Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Y-DNA Haplogroup H2-P96 and down

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    H2 SK1177

Netherlands

Y-DNA Haplogroup H2-P96 and down

Can we start a thread of LIVING H2-P96 persons? There are no that many, I guess.
    We know so little about this Haplogroup, or Sub-haplogroup, that every bit of information counts. I am not talking about ANCIENT samples.

Of interest would be ideas about geographic distribution, country of ancestral origin, relationship to other DNA Haplogroups, how to locate H2-P96, any trends in development and spread of P-96.
    I myself am some ten levels down the line from P96 at SK117; I am Dutch, country of origin: The Netherlands. Tested by FTDNA at Big Y700 level.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    H2C1a1a
    mtDNA (M)
    H1C3

England North of England
    Hi I'm also H2-P96. To be more precise, I'm H-BY37186. I'm in England. Tim

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    H2a1a,P96 FT389203,
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3
    Y-DNA (M)
    I1a1b1a1~ L22, P109.

England
    In my opinion I dont think there's enough YH2 P96, people around, we are only a few, and the amount of information is very difficult to find, the small amounts we come across, or can access, is not enough to keep it going if it happens, most of us are separated by Hundreds of years, if not many thousands, so it will be difficult to keep the interest alive at the present time,I believe.
    Last edited by Paul333; 05-02-2022 at 12:20 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    F0R1a1a-Z280
    mtDNA (M)
    R0H5B1

Poland Slovakia Scotland England Ireland
    I have R1a and I am very interested in this line because of how common it was in ancients from the paleolithic in France and even until the time of Christ. I see some countries with F* in the middle East Southern Europe and north Africa and I wonder if some of it is actually H2-P96. With the rich history of this line and how it seemed to become rare against all odds I believe many people without this line are very interested in the origin.
    Maternal Uncle y-line= F0R1b1-L21

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    H2a1a,P96 FT389203,
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3
    Y-DNA (M)
    I1a1b1a1~ L22, P109.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by venustas View Post
    I have R1a and I am very interested in this line because of how common it was in ancients from the paleolithic in France and even until the time of Christ. I see some countries with F* in the middle East Southern Europe and north Africa and I wonder if some of it is actually H2-P96. With the rich history of this line and how it seemed to become rare against all odds I believe many people without this line are very interested in the origin.
    I think every person originated from some form of Y Haplogroup F, on the Journey out of Africa, and no doubt there is still YH2 P96, being miss identified.

The problem I see at present, is with so few Living YH2 P96, people, finding information for disscusion,is a very slow, difficult, and confusing process,at the present time, and to find any developments, or enough information to keep interests alive is not there. A lot of what is there is now outdated.

If you look at the Y Haplogroup forum listings on here, Y Haplogroup H is rarely used, especially when it comes to Y H2 P96, there is very little use by living Y H2 people,and I cannot see any benefit or difference,at this time of adding a similar forum.

If you look at my own country England, there is only 1 or 2 others I know of living here on the Y Full H Tree today, and even these are separated by a split of around 6 thousand years, as I understand it, so without using ancient samples,it will be pointless, especially looking for any countries of origin.
    Last edited by Paul333; 05-02-2022 at 02:12 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul333 For This Useful Post:

parasar (05-03-2022)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    H2a1a,P96 FT389203,
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3
    Y-DNA (M)
    I1a1b1a1~ L22, P109.

England
    Double Post
    Last edited by Paul333; 05-02-2022 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Double Post

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-L91>FTA40859
    mtDNA (M)
    T2f2d

Hello!

1) I think it's more useful to think of these rare haplogroups in terms of branches rather than comparing them with other macro-haplogroups. H is very rare in Europeans compared to macro-haplogroups I2 or G2a but if you check specific branches with similar-ish TMRCAs (especially ones that have popped up in the aDNA record), H-P96 is comparable with clades like this or this, or even another "rare child" such as this. I'm mentioning "Old European" lineages specifically, because we have a fairly good historical idea of how R1b, R1a or I2din lines spread throughout Europe.

2) Most of Southeast Europe, Near East, North Africa are very undersampled on FTDNA & Yfull. With more samples, I'm quite sure that many of the "ultra-rare" haplogroups would be found in greater frequencies in those areas and some migration patterns and phylogenies would be more easily resolved.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to peloponnesian For This Useful Post:

Paul333 (05-05-2022)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2 - SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Republic of Venice
    Quote Originally Posted by peloponnesian View Post
    Hello!

1) I think it's more useful to think of these rare haplogroups in terms of branches rather than comparing them with other macro-haplogroups. H is very rare in Europeans compared to macro-haplogroups I2 or G2a but if you check specific branches with similar-ish TMRCAs (especially ones that have popped up in the aDNA record), H-P96 is comparable with clades like this or this, or even another "rare child" such as this. I'm mentioning "Old European" lineages specifically, because we have a fairly good historical idea of how R1b, R1a or I2din lines spread throughout Europe.

2) Most of Southeast Europe, Near East, North Africa are very undersampled on FTDNA & Yfull. With more samples, I'm quite sure that many of the "ultra-rare" haplogroups would be found in greater frequencies in those areas and some migration patterns and phylogenies would be more easily resolved.
    is this query part of the 2021 paper
    Using Y-chromosome capture enrichment to resolve haplogroup H2 shows new evidence for a two-path Neolithic expansion to Western Europe

Rohrlach, A.B., Papac,

where ....With the arrival of Steppe-related ancestry ~ 5 kya, incoming YHGs such as R1a and R1b would largely replace many of the older, “Neolithic” YHGs, such as G2, T1a, and H219,samples in Karsdorf, Derenburg and Halberstadt

considering that T ydna made up 22% of the found samples of which there was 3 samples

My Path = ( K-M9+, LT-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483+ )

Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-CTS6397 yDna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtDna
    Son's mtDna = K1a4p

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

Paul333 (05-05-2022)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    H2a1a,P96 FT389203,
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3
    Y-DNA (M)
    I1a1b1a1~ L22, P109.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by peloponnesian View Post
    Hello!

I dont think you can compare the Y H2 clade of P96, with the substantial amounts of Haplogroup G & I clades, P96 is extremely rare in Europe. In England on the Y Full tree there are only 3 public references for England today. I am one of these, and the other that matches me is from America,not living today in England, and he is ancestral to England from America during the 1700's, listing England as his earliest ancestor only. The other I do not know, but he may also be ancesteral to England. I know only one other confirmed Living in England today under GBR on the public Y Full Tree, H P96, which leaves myself, and only 1 other 'confirmed as living in England today ', and we are 'separated from a common ancester' by some 6,000 years, so that is petty rare.
    Last edited by Paul333; 05-07-2022 at 11:39 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    F0R1a1a-Z280
    mtDNA (M)
    R0H5B1

Poland Slovakia Scotland England Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul333 View Post
    I dont think you can compare the Y H2 clade of P96, with the substantial amounts of Haplogroup G & I clades, P96 is extremely rare in Europe. In England on the Y Full tree there are only 3 public references for England today. I am one of these, and the other that matches me is from America,not living today in England, and he is ancestral to England from America during the 1700's, listing England as his earliest ancestor only. The other I do not know, but he may also be ancesteral to England. I know only one other confirmed Living in England today under GBR on the public Y Full Tree, H P96, which leaves myself, and only 1 other 'confirmed as living in England today ', and we are 'separated from a common ancester' by some 6,000 years, so that is petty rare.
    Perhaps this will help from this results it seems that most men with the surname Boyett have H2-P96 y-dna but only if it's spelt Boyett . All those guys with F-M89 are actually H-P96 on that project trust me.
    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults
    Maternal Uncle y-line= F0R1b1-L21

14. The Following User Says Thank You to venustas For This Useful Post:

ArmandoR1b (05-09-2022)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast