sex
    Location
    Poznan, Poland
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

    Poland European Union Poland Pomerania French Southern and Antarctic Lands
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    23andme is almost the perfect test, their only problem is they only go back 200 years while the other major companies go back 500+, so with 23andme you run the risk of not knowing your deeper/more distant ancestry due to their algorithm completely missing chunks of it.
    Yes 200-500 years is too short timeframe for the "Old World", for Europeans.

    This test was designed specifically for American "Euromutts", for the "New World".

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomenable For This Useful Post:

     Saetro (06-28-2021)

  16. #20
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,068
    Sex
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Ethnicity
    mixed European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    Dad: R1b/L21/DF63
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA (P)
    K2b1a1a

    United States of America England Wales Sweden Germany
    MyH can be weird. It puts all my mom's English in the Irish/Scottish/Welsh category -- she gets 50% I/S/W when she should be about 25% or less (it's all Scots Irish, so who knows, and some of the names sound English), and 25% or more English -- and gives her no English.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to msmarjoribanks For This Useful Post:

     boilermeschew827 (06-13-2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2019, 04:12 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2018, 01:48 AM
  3. DNA.Land Relationship Matches are impossible
    By J1 DYS388=13 in forum Open-Source Projects
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-13-2015, 04:03 AM
  4. physically impossible, fuzzy data and marketing oriented factoids
    By giovanni carli in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2015, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •