Thread: man derived/announced allele factors

Registered Users
    Sex

man derived/announced allele factors

I have a peculiar y test result.. in fact I needed to hide it from others so they do not get confused.
    I have overwhelming evidence I am shipped off into another dimensia
    it is incorrect by about 4000 years.

between ancient grave matching, initial phenotype testing (this helps guide the test to a destination) extremely rare genomic diseases..and autosomal dna still showing up as endogamous from the regions we never left...(very tight in our location)

I cannot accept my results as reality.
    It is not my problem. It is theirs.

FT DNA is quite arrogant in their self declarations. I am embarrassed to have trusted it after all the hours of researching the y700 results.
    I then found a government page on how alleles get identified to be a new subclade..
    that is a man made decision.

rather than argue, I accept my 500 dollar loss..and hide anyone from getting confused at my appearance. as I am by myself anyway.
    they can do what they want to you, like a thug to a homeless man in an alley.

anyone recommend another test?
    if they got the wrong spit tube with my name on it.. my MT DNA test results are not going to be normal either.. it is using the same tube of saliva

wouldn't that be fun ? getting told nether parent is yours...with 3500 cM all by "chance"

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*

What is your terminal haplogroup from your latest test?

Lab sample mix-ups are incredibly rare. You can get a good idea by just doing a cheap test like 23andMe (not Ancestry as their Y component sucks) and comparing the paternal haplogroup and the cost is very low. Or do a test at YSEQnet. They have bulk SNP tests or single SNP tests so you could just retest the SNP from your ftdna haplogroup and see if you get a positive and the cost for that is just 18 dollars. They will test just about any SNP you want, if its not in their catalogue you can do the 'Wish a SNP' request and they will get in the primers for it.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019, Chronomics Jan 2020, Sano Genetics Feb 2020, Nebula Genomics June 2020, YSEQ WGS400 Feb 2022)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A------ (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MacUalraig For This Useful Post:

pmokeefe (12-21-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Cambridge MA / Rome, Italy / San Diego, CA (currently)
    Ethnicity
    Polish/British Isles
    Nationality
    U.S.
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y154732
    mtDNA (M)
    H1
    mtDNA (P)
    J1c2

Poland England Ireland Munster
    One of my relatives did a WGS test and submitted it to yfull. All the closest matches were Eastern European Jews. His father's family emigrated from Palermo, Sicily and were devout Catholics. It's possible that in 1493, when the Jews were expelled from Sicily, one of his ancestors converted. Before this test, no one in his family had any inkling they had a Jewish ancestor. The male line of descent is just one thread that is exponentially diluted autosomally (to first approximation) as the number of past generations increases. My relative is an example which shows it is very much possible that a Y haplogroup could vary dramatically from expectations from autosomal tests and genealogical records.
    The haplogroup from his 23andMe test was consistent with yfull. So that's a good cheap way to detect sample mishaps, as MacUalraig suggested.
    YFull: YF14620 (Dante Labs 2018)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pmokeefe For This Useful Post:

FionnSneachta (12-26-2021),  MacUalraig (12-21-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-FGC29071
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a1b1g*

Ireland England Netherlands Germany France
    Quote Originally Posted by bgd73 View Post
    I have a peculiar y test result.. in fact I needed to hide it from others so they do not get confused.
    I have overwhelming evidence I am shipped off into another dimensia
    it is incorrect by about 4000 years.

between ancient grave matching, initial phenotype testing (this helps guide the test to a destination) extremely rare genomic diseases..and autosomal dna still showing up as endogamous from the regions we never left...(very tight in our location)

I cannot accept my results as reality.
    It is not my problem. It is theirs.

FT DNA is quite arrogant in their self declarations. I am embarrassed to have trusted it after all the hours of researching the y700 results.
    I then found a government page on how alleles get identified to be a new subclade..
    that is a man made decision.

rather than argue, I accept my 500 dollar loss..and hide anyone from getting confused at my appearance. as I am by myself anyway.
    they can do what they want to you, like a thug to a homeless man in an alley.

if they got the wrong spit tube with my name on it.. my MT DNA test results are not going to be normal either.. it is using the same tube of saliva

wouldn't that be fun ? getting told nether parent is yours...with 3500 cM all by "chance"
    You need to be very clear about what you are asking. Big Y sequences a good chunk of your Y DNA. The results are compared with the patterns in other men to determine your placement in the tree. If you share variations from reference with another tester beyond the most recent shared branch it continues to be refined in to a new public branch. This is not a man made decision. This is probabilistic matching base on a signature of shared state changes over 200,000 years.

It's very important to realize this has absolutely nothing to do with the autosomal segments you also mention later. An intercessor 4-5 generations ago could replace the Y DNA in a line and totally lose the foreign autosomal genes in a family tree before the advent of genetic testing to detect it. Statistically I've seen numbers thrown around as high as 1 in 100 are impacted by this.

As the others mentioned, you could do 23andMe test and compare the result. Alternatively, you could test the terminal Y SNP and 1 clade up at YSEQ to see, if they match up with the Big Y for around $40.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesKane For This Useful Post:

FionnSneachta (12-26-2021),  Luso (12-24-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ingrian + Russian
    Nationality
    Swedish, Russian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1b1-Z92
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c3k

Finland Russian Federation Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by bgd73 View Post

Do your results of FamilyFinder test and your parents' results NOT match?
    If they match, but you still think that your Y-haplogroup is wrong, then you can order Y-DNA37 test for your father and see if you will match.

Just taking 23andme, you and your parents, is also a very good idea - you can confirm the results you have got and will be in another database, more matches.
    Last edited by karwiso; 12-26-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>Z56>Z145
    mtDNA (M)
    W5

Netherlands
    It is a bit unclear what your problem is.

In other threads you state being of Irish (and Basque/Italian ?) background. It is unclear to me what the country of origin is of your paternal genealogically researched lineage.

You state you have been assigned L238. Why do you think that is an invalid result? What should it then be according to you? Subclades certainly are older than the adoption of fixed surnames and will not be found back in autosomal results.
    Last edited by Pylsteen; 12-27-2021 at 08:13 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pylsteen For This Useful Post:

FionnSneachta (12-28-2021)