Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: All tests at YSEQ with 50% discount today

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    247
    Sex
    Omitted

    All tests at YSEQ with 50% discount today

    Germany is the FIFA World Champion!
    We're so proud of our team and therefore we want to share our luck with you!
    Every YSEQ test is 50% off. Only today!
    Use the coupon code DEUTSCHLAND !

    http://shop.yseq.net

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brygian For This Useful Post:

     Alessio B. Bedini (07-14-2014),  Dr_McNinja (07-14-2014),  lgmayka (07-14-2014),  Silesian (07-14-2014)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,242
    Sex
    Location
    North Florida
    Ethnicity
    Pred.Iberian/Italian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z279(xM153)
    mtDNA (M)
    L2a1a3c

    United States of America Spain Basque Italy Portugal Cuba
    I'm seriously thinking about buying a couple of these test, since they are 50% off, I don't mind putting 40 bucks for 2 of the test. Now, which ones should I choose given that I know the following:

    My paternal lineage is Basque, per 23andme I am R1b-L11, but I wasn't tested for R1b-P312, however I know I am not R1b-U106, or R1b-L21 plus its sublineage R1b-M222, or R1b-U152 or its sublineage R1b-L2. I also know I am not R1b-SRY2627, nor R1b-M65, nor R1b-M153. So me thinks I should perhaps get R1b-DF27, but which other one should I get? What's the best option for me??

  4. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    247
    Sex
    Omitted

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanL View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about buying a couple of these test, since they are 50% off, I don't mind putting 40 bucks for 2 of the test. Now, which ones should I choose given that I know the following:

    My paternal lineage is Basque, per 23andme I am R1b-L11, but I wasn't tested for R1b-P312, however I know I am not R1b-U106, or R1b-L21 plus its sublineage R1b-M222, or R1b-U152 or its sublineage R1b-L2. I also know I am not R1b-SRY2627, nor R1b-M65, nor R1b-M153. So me thinks I should perhaps get R1b-DF27, but which other one should I get? What's the best option for me??
    Putting L11+, U106-, L21-, M222-, U152-, L2-, SRY2627-, M65-, M153- in http://ytree.morleydna.com/predict may give you some clues. Maybe you should ask in the R1b subforum.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to brygian For This Useful Post:

     jeanL (07-14-2014)

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3,959
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    Italo-Iberian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152+L2+FGC10543
    mtDNA (M)
    H4a1-T152C!

    United States of America Italy 1861-1946 Spain
    Is Paypal the only payment method YSEQ accepts? No direct payment with credit cards?
    Paternal: R1b-U152 >> L2 >> FGC10543 >> PR5365, Pietro Rocca, b. 1559, Agira, Sicily, Italy
    Maternal: H4a1-T152C!, Maria Coto, b. ~1864, Galicia, Spain
    Mother's Paternal: J1+ FGC4745/FGC4766+ PF5019+, Gerardo Caprio, b. 1879, Caposele, Avellino, Campania, Italy
    Father's Maternal: T2b-C150T, Francisca Santa Cruz, b.1916, Garganchon, Burgos, Spain
    Paternal Great (x3) Grandfather: R1b-U106 >> L48 >> CTS2509, Filippo Ensabella, b.~1836, Agira, Sicily, Italy

  7. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    162
    Sex
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-FGC6419
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1j
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-BY67296

    United States of America Switzerland Netherlands Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard A. Rocca View Post
    Is Paypal the only payment method YSEQ accepts? No direct payment with credit cards?
    I paid with a credit card, but had to wait a few days for it to be verified.

  8. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,120
    Sex
    Location
    USA-NC
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2961>ZZ30>ZP106
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1c1

    United States of America United States Tree Flag Bermuda United Kingdom France Italy
    edit: Lost the original thread, razyn's post may be more useful then this one, dp :-)

    Dear JeanL,
    If you've had the Y-DNA STR DYS492 tested and it's come off =12, then the odds are 95% that you are P312+ [96% of U106+ have DYS492=13].
    {Source: ISOGG Wiki Western Atlantic Modal Haplotype, RE: Tim Janzen, Rootsweb Genealogy DNA, Nov 2012.}

    PS: I noticed you are testing DF27, which is greatest in Iberia. Other P312 branches that are more prevalent there too are: P312(xU152, L21)
    {Source: "Y chromosome R1b founders" NM Myers et al (2010) European Journal of Human Genetrics; (2011) 19:98}
    I think these branches are defined by L238, DF19 and DF99.

    Hope this helps,
    David Powell
    dp :-)
    Last edited by dp; 07-15-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    Grace and good eure and long prosperitee. [Lydg. Mum. Goldsmiths]

    ysearch/mitosearch id: atr94 GENBANK/ENA mtDNA id: KF703542 member ISOGG

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to dp For This Useful Post:

     jeanL (07-15-2014)

  10. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,242
    Sex
    Location
    North Florida
    Ethnicity
    Pred.Iberian/Italian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z279(xM153)
    mtDNA (M)
    L2a1a3c

    United States of America Spain Basque Italy Portugal Cuba
    Quote Originally Posted by David Powell View Post
    edit: Lost the original thread, razyn's post may be more useful then this one, dp :-)

    Dear JeanL,
    If you've had the Y-DNA STR DYS492 tested and it's come off =12, then the odds are 95% that you are P312+ [96% of U106+ have DYS492=13].
    {Source: ISOGG Wiki Western Atlantic Modal Haplotype, RE: Tim Janzen, Rootsweb Genealogy DNA, Nov 2012.}

    PS: I noticed you are testing DF27, which is greatest in Iberia. Other P312 branches that are more prevalent there too are: P312(xU152, L21)
    {Source: "Y chromosome R1b founders" NM Myers et al (2010) European Journal of Human Genetrics; (2011) 19:98}
    I think these branches are defined by L238, DF19 and DF99.

    Hope this helps,
    David Powell
    dp :-)
    Thanks I ordered DF27 and P312, and I will probably order a couple more based upon how those two come out. I should get the kits in a couple of days.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to jeanL For This Useful Post:

     dp (07-16-2014)

  12. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    377
    Sex

    Canada
    Which is the best test to get from YSEQ? What do they show differently?

  13. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    167
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    See flags below
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b->DF27->A7080
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1f

    United States of America Germany Imperial Austrian Empire Germany Palatinate Scotland Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Which is the best test to get from YSEQ? What do they show differently?
    Specialized YDNA SNPs not offered elsewhere.

  14. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    377
    Sex

    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by thetick View Post
    Specialized YDNA SNPs not offered elsewhere.
    What advantage does that give me to get one of those tests?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. YSEQ offers mtDNA tests
    By zarkusa in forum YSEQ
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2020, 07:09 AM
  2. DNA Discount
    By curiousII in forum Other
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-22-2019, 11:09 PM
  3. 15% discount on all tests $99 or more?
    By lgmayka in forum FTDNA
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-19-2015, 08:37 AM
  4. YSEQ has lowered the price for single SNP tests by 50%!
    By Alessio B. Bedini in forum Other
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 06:51 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •