Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Brazilian L-M349

Registered Users
    Sex
    South Tyrol / Dolomites, Alps, Central Europe

Austria Tirol Italy Trentino Alto Adige Germany Bayern Italy Veneto France Slovenia
    Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    The paper for these L in tyrol area stated specifically they did not come from the middle-east , but from north caucasus area
    So you mean:
    New genetic evidence supports isolation and drift in the Ladin communities of the South Tyrolean Alps but not an ancient origin in the Middle East
    Thomas et al 2007
    I'm sorry but mtDNA HVS-1, 6 Y-STR markers and 11 Y-SNPs even for the time of publication was low-res and IMHO not useful to allow relevant relatedness conclusions. I personally use the paper just for Y-Haplogoup stats for the Ladin/Tyrol area.

This is the latest Y-Hg Stat I made for the Tyrol area. Indeed we can see in the Ladin/Dolomite area L+T reaches ca. 10% (in yellow uncertain numbers because lack of study resolution)
    Tyrol-Y.jpg

My observation or better assumption is that ancient Rhaetia like the Etruscan area had significant influence from the Orient. Both areas are also tied trough usage of the same Alphabet etc.
    For Tuscany I have however not seen such levels of L so I assume a slightly different migration probably more on the Adriatic side (modern Veneto) into the Dolomite Alps. The longtime isolation and drift for me is likely ongoing since Roman time (with low German/Slav influence later).
    Speaking of the L you see two distinct clusters (Dolomites/Treviso, Gottschee, Janissary AND Switzerland/U.Danube/Slovenia) in https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults
    In North Italy there are more like vettor said: https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults
    Last edited by ChrisR; 07-31-2021 at 07:25 PM. Reason: note yellow, quote corr.
    Particularly interested in: DNA/Admixture from Historical Tyrol, Central Alps and related/connected populations; Y-DNA J2a-M67-L210, J2a-PF5197-PF5169, R1a-M17, R1b-U106-Z372; mtDNA J1b1b, J1c1d2-A11884G, U5a2b2-G10685A, U5b1b1-b-T16192C! Projects: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , J2a-PF5197, ISOGG Wiki, GenWiki (german)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisR For This Useful Post:

Aemilius (08-02-2021),  vettor (07-31-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    So you mean:

I'm sorry but mtDNA HVS-1, 6 Y-STR markers and 11 Y-SNPs even for the time of puplication was low-res and IMHO not useful to allow relevant relatedness conclusions. I personally use the paper just for Y-Haplogoup stats for the Ladin/Tyrol area.

This is the latest Y-Hg Stat I made for the Tyrol area. Indeed we can see in the Ladin/Dolomite area L reaches ca. 10% (in yellow uncertain numbers because lack of study resolution)
    Tyrol-Y.jpg

My observation or better assumption is that ancient Rhaetia like the Etruscan area had significant influence from the Orient. Both areas are also tied trough usage of the same Alphabet etc.
    For Tuscany I have however not seen such levels of L so I assume a slightly different migration probably more on the Adriatic side (modern Veneto) into the Dolomite Alps. The longtime isolation and drift for me is likely ongoing since Roman time (with low German/Slav influence later).
    Speaking of the L you see two distinct clusters (Dolomites/Treviso, Gottschee, Janissary AND Switzerland/U.Danube/Slovenia) in https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults
    In North Italy there are more like vettor said: https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults
    thanks

Its been a while..............but I have 3 x L matches for DNA and I am not L
    surnames...Toigo, Corso and Geis

The slovene and croatia ancient areas have found L and even a N in "Liburnian" islands ....not sure if they are ancient or modern

BTW....I have a family link via your T , surname Erspamer of 1704 from your bottom attachement............contact me privately and I will give you the marriages etc ................also have links with the Panz family of Wels Austria
    Last edited by vettor; 07-31-2021 at 05:32 PM.

My Path = ( K-M9+, LT-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483+ )

Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-CTS6397 yDna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtDna
    Son's mtDna = K1a4p

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

ChrisR (07-31-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12