British Isles/Germanic
    Nationality
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-DF13, Z251

United States Grand Union England Germany Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    I've given up at this point lol
    I’ve sent a bit of a complaint to them, and they told me I would just have to wait. While my dad and brother sit at 91.8%/89.1% Britain and Ireland, and their mom sits at 82% South Germanic!!!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Milton1997 For This Useful Post:

Aiden (08-03-2021),  Bog Body (08-05-2021),  JerryS. (08-03-2021),  Riverman (09-10-2021),  sktibo (08-04-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/Chinese
    Nationality
    New Zealander
    Y-DNA (P)
    O1b1a (Chinese)
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1g1

New Zealand England China Scotland Ireland Northern Ireland
    Just got my update, pretty accurate. I wouldn't expect East Anglia to be that high, nor to have any Lincolnshire or Yorkshire.

I'd expect some Irish and Aberdeenshire for it to match my paper records, although I have had bits in previous results of both.

Great Britain and Ireland 79.6%

Northern Ireland and Southwest Scotland 21.9%
    East Anglia 13.9%
    Central England 10.4%
    Northwest England 7.5%
    South Central England 7%
    Southeast England 6.5%
    Lincolnshire 6.2%
    Cornwall 2.3%
    North Yorkshire 1.9%
    South Yorkshire 1.7%

Asia (East) 20.4%

Southeast Asia 12%
    South China 8.5%
    PAPER: England 50% - Ireland 12% - Northern Ireland/Scotland 13% - South China 25%

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jelliedsoup For This Useful Post:

jadegreg (08-04-2021),  JMcB (08-03-2021),  sktibo (08-04-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    French
    mtDNA (M)
    T2B4-T152c
    mtDNA (P)
    R-P312

France European Union
    Got my update :

Now : 100% French

Previously : 60% French, 25% Spain + Tuscany, 15% UK

Paper trail : 50% french (NW) + 50% unknown, with strong spanish clues in many oracles / admixtures

Two possibilities : LDNA is very accurate and my other half is french as well, which rules out the spanish track from my investigation, or the french estimation is too high and I still need to investigate more. Don't know what to think after reading others' updates...
    Last edited by AGR78; 08-04-2021 at 09:02 AM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AGR78 For This Useful Post:

Fitis (08-04-2021),  jadegreg (08-04-2021),  JMcB (08-04-2021),  mokordo (08-04-2021),  Riverman (09-10-2021),  sktibo (08-04-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-BY27340
    mtDNA (M)
    H1q2

Spain Basque Andalucia
    Quote Originally Posted by AGR78 View Post
    Got my update :

Now : 100% French

Previously : 60% French, 25% Spain + Tuscany, 15% UK

Paper trail : 50% french (NW) + 50% unknown, with strong spanish clues in many oracles / admixtures

Two possibilities : LDNA is very accurate and my other half is french as well, which rules out the spanish track from my investigation, or the french estimation is too high and I still need to investigate more. Don't know what to think after reading others' updates...
    If they have not done quite well, seeing the results of the French and those of the British Isles people, I think I can already get an idea of ​​how the results of my parents and mine are going to be.

I suppose they have taken into account the effect I have in mind, and our results will not vary too much. we will see it soon.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mokordo For This Useful Post:

AGR78 (08-04-2021),  JMcB (08-04-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y4355
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b23

France Italy France Auvergne France Limousin Italy Tuscany
    Hi. First post here. Just got my update too. On paper trail, I'm 3/4 French from south Auvergne (Cantal) and a bit of south Limousin (Corrèze) and noth Occitanie (Aveyron), and 1/4 north Italian (Emilia Romagna from a village very close to Liguria and Toscany borders). I have three kits on Living DNA : 2 uploads (23andMe and Ancestry) and one swab kit. I have also upload my mother's raw data from 23andMe. Of those 4 kits, only swab one has been updated.

Here are my previous results :
    Europe (South) 80%
    East Iberia
    50.3%
    Tuscany
    19.4%
    South Italy
    10.3%

Great Britain and Ireland 18.3%
    England and Wales
    18.3%

Europe (North and West) 1.7%

Northeast Germanic
    1.7%

And now the updated ones :
    Europe (South) 64.6%
    East Iberia
    45.9 %
    Tuscany
    10.1 %
    North Italy
    8.6 %

Europe (North and West) 35.4 %
    France
    31.5 %
    South Germanic
    3.9 %

Those results are better than the previous ones as they include French and exclude Great Britain. But, as many others companies, I still have too much Spanish as I don't have any known ancestor from that region. I think French and Italian (around 30% on several companies) should be higher. I understand that having ancestors from southwest France should give me Spanish DNA similarities but my results should be like : French 55% Italy 30% and Spain 15%.
    I'm very surprised to see many French here with very high level of French with this update as LVDNA assigned me Spain as my first country, again (like 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage).

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pluton For This Useful Post:

Fitis (08-04-2021),  jadegreg (08-04-2021),  JMcB (08-04-2021),  mokordo (08-04-2021),  Robert1 (08-10-2021),  sktibo (08-04-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-BY27340
    mtDNA (M)
    H1q2

Spain Basque Andalucia
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluton View Post
    Hi. First post here. Just got my update too. On paper trail, I'm 3/4 French from south Auvergne (Cantal) and a bit of south Limousin (Corrèze) and noth Occitanie (Aveyron), and 1/4 north Italian (Emilia Romagna from a village very close to Liguria and Toscany borders). I have three kits on Living DNA : 2 uploads (23andMe and Ancestry) and one swab kit. I have also upload my mother's raw data from 23andMe. Of those 4 kits, only swab one has been updated.

Those results are better than the previous ones as they include French and exclude Great Britain. But, as many others companies, I still have too much Spanish as I don't have any known ancestor from that region. I think French and Italian (around 30% on several companies) should be higher. I understand that having ancestors from southwest France should give me Spanish DNA similarities but my results should be like : French 55% Italy 30% and Spain 15%.
    I'm very surprised to see many French here with very high level of French with this update as LVDNA assigned me Spain as my first country, again (like 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage).
    After reading you, I am somewhat lost with what they have done in this update. I thought that they had better fixed the assignment to the French component, and that would rearrange all the neighbourng countries people results , but I don't know what to think anymore ...

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    French
    mtDNA (M)
    T2B4-T152c
    mtDNA (P)
    R-P312

France European Union
    Is the effect you have in mind the Iberian / British overestimation in the previous French estimates?

(Sorry I missed the reply with quote, I was replying to mokordo "If they have not done quite well, seeing the results of the French and those of the British Isles people, I think I can already get an idea of ​​how the results of my parents and mine are going to be.

I suppose they have taken into account the effect I have in mind, and our results will not vary too much. we will see it soon.")
    Last edited by AGR78; 08-04-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English, Welsh
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-DF98
    mtDNA (M)
    X2b4

United Kingdom England Wales Devon Cornwall
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluton View Post

Here are my previous results :
    Europe (South) 80%
    East Iberia
    50.3%
    Tuscany
    19.4%
    South Italy
    10.3%

Great Britain and Ireland 18.3%
    England and Wales
    18.3%

Europe (North and West) 1.7%

Northeast Germanic
    1.7%

And now the updated ones :
    Europe (South) 64.6%
    East Iberia
    45.9 %
    Tuscany
    10.1 %
    North Italy
    8.6 %

Europe (North and West) 35.4 %
    France
    31.5 %
    South Germanic
    3.9 %

It's possible that they don't have too many reference samples from the SW corner of France currently, possibly explaining why you are pulling an elevated East Iberia score. I guess we will not know until they publish anything resembling a White Paper.....

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jadegreg For This Useful Post:

JMcB (08-04-2021),  mokordo (08-04-2021),  Robert1 (08-10-2021),  sktibo (08-05-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-BY27340
    mtDNA (M)
    H1q2

Spain Basque Andalucia
    Quote Originally Posted by AGR78 View Post
    Is the effect you have in mind the Iberian / British overestimation in the previous French estimates?
    Not exactly but close.

Anyway, until I see more people and more origins people results, I can't talk too much because it would be premature to draw a precise conclusion.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y4355
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b23

France Italy France Auvergne France Limousin Italy Tuscany
    Quote Originally Posted by jadegreg View Post
    It's possible that they don't have too many reference samples from the SW corner of France currently, possibly explaining why you are pulling an elevated East Iberia score. I guess we will not know until they publish anything resembling a White Paper.....
    Probably but I'm surprised that it's the case of many DNA companies. On 23andMe, many French have between 55% to 90% of french & german while mine is around 20... But I also remark that some French with heavy SW France roots have very high score on Spanish & Portuguese and a weak amount of french & german. Maybe SW France people DNA is closer to Spanish DNA than French DNA. And maybe those amount won't change a lot because of that...?

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast