Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 105

Thread: So North Iran was the homeland of PIE?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    So North Iran was the homeland of PIE?

    So North Iran was the homeland of PIE?

    https://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2021/...-has-gone.html

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andriy For This Useful Post:

     parasar (11-11-2021),  Tolan (11-20-2021)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    474
    Sex

    Greece
    'Academic consensus' can become dangerous imho. Those who think that though, weither they are academics or not should tie it to a specific culture or a set of cutures and propose a timeframe for the expansion.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kanenas For This Useful Post:

     Hando (11-13-2021)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,329
    Sex
    Location
    Brazil
    Ethnicity
    Rio de Janeiro Colonial
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1a1 FGC6064+ M365+
    mtDNA (M)
    H1ao1a

    Suebi Kingdom Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ Brazilian Empire Brazil
    Yes, I think the incoming new big article is going to document the arrival in the Volga and the steppe.
    J1 FGC5987 to FGC6175 (188 new SNPs)
    MDKAs before Colonial Brazil
    Y-DNA - Milhazes, Barcelos, Minho, Portugal.
    mtDNA - Ilha Terceira, Azores, Portugal
    North_Swedish + PT + PT + PT @ 3.96 EUtest 4

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,540
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by RCO View Post
    Yes, I think the incoming new big article is going to document the arrival in the Volga and the steppe.
    Any word of when that is going to be released?

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J Man For This Useful Post:

     Hando (11-13-2021),  RCO (11-12-2021)

  8. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    594
    Sex
    Location
    Rome
    Ethnicity
    Veneto\Toscano
    Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1B-U152-L2-Z367
    mtDNA (M)
    T1A1L

    Republic of Venice Italy Veneto Italy Tuscany Italy 1861-1946 European Union Italy
    If only Yamnas had Iran_N ancestry...

  9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ariel90 For This Useful Post:

     Arlus (11-12-2021),  Coldmountains (11-12-2021),  Hando (11-13-2021),  homunculus (11-19-2021),  ilovecatgirls (11-17-2021),  JoeyP37 (11-12-2021),  KLMDG (11-19-2021),  theplayer (11-12-2021),  whynot (11-20-2021)

  10. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    435
    Sex
    Location
    Europe
    Ethnicity
    Greek (x2)
    Nationality
    Greek
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-MF5057
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c2e
    mtDNA (P)
    U3a3

    Greece Byzantine Empire Empire of Trebizond Albania Romani
    Quote Originally Posted by Andriy View Post
    So North Iran was the homeland of PIE?

    https://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2021/...-has-gone.html
    Eurogenes's article writes exactly the opposite of the title of this thread. And the answer likely is a resounding "no" to this question.
    distance: 0.01753688
    Ancient Greece/Balkans: 48.2
    Early Slavic: 24.6
    RUS_Maykop_Novosvobodnaya: 14.8
    Levant_Megiddo_IA: 9.6
    MAR_Taforalt: 1
    CHN_Chuanyun_Historic: 1.2
    Yoruba: 0.6

  11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to XXD For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (11-18-2021),  altvred (11-12-2021),  Arlus (11-12-2021),  Bygdedweller (11-12-2021),  grumpydaddybear (11-12-2021),  Hando (11-13-2021),  Kapisa (11-12-2021),  Kulin (11-21-2021),  leorcooper19 (11-12-2021),  Marmaduke (11-12-2021),  Pribislav (11-12-2021),  whynot (11-20-2021)

  12. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    360
    Sex
    Location
    Greece
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-L91
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

    I don't understand what the big fuss is all about, the Pontic-Caspian steppe and the Caucasus are literally next to each other, and Iran is just a bit further south. People are too influenced by modern borders (and geopolitical realities), prehistoric people didn't have concepts like 'Europe' and 'Asia' in their minds when they were moving around. Also, saying steppe people "are indigenous to Europe" and at the same time "they had nothing to do with Iran" is disingenuous, Iran was a lot closer to their homeland than Iberia or Britain. I could see an argument for, say, Hungary since it's part of the same steppe eco-region but "indigenous to the whole of Europe" is a nonsensical statement.

  13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to peloponnesian For This Useful Post:

     Andrewid (11-25-2021),  Bruzmi (11-12-2021),  Cascio (11-12-2021),  cyclo (11-12-2021),  Hando (11-13-2021),  homunculus (11-19-2021),  Kapisa (11-12-2021),  Kirtan24 (11-13-2021),  mie (11-25-2021),  Mrtni (11-18-2021),  parasar (11-12-2021),  SpinosaurusN3H1 (11-17-2021),  Tolan (11-20-2021),  whynot (11-20-2021),  XXD (11-12-2021)

  14. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,411
    Sex
    Location
    lombardy
    Nationality
    italian

    Italy Portugal Order of Christ Russia Imperial Canada Quebec Spanish Empire (1506-1701) Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by peloponnesian View Post
    I don't understand what the big fuss is all about, the Pontic-Caspian steppe and the Caucasus are literally next to each other, and Iran is just a bit further south. People are too influenced by modern borders (and geopolitical realities), prehistoric people didn't have concepts like 'Europe' and 'Asia' in their minds when they were moving around. Also, saying steppe people "are indigenous to Europe" and at the same time "they had nothing to do with Iran" is disingenuous, Iran was a lot closer to their homeland than Iberia or Britain. I could see an argument for, say, Hungary since it's part of the same steppe eco-region but "indigenous to the whole of Europe" is a nonsensical statement.
    from a geographical point of view you are right. Any average PIE tribe king would have considered the caucasus as more familiar and "homely" than any EEF village in Iberia or Italy. Here we are talking from a genetic point of view. PIE were mostly ( probably all in fact) made up of mostly indigenous european upper paleolithic ( ANE like) and indigenous mesolithic europeans ( WHG related). That is why any proposed PIE population of the pontic caspian steppe turned out to be till even the calcholothic as only made up of WHG/EHG dna ( obviously in different proportions accordingly to the west/east cline).

  15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to etrusco For This Useful Post:

     Arlus (11-13-2021),  Hando (11-13-2021),  ilovecatgirls (11-17-2021),  Padre Organtino (11-25-2021),  parasar (11-12-2021),  peloponnesian (11-12-2021),  whynot (11-20-2021)

  16. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    360
    Sex
    Location
    Greece
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-L91
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

    Quote Originally Posted by etrusco View Post
    PIE were mostly ( probably all in fact) made up of mostly indigenous european upper paleolithic ( ANE like) and indigenous mesolithic europeans ( WHG related).
    I suppose you're talking about paleolithic lineages that are tens of thousands of years old, because ANE hasn't been found in Europe but in Northern Asia. By the same argument one could say PIE is Crown Eurasian, or even African, because that's where all human lineages ultimately come from. In my opinion we should just stick to the Pontic-Caspian steppe and leave the large continents aside, but to each their own, obviously.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peloponnesian For This Useful Post:

     homunculus (11-19-2021),  Howard23 (11-13-2021),  SpinosaurusN3H1 (11-17-2021)

  18. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,411
    Sex
    Location
    lombardy
    Nationality
    italian

    Italy Portugal Order of Christ Russia Imperial Canada Quebec Spanish Empire (1506-1701) Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by peloponnesian View Post
    I suppose you're talking about paleolithic lineages that are tens of thousands of years old, because ANE hasn't been found in Europe but in Northern Asia. By the same argument one could say PIE is Crown Eurasian, or even African, because that's where all human lineages ultimately come from. In my opinion we should just stick to the Pontic-Caspian steppe and leave the large continents aside, but to each their own, obviously.
    Iím talk about both about genome wide ancestry and ydna. ANE is from northern Asia but most of its ancestry is upper Paleolithic west Eurasian and in particular European upper Paleolithic . ANE was directly present in person in the steppe with one of its younger type that is Afontova Gora dna. WHG was present as a proximate source of PIE too. The comparison with broad crown Eurasian is wrong.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to etrusco For This Useful Post:

     Hando (11-13-2021)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1386
    Last Post: 11-16-2021, 08:40 PM
  2. Genetic Homeland
    By vettor in forum Other
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2021, 01:34 PM
  3. The Bell Beaker Homeland
    By rms2 in forum R1b General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2018, 01:10 PM
  4. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •