Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: J1c3

  1. #21
    Registered Users
    Posts
    234
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    CEU
    mtDNA
    J1c3i

    United States of America
    I'm J1c3f and definitely not colonial but Irish.
    Here's another source you can use for reference:
    http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_..._sequences.htm

    Good luck on your FMS test! FTDNA is behind on Phylotree nomenclature so make sure you get your Fasta file and run it though the James Lick mtdna analysis tool to double check. My J1c3i shows up as J1c3 on my FMS test with my J1c3i mutations as extras. Also, consider submitting your results to Genbank to further the understanding of mtdna J:
    http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/Submission.htm


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little bit For This Useful Post:

     Jessie (05-18-2015)

  3. #22
    Registered Users
    Posts
    774
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b-SRY2627
    mtDNA
    J1c8a

    United States Gadsden Devon Germany Bayern Northern Ireland Germany Palatinate Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    I'm J1c3f and definitely not colonial but Irish. I've just ordered the Mtdna Full Sequence so it should be interesting to see if this gives me more details. I've already done the MTDNA Plus for HVR1 and HVR2. With HVR1 my exact matches are with people in Norway and Sweden and with HVR2 someone in Canada and the US. Hopefully this will give me a more in depth information.
    You should display it on your mtDNA info! We're an elite group
     
    Y-DNA : R1b-P312>DF27>Z196>L176.2>Z262>SRY2627*

    mtDNA : J1c8

    Lactase Persistence: rs4988235 - AA rs182549 - TT

    EEF 49.22068981
    WHG 35.89409732
    ANE 14.88521287


    Eurogenes K7:
    WHG 61.67%
    ENF 19.35%
    ANE 15.21%


    Ysearch - ky8wb

    ftdna - 151463

    23andMe - M936999

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gray Fox For This Useful Post:

     Jessie (05-19-2015)

  5. #23
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,574
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA
    M222 (S588)
    mtDNA
    J1c3f

    Ireland Australia Ireland County Tipperary
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Isaack View Post
    You should display it on your mtDNA info! We're an elite group
    Will do. I'll update when I have new info.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessie For This Useful Post:

     Gray Fox (05-19-2015)

  7. #24
    Registered Users
    Posts
    774
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b-SRY2627
    mtDNA
    J1c8a

    United States Gadsden Devon Germany Bayern Northern Ireland Germany Palatinate Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by Little bit View Post
    Here's another source you can use for reference:
    http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_..._sequences.htm

    Good luck on your FMS test! FTDNA is behind on Phylotree nomenclature so make sure you get your Fasta file and run it though the James Lick mtdna analysis tool to double check. My J1c3i shows up as J1c3 on my FMS test with my J1c3i mutations as extras. Also, consider submitting your results to Genbank to further the understanding of mtdna J:
    http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/Submission.htm

    Quite a few Danes in the J1c8 camp. Thanks for sharing!
     
    Y-DNA : R1b-P312>DF27>Z196>L176.2>Z262>SRY2627*

    mtDNA : J1c8

    Lactase Persistence: rs4988235 - AA rs182549 - TT

    EEF 49.22068981
    WHG 35.89409732
    ANE 14.88521287


    Eurogenes K7:
    WHG 61.67%
    ENF 19.35%
    ANE 15.21%


    Ysearch - ky8wb

    ftdna - 151463

    23andMe - M936999

  8. #25
    Junior Member
    Posts
    1
    Sex

    Timeline for J1c3?

    Do we have a source for approximate dating of the emergence of J1c3? My cousin is J1c3c (with FTDNA), and she is asking me wehere that woman fits in the human timeline.

    millsted

  9. #26
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,574
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA
    M222 (S588)
    mtDNA
    J1c3f

    Ireland Australia Ireland County Tipperary
    I've just had my mtdna FMS test come through and I'm classified as J1c3f (which I knew anyway but good to get the confirmation). The interesting thing is the genetic distance and it appears quite eastern to me. So 11 - 25 generations ago I shared an ancestor with someone from Norway and the Russian Federation. Anyone else got any insight on this?

    Genetic Distance - 1
    Country
    Norway
    Russian Federation

    Genetic Distance - 2
    Country
    Norway
    Sweden
    United Kingdom
    England
    Germany
    France
    Ireland
    Hungary

    Genetic Distance - 3
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    England
    France
    Germany
    Ireland
    Norway
    Poland
    Russian Federation
    Last edited by Jessie; 06-03-2015 at 06:36 AM.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jessie For This Useful Post:

     Calamus (06-03-2015),  Gray Fox (06-03-2015),  Helgenes50 (06-03-2015),  Krefter (06-04-2015)

  11. #27
    Senior Member
    Posts
    142
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    England
    Y-DNA
    R1a Z284 YP398*
    mtDNA
    W1g

    England Poland Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    I've just had my mtdna FMS test come through and I'm classified as J1c3f (which I knew anyway but good to get the confirmation). The interesting thing is the genetic distance and it appears quite eastern to me. So 11 - 25 generations ago I shared an ancestor with someone from Norway and the Russian Federation. Anyone else got any insight on this?

    Genetic Distance - 1
    Country
    Norway
    Russian Federation

    Genetic Distance - 2
    Country
    Norway
    Sweden
    United Kingdom
    England
    Germany
    France
    Ireland
    Hungary

    Genetic Distance - 3
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    England
    France
    Germany
    Ireland
    Norway
    Poland
    Russian Federation
    I'm betting on a Scandinavian origin, possibly.
    Ancestry - 7/8ths English 1/8th Polish.

    An anaylysis by Davidski
    "You fit into what I call the North Sea cluster, which includes people who live around the North Sea, like those from eastern England and Scotland, the northern Netherlands, northwest Germany, and western Scandinavia."

    "On my system your best population fit is:
    East English, Norwegian, North Dutch
    "57% indigenous European hunter-gatherer and 42% Neolithic farmer"

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wulf Warrior For This Useful Post:

     Calamus (06-03-2015),  Helgenes50 (06-03-2015),  Jessie (06-03-2015)

  13. #28
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,574
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA
    M222 (S588)
    mtDNA
    J1c3f

    Ireland Australia Ireland County Tipperary
    Yes possibly. The matches to Norway of 1 genetic distance and 2 genetic distance have the same name ending in datter. I presume that is daughter. I guess it could be Viking related.

    There are actually 3 different matches with the same surname so that's interesting.
    Last edited by Jessie; 06-03-2015 at 08:50 AM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessie For This Useful Post:

     Calamus (06-03-2015)

  15. #29
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    113
    Sex
    Location
    Eastern Norway
    Nationality
    Norwegian
    Y-DNA
    I1-FGC9462
    mtDNA
    H1b1-T16362C

    Norway Sweden Finland Denmark Norway Kven Sami
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Yes possibly. The matches to Norway of 1 genetic distance and 2 genetic distance have the same name ending in datter. I presume that is daughter. I guess it could be Viking related.

    There are actually 3 different matches with the same surname so that's interesting.
    Yes, datter is daughter. Prior to the 1923 naming law most Norwegians didn't have a surname as they used the patronymic naming system.

    Would one of your Norwegian J1c3f matches be Marit Olsdatter? This is my 3rd cousins mtDNA line.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calamus For This Useful Post:

     Gray Fox (06-04-2015),  Jessie (06-04-2015)

  17. #30
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,574
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA
    M222 (S588)
    mtDNA
    J1c3f

    Ireland Australia Ireland County Tipperary
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamus View Post
    Yes, datter is daughter. Prior to the 1923 naming law most Norwegians didn't have a surname as they used the patronymic naming system.

    Would one of your Norwegian J1c3f matches be Marit Olsdatter? This is my 3rd cousins mtDNA line.
    Yes it is Marit Olsdatter. She is a 1 step match to me on full sequencing. My goodness what a small world.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jessie For This Useful Post:

     Calamus (06-04-2015),  Gray Fox (06-04-2015)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •