Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Ancestry results next to my Brothers

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Moluccan/Ashkenazi

My Ancestry results next to my Brothers

My Ancestry dna compared side by side with my younger brothers dna.He is my full sibling.His is on the right,mine is on the left.We are half Ambonese Moluccan from our mother,and half Romanian Jewish from our father.

https://ibb.co/PgnVfzz
    Last edited by witness; 07-11-2021 at 08:20 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to witness For This Useful Post:

Dts (07-18-2021),  JMcB (07-11-2021),  laltota (07-12-2021),  leorcooper19 (07-11-2021),  Luso (07-14-2021),  msmarjoribanks (07-15-2021),  NK19191 (07-11-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Moluccan/Ashkenazi

Just a comparison of the two of us phenotypically,Im the darker one hes the lighter one.

https://ibb.co/g4WhWgX
    https://ibb.co/F8JMwzv

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witness For This Useful Post:

JMcB (07-11-2021),  laltota (07-12-2021),  NK19191 (07-11-2021)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Northern Ireland
    Nationality
    Northern Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L193(BY2634)
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-M222

Northern Ireland Ireland Scotland
    I can see the Filipino in both of you.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Moluccan/Ashkenazi

Quote Originally Posted by Nqp15hhu View Post
    I can see the Filipino in both of you.
    We are not Filipino,but Austronesian admixed.Filipinos did not exist at the time they migrated to Maluku or Oceania.The migration that brought Austronesian genes to our region was 4,000 years ago.The Phillipines was named Phillipines 500 years ago.Ancestry really needs to rename Filipino to Austronesian like 23andme did.Nothing against Filipinos though.
    Last edited by witness; 07-11-2021 at 10:14 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to witness For This Useful Post:

Riverman (08-01-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Pakistani, Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    H-Z5882
    mtDNA (M)
    A14

Pakistan Canada
    Both of you look vaguely Northern Indo-Aryan, the second one specifically passes in Pakistan pretty well. It makes sense though since South Asians are very generally speaking a mix of various West/North Eurasian elements and Ancestral South Eurasians.
    Mehrgarh v2.

sample: kamil154
    distance: 2.1
    Indo-Turanian Farmer (N/LCA): 33.6 (Mehrgarh Pre-Pottery: 19.2 + Sistano-Turanian Proto-Urbanist: 14.4)
    South Asian HG (MP): 22.2
    Proto-Indo-Iranian (MLBA): 17.6
    Bactria-Margiana Archaeological Complex (EBA): 16
    Pamir Knot HG (LM): 10.2

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Moluccan/Ashkenazi

Quote Originally Posted by kamil154 View Post
    Both of you look vaguely Northern Indo-Aryan, the second one specifically passes in Pakistan pretty well. It makes sense though since South Asians are very generally speaking a mix of various West/North Eurasian elements and Ancestral South Eurasians.
    Just asking,but are we allowed on this site to post pictures and phenotypes?And what about making whole threads dedicated to Phenotypes and "Classifications"?

What you said as well as the other guy makes sense however.As mixed as we are we will definitely be Ambigious looking.However,me and my brother have very little South Asian ancestry compared to Western Indonesians specifically.Weirdly enough,there is alot more particularly South Indian looking people in Maluku and Timor than Western Indonesia.I have seen enough dna results from our region to see however that our actual South Asian admixture is pretty low,less than 5 percent.We are mostly just a mixture of Austronesian and Melanesian.My moms dna results are here too and she had no South Asian admixture,but weirdly 1 percent Scottish.The rest was almost 50/50 Austronesian and Melanesian.

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW Europe+Ash/Seph Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z11
    mtDNA (M)
    N1b1b1

England Star of David Netherlands Turkey Denmark Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    Just asking,but are we allowed on this site to post pictures and phenotypes?And what about making whole threads dedicated to Phenotypes and "Classifications"?
    Posting pictures is fine, provided they're yours to post and not posted within the context of a phenotype discussion, but "classification" discussions based on pictures are not allowed on AG.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passenger For This Useful Post:

JMcB (07-11-2021),  peloponnesian (07-12-2021),  witness (07-11-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Pakistani, Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    H-Z5882
    mtDNA (M)
    A14

Pakistan Canada
    Generally speaking no, Phenotype discussions aren't allowed and its best to stay away from them in future.

Yes you don't have any actual South Asian mix and for obvious reasons you obviously wouldn't
    resemble us autosomally. But Austronesians are a mix of Modern South East Asian mix (from a Liangdong type source) and Hoabinhian. And Hoabinhian as we know aren't really far removed from South Asian HG. Onge seem to be from a branch ancestral to both AASI and Hoabinhian. In fact with the more upcoming research that is coming up it seems there was a Proto-Hoabinhian type Paleolithic cline from Indo-China extending well into the Eastern Gangetic region so fundamentally they are broadly similar South Eurasian components.

Also the Jewish half because of being European is already a mix of mostly West Asian but also some European input which can superficially resemble the ANI portion of South Asian ancestry. That being said phenotypic traits in mixed individuals can rarely be compared to those in well homogenized groups. So another mixed individual with a similar 50-50 ancestral background may well end up looking completely different to you guys.
    Last edited by kamil154; 07-11-2021 at 11:15 PM.
    Mehrgarh v2.

sample: kamil154
    distance: 2.1
    Indo-Turanian Farmer (N/LCA): 33.6 (Mehrgarh Pre-Pottery: 19.2 + Sistano-Turanian Proto-Urbanist: 14.4)
    South Asian HG (MP): 22.2
    Proto-Indo-Iranian (MLBA): 17.6
    Bactria-Margiana Archaeological Complex (EBA): 16
    Pamir Knot HG (LM): 10.2

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kamil154 For This Useful Post:

witness (07-11-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Moluccan/Ashkenazi

Generally speaking no, Phenotype discussions aren't allowed and its best to stay away from them in future.

Yes you don't have any actual South Asian mix and for obvious reasons you obviously would resemble us autosomally. But Austronesians are a mix of Modern South East Asian mix (from a Liangdong type source) and Hoabinhian. And Hoabinhian as we know aren't really far removed from South Asian HG. Onge seem to be from a branch ancestral to both AASI and Hoabinhian. In fact with the more upcoming research that is coming up it seems there was a Proto-Hoabinhian type Paleolithic cline from Indo-China extending well into the Eastern Gangetic region so fundamentally they are broadly similar South Eurasian components.

Also the Jewish half because of being European is already a mix of mostly West Asian but also some European input which can superficially resemble the ANI portion of South Asian ancestry. That being said phenotypic traits in mixed individuals can rarely be compared to those in well homogenized groups. So another mixed individual with a similar 50-50 ancestral background may well end up looking completely different to you guys.
    Yes,I actually had a PCA plot done of me by McDonald and I actually clustered closest to South India.Can my Melanesian admixture also make me appear more South Asian?I have a picture of a half Dutch half Moluccan with his full blood Moluccan father to compare.He does look quite distinct from us and so does his Moluccan father from my Moluccan mother.Most Moluccans are roughly 50/50 or 40/60 Austronesian and Melanesian but we literally range from almost Thai to straight up Papuan looking,and anything inbetween with some Psuedo Arab/Indian looks even.And thats only the "full" bloods.The mixes I seen are even more diverse.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to witness For This Useful Post:

laltota (07-12-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Moluccan/Ashkenazi

Yes you don't have any actual South Asian mix and for obvious reasons you obviously wouldn't
    resemble us autosomally. But Austronesians are a mix of Modern South East Asian mix (from a Liangdong type source) and Hoabinhian. And Hoabinhian as we know aren't really far removed from South Asian HG. Onge seem to be from a branch ancestral to both AASI and Hoabinhian. In fact with the more upcoming research that is coming up it seems there was a Proto-Hoabinhian type Paleolithic cline from Indo-China extending well into the Eastern Gangetic region so fundamentally they are broadly similar South Eurasian components.

Are these Hoabinhians close to actual Papuans and Melanesians too,or distinct?Denisovan admixture seems to be only present in Oceania and Wallacea,and also neighboring Southern Aeta tribes.I heard and theorized thats what makes Papuans and Aboriginals physically distinct from ASI and Negritos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast