Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Icelandic R2-Y130994

  1. #21
    Registered Users
    Posts
    506
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a2b1 (SK522+)
    mtDNA (M)
    T1

    Quote Originally Posted by Platonitzsche View Post
    I have read before about R2 being linked with CHG, specificaly to their ancient north eurasian ancestry.I personaly think it is a possibility , the R south of the caucasus mutated into R2 , the one north of it into R1.
    Maybe some R2 made it to Europe with EEF, that absorbed these chg lineages in central-east anatolia.
    Pre-pottery groups in the levant did have some of this more northern ancestry.
    Yea there are two scenarios that I personally favor. It either originated somewhere south of the Caucasus (This can include areas like east Anatolia and northwest Iran), or the other location would be South Central Asia where the BMAC civilizations existed.

    The current ancient DNA data shows the oldest samples being in the Middle East, so it's very possible that the R ancestor crossed the Caucasus, and south of that R2 mutated.

    Quote Originally Posted by capsian View Post
    Is impossible this samples sons adventurous arab merchant because is seems to in G25 his profile genetic North-European maybe R-Y130994 and L-BY106184 related a CHG or Yamnaya or EEF ?
    Not an Arab merchant, but seeing how R2a was present in ancient Rome 1000+ prior to this sample, I would say whatever autosomal Middle Eastern roots that were there likely vanished by the time this Viking lived.

  2. #22
    Registered Users
    Posts
    359
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Nationality
    Hellenic
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a>FGC65155
    mtDNA (M)
    H
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a (L621)
    mtDNA (P)
    V

    Byzantine Empire Greece Cyprus Greek Macedonia Empire of Trebizond
    How about these R2s? As an R2a originating in northwestern Anatolia Im very much interested in this haplogroup's origins. I have my results since 2008 and yet haven't had any 12/12 match at ftdna, just 11/12 or 10/12 from Armenia.

    https://bmcecolevol.biomedcentral.co...471-2148-11-69

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chatzianastasoglou For This Useful Post:

     capsian (12-08-2022),  Platonitzsche (12-08-2022)

  4. #23
    Suspended Account
    Posts
    961
    Sex
    Location
    north africa
    Ethnicity
    berber
    Nationality
    Morocco
    aDNA Match (1st)
    gun012
    aDNA Match (2nd)
    gun011
    aDNA Match (3rd)
    gun002
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-A30032(xY141667)
    mtDNA (M)
    V25b*

    Morocco Algeria Byzantine Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    Yes that is what Pribislav thought too - "so we don't know the status of M123, Z36113, Y31991, and most importantly FT179548 and FT377116, to which the Udegram samples belong."

    But it has a confirmed negative call on E-PF1962 level per ytree.com.
    Yeah this subclade https://discover.familytreedna.com/y...-FT377116/tree belong under Y31991
    38.4 Mesolithic_North_Africa
    37.4 Anatolia_Barcin_Neolithic
    9.6 Levant_Natufian
    5.8 Caucasian_Neolithic
    4.6 Basal_Central/West_African
    2.2 West-Pontic_Steppe__Eneolithic_Sredny-Stog_Culture
    1.2 Wales_Meso
    0.4 CHN_Mid-Yellow-River_Mid-Neolithic_YangShao_Culture
    0.4 PER_LaGalgada_4100BP

  5. #24
    Suspended Account
    Posts
    961
    Sex
    Location
    north africa
    Ethnicity
    berber
    Nationality
    Morocco
    aDNA Match (1st)
    gun012
    aDNA Match (2nd)
    gun011
    aDNA Match (3rd)
    gun002
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-A30032(xY141667)
    mtDNA (M)
    V25b*

    Morocco Algeria Byzantine Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasso29 View Post
    Yea there are two scenarios that I personally favor. It either originated somewhere south of the Caucasus (This can include areas like east Anatolia and northwest Iran), or the other location would be South Central Asia where the BMAC civilizations existed.

    The current ancient DNA data shows the oldest samples being in the Middle East, so it's very possible that the R ancestor crossed the Caucasus, and south of that R2 mutated.



    Not an Arab merchant, but seeing how R2a was present in ancient Rome 1000+ prior to this sample, I would say whatever autosomal Middle Eastern roots that were there likely vanished by the time this Viking lived.
    I said is is impossible this samples son adventurous arab merchant
    38.4 Mesolithic_North_Africa
    37.4 Anatolia_Barcin_Neolithic
    9.6 Levant_Natufian
    5.8 Caucasian_Neolithic
    4.6 Basal_Central/West_African
    2.2 West-Pontic_Steppe__Eneolithic_Sredny-Stog_Culture
    1.2 Wales_Meso
    0.4 CHN_Mid-Yellow-River_Mid-Neolithic_YangShao_Culture
    0.4 PER_LaGalgada_4100BP

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to capsian For This Useful Post:

     Gentica277282 (12-08-2022)

  7. #25
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    9,296

    Quote Originally Posted by capsian View Post
    Yeah this subclade https://discover.familytreedna.com/y...-FT377116/tree belong under Y31991
    Yes FT377116 is under Y31991, but Rakhigarhi I2487 is not confirmed positive for M123, Z36113, Y31991, FT179548, FT377116

    I2487 is P147+, P177+, M35+ and PF1962+

    Plus the Rakhigarhi I2487 sample is confirmed negative for one SNP at the PF1962 level, which means it splits the PF1962 string and can't be positive for any of the current SNP's downstream of that string (https://discover.familytreedna.com/y...-CTS10298/tree)

    See also Roopkund 15 https://discover.familytreedna.com/y-dna/E-S12033/tree
    Last edited by parasar; 12-08-2022 at 03:12 PM.

  8. #26
    Registered Users
    Posts
    506
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a2b1 (SK522+)
    mtDNA (M)
    T1

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatzianastasoglou View Post
    How about these R2s? As an R2a originating in northwestern Anatolia Im very much interested in this haplogroup's origins. I have my results since 2008 and yet haven't had any 12/12 match at ftdna, just 11/12 or 10/12 from Armenia.

    https://bmcecolevol.biomedcentral.co...471-2148-11-69
    You're FGC65155+ correct? Under the R2 YFull it shows a sample from Armenia and another one from Saudi Arabia that fall under your clade. But it seems like your main branch (R-Y106645) is indeed uncommon. The vast majority that fall under R2a tend to be in the other branch (R-Y3370). Under your branch I only see 4 in yfull, the two I mentioned and the other two are from Iran and China.

    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y82803/

    As far as those STR results go, they're useless if you're only comparing 12.

    Quote Originally Posted by capsian View Post
    I said is is impossible this samples son adventurous arab merchant
    Yea I was just reiterating what you were saying, sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Tomasso29; 12-08-2022 at 05:40 PM.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomasso29 For This Useful Post:

     capsian (12-08-2022),  Chatzianastasoglou (12-08-2022)

  10. #27
    Registered Users
    Posts
    245
    Sex
    Location
    States'
    Ethnicity
    ethiosomali
    Nationality
    American

    United States San Francisco Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by Platonitzsche View Post
    I have read before about R2 being linked with CHG, specificaly to their ancient north eurasian ancestry.I personaly think it is a possibility , the R south of the caucasus mutated into R2 , the one north of it into R1.
    Maybe some R2 made it to Europe with EEF, that absorbed these chg lineages in central-east anatolia.
    Pre-pottery groups in the levant did have some of this more northern ancestry.
    I highly doubt that EEF absorbed any CHG. The higher possibility is propably an ancestral lineage of CHG (WHG-like). But it had to be pretty minor. And no ANE has been detected in EEFs as well to top it off.
    Last edited by Freb; 12-08-2022 at 05:50 PM.

  11. #28
    Registered Users
    Posts
    359
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Nationality
    Hellenic
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a>FGC65155
    mtDNA (M)
    H
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a (L621)
    mtDNA (P)
    V

    Byzantine Empire Greece Cyprus Greek Macedonia Empire of Trebizond
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasso29 View Post
    You're FGC65155+ correct? Under the R2 YFull it shows a sample from Armenia and another one from Saudi Arabia that fall under your clade. But it seems like your main branch (R-Y106645) is indeed uncommon. The vast majority that fall under R2a tend to be in the other branch (R-Y3370). Under your branch I only see 4 in yfull, the two I mentioned and the other two are from Iran and China.

    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y82803/

    As far as those STR results go, they're useless if you're only comparing 12.



    Yea I was just reiterating what you were saying, sorry for the confusion.
    The Iranian seems to be Kurd? If you click on it it shows „Kordestan“. The Chinese is a big surprise though isn’t it?

  12. #29
    Registered Users
    Posts
    138
    Sex
    aDNA Match (1st)
    0.03302383 Iberia_West_Monteda_Nora:R10491
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b-L283
    mtDNA (M)
    H3c

    Quote Originally Posted by Freb View Post
    I highly doubt that EEF absorbed any CHG. The higher possibility is propably an ancestral lineage of CHG (WHG-like). But it had to be pretty minor. And no ANE has been detected in EEFs as well to top it off.
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-FGC61612*/

    https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Z36829/

    Neolithic european farmers did have significant J2a ydna, wich aparently originated among CHG groups.
    So I donīt thing it is unlikely other eastern lineages were present among then, such as R2.
    If in the autossomal analyses we canīt detect ANE dna that doesnīt preclude the possibility of some monoparental markers among EEF as coming previously from ANE bearing groups, such as it was the case for CHG.

    For example, i have seem some brasilians with a native american mtdna , but no detectable native american autossomal dna.
    Also you wonīt find any detectable EHG ancestry in R1b bearing west africans around lake chad.
    Last edited by Platonitzsche; 12-09-2022 at 03:34 AM.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Platonitzsche For This Useful Post:

     Cescut (12-09-2022),  parasar (12-09-2022)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. The Icelandic factor
    By firemonkey in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2019, 12:42 PM
  2. Checkfits for my top individual Icelandic matches
    By firemonkey in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2019, 04:59 PM
  3. Icelandic haplotypes - why the secrecy?
    By Yggdrasil in forum General
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 08:48 AM
  4. Guide to the classics: the Icelandic saga
    By JMcB in forum The Arts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 05:39 PM
  5. Icelandic DNA
    By Erik in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-21-2014, 02:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •