Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Big-Y Sales?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Posts
    13,888
    Sex
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

    Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by rivergirl View Post
    I have not received the email about the sale or voucher as yet.
    If you use gmail, check your "Promotions" folder. That's where the email from FTDNA was in my case.

  2. #22
    Registered Users
    Posts
    178
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    I - L338/YSC261
    mtDNA (M)
    V

    England Ireland Denmark Sweden Norway
    I don't use gmail.
    FTDNA emails always come straight into my yahoo inbox.
    I have not received anything, as a Big Y tester (my brothers kit) or as a project admin for 5 projects.

  3. #23
    Registered Users
    Posts
    105
    Sex
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Nationality
    Bulgarian
    Y-DNA (P)
    Father J-ZS2566
    mtDNA (M)
    H13a1c

    Bulgaria
    Quote Originally Posted by AJL View Post
    Handling email has never been one of FTDNA's strong suits. The coupons should have bent sent per kit, but from what you say, may have been sent per email: I hope not.
    In fact there was one message per e-mail address, I wrote to helpdesk yesterday and today I received the numbers of the remaining coupons and already used them well.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pillar_of_fire For This Useful Post:

     AJL (06-10-2014),  lgmayka (06-10-2014)

  5. #24
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,718
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar_of_fire View Post
    In fact there was one message per e-mail address, I wrote to helpdesk yesterday and today I received the numbers of the remaining coupons and already used them well.
    I wrote to the special groups address for urgent matters. Janine gave me both of my coupons, but expressed surprise at the problem. I suspect that multiple emails were indeed generated, but then the bulk mail system dropped all but the first to a given address (as it would normally do for, say, bulk mail to project members).

  6. #25
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,337
    Sex
    Location
    Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada
    Ethnicity
    Irish Canadian
    Nationality
    Canada
    Y-DNA (P)
    L513->Z23516>BY11142
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bd

    Canada Ireland Scotland England Ireland County Tipperary Canada Old Newfoundland
    Some surprising but great news for me tonight
    ...I was contacted by one of my NPE dna cousins from the big 'Ulster' Vance family and 3 of them are willing to chip in for a Big Y test for me! They too had an extra coupon so the total was down to 495. Evidently, they consulted with Mike WWW and he felt that given the 2 Vance s that are being tested already, my sample would be the best of the large bunch of the rest of us, to get tested.

    Not completely sure exactly why mine was the best choice, but I sure was pleased as there was no way I could afford the test by myself as I am right in the middle of a huge landscaping project at my house. I was able to scrape up enough to help make this happen and I guess that is half the purpose of this post.

    Teamwork really can help make these things affordable, so don't be afraid to reach out to your 'internet cousins', as they say..."many hands make light work"

    Thanks to Dave, Grace and especially the 'organizer' Marilyn of the many Vance lines.

    Mike
    Furthest Y line=Patrick Whealen 1816-1874, b.Tipperary Co. Ire. d. Kincardine Ont.

    Y-DNA-RL21-L513-Z23516-BY11142('lost Irish 'C' boys?')

    FTDNA=P312+ P25+ M343+ M269+ M207+ M173+ L513+ U198- U152- U106- SRY2627- P66- P107- M73- M65- M37- M222- M18- M160- M153- M126- L705- L577- L193- L159.2- L1333-
    Big-Y=Z23516+
    23&me=L21+
    E.A.= S21-, S26-, S28-, S29-, S68-
    Geno 2 (N.G.P.) H1bd+

    Whalen/Phelan DNA Surname Project
    Hidden Content

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeWhalen For This Useful Post:

     AJL (06-12-2014),  Geolocke (06-12-2014),  Pillar_of_fire (06-12-2014),  rivergirl (06-12-2014),  rms2 (06-12-2014)

  8. #26
    Banned
    Posts
    13,888
    Sex
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

    Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWhalen View Post
    Some surprising but great news for me tonight
    ...I was contacted by one of my NPE dna cousins from the big 'Ulster' Vance family and 3 of them are willing to chip in for a Big Y test for me! They too had an extra coupon so the total was down to 495. Evidently, they consulted with Mike WWW and he felt that given the 2 Vance s that are being tested already, my sample would be the best of the large bunch of the rest of us, to get tested.

    Not completely sure exactly why mine was the best choice, but I sure was pleased as there was no way I could afford the test by myself as I am right in the middle of a huge landscaping project at my house. I was able to scrape up enough to help make this happen and I guess that is half the purpose of this post.

    Teamwork really can help make these things affordable, so don't be afraid to reach out to your 'internet cousins', as they say..."many hands make light work"

    Thanks to Dave, Grace and especially the 'organizer' Marilyn of the many Vance lines.

    Mike
    Lucky!

    Man!

  9. #27
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,337
    Sex
    Location
    Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada
    Ethnicity
    Irish Canadian
    Nationality
    Canada
    Y-DNA (P)
    L513->Z23516>BY11142
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bd

    Canada Ireland Scotland England Ireland County Tipperary Canada Old Newfoundland
    I was, luck of the Irish for sure!
    ... and within 24 hours, everyone ponied up the money to Mike WWW's L513 project and he successfully put in the order for me...so now the big wait!

    2-3 months from what I glean from others posts?

    Mike

    Quote Originally Posted by rms2 View Post
    Lucky!

    Man!
    Furthest Y line=Patrick Whealen 1816-1874, b.Tipperary Co. Ire. d. Kincardine Ont.

    Y-DNA-RL21-L513-Z23516-BY11142('lost Irish 'C' boys?')

    FTDNA=P312+ P25+ M343+ M269+ M207+ M173+ L513+ U198- U152- U106- SRY2627- P66- P107- M73- M65- M37- M222- M18- M160- M153- M126- L705- L577- L193- L159.2- L1333-
    Big-Y=Z23516+
    23&me=L21+
    E.A.= S21-, S26-, S28-, S29-, S68-
    Geno 2 (N.G.P.) H1bd+

    Whalen/Phelan DNA Surname Project
    Hidden Content

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeWhalen For This Useful Post:

     R.Rocca (06-12-2014),  rms2 (06-13-2014)

  11. #28
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,289
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Euro/Near East
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP4516/YP4807*
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2a3

    Canada Franco-Manitoban European Union Ottoman Empire Russia Imperial United States Grand Union
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWhalen View Post
    Some surprising but great news for me tonight
    ...I was contacted by one of my NPE dna cousins from the big 'Ulster' Vance family and 3 of them are willing to chip in for a Big Y test for me! They too had an extra coupon so the total was down to 495. Evidently, they consulted with Mike WWW and he felt that given the 2 Vance s that are being tested already, my sample would be the best of the large bunch of the rest of us, to get tested.
    Mike, did you get this guy to kick a few bucks in?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9Y6gunB3A

     

    Other ancestral Y lines:

    E1b-M81 Ukraine (Ashkenazi)
    E1b-V13 England
    I1-M253 Ireland
    I2-M423 Ukraine
    R1a-L176.1 Scotland
    R1b-L584 Syria/Turkey (Sephardi)
    R1b-L20 Ireland
    R1b-L21 (1)England; (2)Wales?>Connecticut
    R1b-L48 England
    R1b-P312 Scotland
    R1b-FGC32576 Ireland

    Other ancestral mtDNA lines:

    H1b2a Ukraine (Ashkenazi)
    H6a1a3 Ukraine
    K1a9 Belarus (Ashkenazi)
    K1c2 Ireland
    V7a Ukraine

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJL For This Useful Post:

     Mehrdad (06-12-2014),  rms2 (06-13-2014)

  13. #29
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,337
    Sex
    Location
    Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada
    Ethnicity
    Irish Canadian
    Nationality
    Canada
    Y-DNA (P)
    L513->Z23516>BY11142
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bd

    Canada Ireland Scotland England Ireland County Tipperary Canada Old Newfoundland
    ummm, dont think he has been tested yet so he might not be of our line


    M

    Quote Originally Posted by AJL View Post
    Mike, did you get this guy to kick a few bucks in?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9Y6gunB3A

    Furthest Y line=Patrick Whealen 1816-1874, b.Tipperary Co. Ire. d. Kincardine Ont.

    Y-DNA-RL21-L513-Z23516-BY11142('lost Irish 'C' boys?')

    FTDNA=P312+ P25+ M343+ M269+ M207+ M173+ L513+ U198- U152- U106- SRY2627- P66- P107- M73- M65- M37- M222- M18- M160- M153- M126- L705- L577- L193- L159.2- L1333-
    Big-Y=Z23516+
    23&me=L21+
    E.A.= S21-, S26-, S28-, S29-, S68-
    Geno 2 (N.G.P.) H1bd+

    Whalen/Phelan DNA Surname Project
    Hidden Content

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeWhalen For This Useful Post:

     AJL (06-12-2014),  Mehrdad (06-12-2014),  rms2 (06-13-2014)

  15. #30
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,718
    Sex

    Save any unused coupons!

    Perhaps I was not the only one who initially misread the FTDNA Big Y $100-off coupons. Any unused coupons remain valid for another year.
    ---
    Conditions: The Big Y coupon can be redeemed only 1 time. It cannot be combined with other Big Y coupons and expires on 6/17/2015.
    ---

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to lgmayka For This Useful Post:

     AJL (06-19-2014)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FGC sales or discounts?
    By Jean-Pierre in forum Full Genomes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2019, 03:08 AM
  2. 2016 DNA Sales
    By nawafalsulami in forum Other
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-17-2018, 04:59 PM
  3. 2017 DNA sales
    By Tomenable in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-31-2017, 08:20 PM
  4. DNA Day 2017 - Sales!
    By AntG in forum Other
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2017, 01:58 AM
  5. FTDNA Summer Sales
    By Scarlet Ibis in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 01:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •