Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is this model good enough for Albanians?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    N - Z16980

Albanians indeed are quite interesting population.
    Linguistically few interesting facts that I had come up recently are:
    1) apparently substrate language to Romanian was Albanian like. Which either points to Romanians from South or that Dacian language could have been kinda sister to Proto-Albanian
    2) Kortlandt had several times noted that his model for IE split has Balto-Slavic and Albanian split from BS-A-IndoIranian node. With II leaving first and then BS split from Albanian.

Genetically that would leave few questions to test these hypothesis:
    1) could we find a population that could serve as substrate to Romanians but at the same time core to Proto-Albanian?
    2) if K. is correct, then would Albanian split from BS before or after Balto-Slavic drift happened? Would Proto-Albanian also have this so call BS drift?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parastais For This Useful Post:

darknorman11 (07-31-2021),  Ryukendo (07-31-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY62310 (Kelmendi)
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a1c

Albania United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by parastais View Post
    Albanians indeed are quite interesting population.
    Linguistically few interesting facts that I had come up recently are:
    1) apparently substrate language to Romanian was Albanian like. Which either points to Romanians from South or that Dacian language could have been kinda sister to Proto-Albanian
    2) Kortlandt had several times noted that his model for IE split has Balto-Slavic and Albanian split from BS-A-IndoIranian node. With II leaving first and then BS split from Albanian.

Genetically that would leave few questions to test these hypothesis:
    1) could we find a population that could serve as substrate to Romanians but at the same time core to Proto-Albanian?
    2) if K. is correct, then would Albanian split from BS before or after Balto-Slavic drift happened? Would Proto-Albanian also have this so call BS drift?

Most of Romanian words shared with or taken from proto-Albanian concern animals and forests.

"the Vlach-Albanian symbiosis and the inland Latin variety of the Albanian language which occurred more East of Albania in the Kosovo region.[15] The Albanian-Vlach symbiosis developed in the Kosovo area, especially but not only in its Western part (including part of the Montenegro area).[16] What it suggests is that the Kosovo region, together with at least part of Northern Albania, was the crucial focus of two distinct but interlinked ethnic histories: the survival of the Albanians, and the emergence of the Romanians and Vlachs.[16]"
    “To Maltsia e madhe I first turned my steps–not to see the mountains, but to see life, history, the world, and the great unknown, as it looks to the mountain man.”
    - Edith Durham

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excine For This Useful Post:

darknorman11 (08-01-2021),  parastais (08-01-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY62310 (Kelmendi)
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a1c

Albania United States of America
    According to certain Romanian scholars, there are three Romance layers in Albanian: eastern, dalmatian, and an unnamed third.
    “To Maltsia e madhe I first turned my steps–not to see the mountains, but to see life, history, the world, and the great unknown, as it looks to the mountain man.”
    - Edith Durham

6. The Following User Says Thank You to excine For This Useful Post:

parastais (08-01-2021)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234