Thread: H5'36

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-P311, U152-
    mtDNA (M)
    H5'36

H5'36

Hello,

I am awaiting full testing, but after reviewing my original testing, I think that I am H5'36. My results were quite simple

HVR1 DIFFERENCES FROM rCRS

CRS

HVR2 DIFFERENCES FROM rCRS

263G
    315.1C
    456T

From what I can tell, H5'36 is inbetween H and H5 or H36. I assume that this means that H5'36 is fairly old - or at least older than H5.

FTDNA shows that I have 9 matches, but I can't believe that those are exact matches. 4 of my matches are shown as H5'36. I haven't been able to find any exact HVR1&2 exact matches online. I also haven't been able to find much information on the web on H5'36, so I assume that it is not very common.

Joel

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2a1

H5'36 is a paragroup that include H5, H36 and several unnamed suclades that are parallel to H5 and H36.

I'm one of volunteers for the H5 project - You can join the H5 mtDNA project, and when the results are complete I can compare with others in the project.

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-P311, U152-
    mtDNA (M)
    H5'36

Thanks Gail, that would be great. I can't figure out any other place I would likely be even though FTDNA has me as just H as this point. Seem like someone came up with H5 and then realized there was a H5'36 and H36 later.

Joel

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ger.-Brit.-Catalan-more
    Nationality
    (U.S.) American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-YP619*
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bg

United Kingdom Germany Bayern Catalonia France Ireland Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by GailT View Post
    H5'36 is a paragroup that include H5, H36 and several unnamed suclades that are parallel to H5 and H36.

I'm one of volunteers for the H5 project - You can join the H5 mtDNA project, and when the results are complete I can compare with others in the project.
    So that explains it! I was puzzled as to why "H5'36" as "parent" of H5. I suppose that an alternative might be to simply call it H5 and rename all the subclades, but I can see where this would be apt to cause more problems than it would be worth.
    Besides British-German-Catalan, ancestry includes smaller amounts of French, Irish, Swiss, Choctaw & another NA tribe, possibly Catawba. Avatar picture is: my father, his father, & his father's father; baby is my eldest brother.

GB

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    German-Swedish
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-Z74
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a
    mtDNA (P)
    H5'36

Germany Poland Sweden Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by GailT View Post

I'm also H5'36, where can I find this H5 mtDNA project?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*

H5'36 is what you get at 23andMe if you are H5r... you can figure it out from the raw data if you have a little dig around.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019, Chronomics Jan 2020, Sano Genetics Feb 2020, Nebula Genomics June 2020)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A828783 (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT