Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Awesome new study on the phylogeny of macrohaplogroup K Y-DNA

Sex
    Omitted

Ust-Ishim came from where IJK later K1 and K2 just had bifurcated according to molecular clock estimates.

it's not my business to make any further exact claims where and when .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yxc For This Useful Post:

kinman (03-04-2017),  parasar (05-21-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Nationality
    Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Yes, but if Ust-Ishim came from Southeast Asia, shouldn't he be closer to Southeast Asians autosomally? He seems ancestral to everybody except Middle Easterners and Africans.

Was he an early unsuccessful adventurer north? With the K2 descendants we see today not expanding for at least a few thousand years after?
    It's really hard to tell who if anyone he is closer to, because Denisovan and basal Eurasian admixture throws things off - and sheer noise:

Yoruba, Ust_Ishim; Atayal, Han +0.0025 +1.106
    Yoruba, Ust_Ishim; Ami, Han -0.0036 -1.91

(unless this is differential admixture with Taiwanese pygmies or something!)

Anyway, he carries both Y hg K and mtDNA R. So whether or not his particular population were successful, his not-too-distant relatives certainly were, and they spread closely related ancestry all over the world.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megalophias For This Useful Post:

kinman (03-04-2017),  parasar (05-21-2015)

Gold Class Member

Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    Sundaland is supposedly the partly sunken SE Asian subcontinent, main remnants of which are the islands west of Wallace's line.
    While I agree with most of Maju's analysis, if you look at Poznik's phylogeny and timeline, F-M89 to K-M526 is fast.
    I doubt any long distance migration could have occurred in such a short period. Therefore I am of the opinion that F-M89 was itself a Sunda line.
    A new paper on this:
    "Given functionality for genome wide autosomal SNPs as discussed above, it is easily
    inferred that most SNPs in Y chr are also non-neutral. We therefore redrew the Y tree based on
    shared alleles, which may mean common physiology more than common adaptations if
    physiology is the chief determinant of MGD. Using 58251 cleanly called SNPs (no individual
    with uncalled SNPs, Supplementary Table S9) and previously defined haplotypes for 1kGP
    samples (Poznik et al., 2016), we found a major megahaplogroup ABCDE (Figure 2).
    Megahaplotype F, defined as lacking any mutations that define other haplotypes, is the ancestor.
    All F-like or F* haplotypes sequenced so far are partial ABCDE carrying 4 (Lahu_HGDP01320),
    13 (Malay_SSM072) or 14 (KHV_HG02040) of the 151 mutations that group ABCDE (Figure 2)
    (Karmin et al., 2015; Mallick et al., 2016; Poznik et al., 2016). The F* haplotype is most common
    in East Asia, present in 5 of 7 (71.4%) Lahu males in Yunnan of South West China (Black et al.,
    2006), 10-15% of Han and other minority Chinese, and low percentages (<10%) in South
    Asians and French. Furthermore, the top 4 individuals among 1kGP closest to the ~45,000 year
    old Western Siberian Ustí-Ishim who carried NO haplotype and was expected to be most like
    the AMH ancestor were all East Asians with Asian haplotypes F and O (F2 in KHV_HG02040,
    O2 in CHB_NA18534, O3 in CHS_HG00559, O3 in KHV_HG02088), indicating least deviation
    from the ancestor for Asian haplotypes (Fu et al., 2014). These three O type East Asian
    individuals also were the closest to the three F* carrying individuals above. These results
    suggest the origin of F in East Asia with subsequent migration to other regions of the world
    (Supplementary Figure S3)."
    http://biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/e...01410.full.pdf

6. The Following User Says Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

kinman (03-04-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-U152>>Z142>>S23458
    mtDNA (M)
    I4a

I have just begun looking at Haplogroup K and its descendants. I am particularly interested in the origin of Haplogroup P.
    Although Luzon is apparently the only location where P*, P1* and rare P2 are now found together (plus significant levels of K2b1), does that necessarily mean that there was a very long westward back-migration before giving rise to Haplogroups Q and R?
    Is it possible Haplogroup P originated in some place like India, and that it is a just an historic fluke that Luzon is now where so many primitive members now reside together? Something like a widespread Haplogroup P (from India to Philippines) and then massive replacement of Haplogroup P men in between by other haplogroups)? Perhaps there was once P*, P1* and rare P2 found together in India as well?
    Last edited by kinman; 03-04-2017 at 03:58 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kinman For This Useful Post:

Nasser (06-08-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

y-hg replacement seems to be the rule rather than the exception. I think certain environments tend to preserve diversity better however, such as those that lend themselves to possessing many small groups of people who have contact only with their neighbors. (I think jungle and maybe islands would fit that)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kale For This Useful Post:

kinman (03-04-2017),  Kristiina (02-25-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Filipino
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA (P)
    P
    mtDNA (M)
    M7C1C3

just got my FTDNA Y12 and it says Confirmed K-M9 Ydna Haplogroup???

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Filipino
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA (P)
    P
    mtDNA (M)
    M7C1C3

Quote Originally Posted by Megalophias View Post
    It's really hard to tell who if anyone he is closer to, because Denisovan and basal Eurasian admixture throws things off - and sheer noise:

Yoruba, Ust_Ishim; Atayal, Han +0.0025 +1.106
    Yoruba, Ust_Ishim; Ami, Han -0.0036 -1.91

(unless this is differential admixture with Taiwanese pygmies or something!)

Anyway, he carries both Y hg K and mtDNA R. So whether or not his particular population were successful, his not-too-distant relatives certainly were, and they spread closely related ancestry all over the world.
    I am Filipino and I share One DNA Segment with Ust-Ishim at 50 SNP and 7Cm. Gedmatch using Ust Ishim kit number One on One
    Last edited by ataneojr1; 02-25-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- Z19945
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Australia Eureka
    Quote Originally Posted by kinman View Post
    I have just begun looking at Haplogroup K and its descendants. I am particularly interested in the origin of Haplogroup P.
    Although Luzon is apparently the only location where P*, P1* and rare P2 are now found together (plus significant levels of K2b1), does that necessarily mean that there was a very long westward back-migration before giving rise to Haplogroups Q and R?
    Is it possible Haplogroup P originated in some place like India, and that it is a just an historic fluke that Luzon is now where so many primitive members now reside together? Something like a widespread Haplogroup P (from India to Philippines) and then massive replacement of Haplogroup P men in between by other haplogroups)? Perhaps there was once P*, P1* and rare P2 found together in India as well?
    correct me if I am wrong , but did karafet state K created in modern "burma" area ..........was it the 2014 or 2015 paper?

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+ )

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y7
    mtDNA (M)
    R30a1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    L-M357
    mtDNA (P)
    J1b1a1

There is another indian in pre-NO K-M2335 in Yfull.tree . The present sample from Kerala doesn't belong to the subgroup the two samples belong to .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BMG For This Useful Post:

parasar (04-24-2018)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213