Thread: Living DNA July Update 2021

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    British

United Kingdom Netherlands Mauritius Madagascar India China
    So all of my kits should qualify for this update as I had nearly 40% NW and Southern Germanic, Dad had 12%, mum nearly 25%.
    Ethnogene: 51.4% NW European, 21.6% W European, 10.1% Southeastern African, 9.5% Southeast Asian, 4.4% South Asian, 2% Scandinavian, 1% East African
    Papertrail @ 2xggrandparents: 37.5% London, 25% Dorset, 25% Mauritius, 6.25% Netherlands, 6.25% Hampshire

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JFWinstone For This Useful Post:

JMcB (07-28-2021),  sktibo (07-29-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ireland UK Sweden Germany
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a1(a)

Northern Ireland Ireland Wales Sweden Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathlingram View Post
    Everyone~
    Well there is SOME awareness of what is happening with the update - I received this:"Thank you very much for getting in touch to raise your concerns about your newly updated results.
    I'm really sorry that your journey with us so far has been disappointing. We take feedback like this very seriously and will be looking at ways we can improve.
    We are aware that a handful of customers have noticed some unexpectedly high levels of French in their ancestry estimates, and this is currently under investigation by our population geneticists. The information you have provided about your most recent ancestors will be of great assistance in this investigation.
    We will be in touch to keep you up to date on our progress in the coming months.

I have double-checked your sister's profile and can confirm that she will not be eligible for the new update, as it is only being offered to customers with 10% or higher European ancestry outside of Great Britain and Ireland. As your sister's results show 100% Great Britain and Ireland, I'm afraid it won't be offered to her as the results would not change."

We appreciate your continued support and will do everything we can to make sure that the rest of your journey with Living DNA is an enjoyable one.
    This is my full Sister and I being compared on the New MAP Feature.. She is the only Map I see lol BUT the point is HOW different hers is from mine.. So Different they won't upgrade hers because not enough "European out side Ireland/GB" Living DNA Regions Map.png
    Last edited by Kathlingram; 07-29-2021 at 03:58 PM.
    FTDNA- Group admin-FauntFant, LowerDelmarVa
    23andme,FTDNA,MyHeritage,LivingDNA
    3 Great GP 100% Irish,7 GreatGreats 100% Irish and 4 unknown likely Welsh,3rdGreat GP Sweden,

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kathlingram For This Useful Post:

jadegreg (07-29-2021),  JMcB (07-29-2021),  MacEochaidh (08-01-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English, Welsh
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-DF98
    mtDNA (M)
    X2b4

United Kingdom England Wales Devon Cornwall
    This is my full Sister and I being compared on the New MAP Feature.. She is the only Map I see lol BUT the point is HOW different hers is from mine.. So Different they won't upgrade hers because not enough "European out side Ireland/GB"
    If you don't mind me asking, how inaccurate are yours and your sister's results? I'm guessing whilst you get some Scandinavian, it's entirely absent from your sister.

Also out of personal interest, do you have anyone from your family tree hailing from SC England and Lincolnshire?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a1(a)

Quote Originally Posted by jadegreg View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how inaccurate are yours and your sister's results? I'm guessing whilst you get some Scandinavian, it's entirely absent from your sister.

Also out of personal interest, do you have anyone from your family tree hailing from SC England and Lincolnshire?
    At Ancestry Sister and I each have 2% Sweden, 23 and 28% Wales/NWales and 53 and 46% Ireland.. 23andme shows Sister has 1.2 % European, 98.6% British Irish and I have .1 % Nigeran ( Used to be 99.8% SSAfrican) and 99.8% British Irish...

My Heritage shows sister with 8% East European, N.W.European.92% and me with 6.5 % Italy, 2.9 Baltic, 1.4% N.W.European. 89.2%

FTDNA most recent shows me:
    Ireland 35% England, Wales, and Scotland 33% Scandinavia 19% Central Europe 10% Baltic 3% Sisters : Western Europe Ireland 51%, England, Wales, and Scotland 31%, Scandinavia 16% Eastern Europe West Slavic <2% Southern Europe Basque info <1
    I think FTDNA processes MYHeritage and they have always been an outlier for us..
    Last edited by Kathlingram; 07-29-2021 at 06:30 PM.
    3 Great GP 100% Irish,7 GreatGreats 100% Irish and 4 unknown likely Welsh,3rdGreat GP Sweden,

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathlingram For This Useful Post:

jadegreg (07-29-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English, Welsh
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-DF98
    mtDNA (M)
    X2b4

United Kingdom England Wales Devon Cornwall
    At Ancestry Sister and I each have 2% Sweden, 23 and 28% Wales/NWales and 53 and 46% Ireland.. 23andme shows Sister has 1.2 % European, 98.6% British Irish and I have .1 % Nigeran ( Used to be 99.8% SSAfrican) and 99.8% British Irish...

My Heritage shows sister with 8% East European, N.W.European.92% and me with 6.5 % Italy, 2.9 Baltic, 1.4% N.W.European. 89.2%

FTDNA most recent shows me:
    Ireland 35% England, Wales, and Scotland 33% Scandinavia 19% Central Europe 10% Baltic 3% Sisters : Western Europe Ireland 51%, England, Wales, and Scotland 31%, Scandinavia 16% Eastern Europe West Slavic <2% Southern Europe Basque info <1
    I think FTDNA processes MYHeritage and they have always been an outlier for us..
    I think My Heritage is an outlier for most testers! (although the genetic groups aren't half bad) So, I'm taking it, Ancestry is the testing company that get closest to your actual ancestral make-up in terms of paper trail?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jadegreg For This Useful Post:

Hrafnab˙ (07-29-2021),  msmarjoribanks (07-30-2021),  Robert1 (08-10-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z284
    mtDNA (M)
    H5b

Sweden England Scotland Germany Ireland Wales
    I think My Heritage is an outlier for most testers! (although the genetic groups aren't half bad) So, I'm taking it, Ancestry is the testing company that get closest to your actual ancestral make-up in terms of paper trail?
    I haven't tested with Ancestry but my sister has. It gives her 59% Scottish and 24% England and northwest Europe. This 59% Scottish way off in regards to my family's paper trail. Her test from 23andme is very close to my Living DNA results. They both say 70 percent British/Irish and 20 percent French and German (emphasis on southern German). Up until now I thought Ancestry was likely the most accurate to tester's paper trail.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hrafnab˙ For This Useful Post:

jadegreg (07-29-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a1(a)

Actually I have always relied on 23andme's Ancestry Composition. I was a Beta tester right before their first public offering.. at this point it is THIS:"23andme shows Sister has 1.2 % European, 98.6% British Irish and I have .1 % Nigeran ( Used to be 99.8% SSAfrican) and 99.8% British Irish..." They break it down into regions that are accurate.."#1 Donegal
    , Cork Tipperary where my most recent immigrants came from ( 1860s) and Gwynedd relates to our Welsh matches ( tons of them)

BUT I DO Like AncestryDNA's geographic Communities which highlight or pinpoint the same places.. Donegal and Leinster Ireland and North Wales.. Sister has also the Beara Penisula -Our mito DNA ancestor was from County Kerry we both have England Scotland ( Irish ex Pats) 16 and 19% each.. we're not identical nor should we be.. and my children's break down falls with the appropriate ranges
    So BOTH of them although I came later to AncestryDNA

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kathlingram For This Useful Post:

Hrafnab˙ (07-29-2021),  jadegreg (07-29-2021),  Robert1 (08-10-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    British

United Kingdom Netherlands Mauritius Madagascar India China
    Still no update for any of my kits, keep checking my emails and the site
    Ethnogene: 51.4% NW European, 21.6% W European, 10.1% Southeastern African, 9.5% Southeast Asian, 4.4% South Asian, 2% Scandinavian, 1% East African
    Papertrail @ 2xggrandparents: 37.5% London, 25% Dorset, 25% Mauritius, 6.25% Netherlands, 6.25% Hampshire

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JFWinstone For This Useful Post:

Mr.G (08-03-2021),  Robert1 (08-10-2021),  sktibo (08-03-2021)

Silver Class Member
    Sex
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z198 (DF27)
    mtDNA (M)
    T2B-T152C

England Scotland Austrian Empire Canada Quebec Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by JFWinstone View Post
    I hear ya JF. I'm excited to see what my parents get for their new results. You're not alone. I think Living DNA said it could be three weeks to get it to everyone. One week to go.
    Flags represent known or paper trail ancestry from greatest to least:
    England, Scotland, Austro-Hungarian Empire, (Galicia Poland) French-Canadian, and Dutch American settlers.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sktibo For This Useful Post:

Mr.G (08-03-2021),  Robert1 (08-03-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by JFWinstone View Post
    I've given up at this point lol

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Aiden For This Useful Post:

Mr.G (08-03-2021)

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast