Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tajik-Pashtun
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a2d

Greater Khorasan Saffarid Dynasty Ghaznavid Dynasty Late United States of America Afghanistan Tajikistan

Origin/Distribution of L1/L1a

My paternal haplogroup is L1-M27/L1a according to 23andme. My father is an ethnic Tajik from Panjsher province in Afghanistan. Does anyone have more info on this subclade and haplogroup L in general?

8 out of the 13 Baloch participants in this Y-DNA study on Afghanistan exhibit it:
    Last edited by Rukha; 08-28-2014 at 01:49 AM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rukha For This Useful Post:

bored (08-28-2014),  BuffGeniusGuy (08-28-2014),  Coldmountains (02-14-2015),  Deftextra (12-11-2016),  jesus (08-28-2014),  NK19191 (09-19-2014),  palamede (08-30-2014),  paulgill (05-14-2015),  Sein (08-28-2014)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tajik-Pashtun
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a2d

Greater Khorasan Saffarid Dynasty Ghaznavid Dynasty Late United States of America Afghanistan Tajikistan
    This is kind of interesting:

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2013/10...mosome-of.html

Present Y chromosomes support the Persian ancestry of Sayyid Ajjal Shams al-Din Omar and Eminent Navigator Zheng He

Chuan-Chao Wang et al.

Sayyid Ajjal is the ancestor of many Muslims in areas all across China. And one of his descendants is the famous Navigator of Ming Dynasty, Zheng He, who led the largest armada in the world of 15th century. The origin of Sayyid Ajjal's family remains unclear although many studies have been done on this topic of Muslim history. In this paper, we studied the Y chromosomes of his present descendants, and found they all have haplogroup L1a-M76, proving a southern Persian origin.
    Last edited by Rukha; 09-21-2014 at 02:39 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rukha For This Useful Post:

Dr_McNinja (02-05-2015),  jesus (10-21-2014),  NK19191 (09-21-2014),  paulgill (05-14-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tamil

Chola Empire India India Maratha Empire North Korea Kazakhstan Dravida Nadu
    It most likely originated via the basal eurasian migration(SW asian type ENF). Judging by its distrobution, it is very likely the haplogroup carried by the original dravidian speakers

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tamilgangster For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (05-14-2015),  Rukha (02-18-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y7
    mtDNA (M)
    R30a1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    L-M357
    mtDNA (P)
    J1b1a1

Who do you think original Dravidian speakers are ? At least presently its maximum diversity is in north eastern part of Dravidian speaking area . L1 though appears to be younger and less diverse than R1a when I look into the str values
    Last edited by BMG; 02-13-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    Other known uniparental markers .
    Paternal grandmother's side Ydna - C-K96
    Maternal grandmother's side Ydna- J-L26(possibly J-PF5197)
    Paternal grandfather's mtdna :HV
    Paternal grandmother's father's mtdna : M5a1
    Maternal grandfather's mtdna :M5a

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tamil

Quote Originally Posted by BMG View Post
    Who do you think original Dravidian speakers are ? At least presently its maximum diversity is in north eastern part of Dravidian speaking area . L1 though appears to be younger and less diverse than R1a when I look into the str values
    Whats makes me assume thats its the original dravidians is that the areas its peaks in are around the indus valley and in the south. Also judging from the face it is also found around the persian gulf area, I think this haplogroup might have basal eurasian affinities related to SW asian type ENF

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z93
    mtDNA (M)
    H28 (UA/GAC)

Quote Originally Posted by tamilgangster View Post
    Whats makes me assume thats its the original dravidians is that the areas its peaks in are around the indus valley and in the south. Also judging from the face it is also found around the persian gulf area, I think this haplogroup might have basal eurasian affinities related to SW asian type ENF
    We can only speculate which language was orginally spoken by L carriers but if i am not wrong L is also quite frequent among Kalash and Burusho in the Hindukush. Even in Tajikistan not few have it but i dont know if Dravidians had any presence there. The origin of Dravidians is very mysterious and some assume that they orginated once in Balutschistan, where L peaks today. But the association of proto-dravidians with any haplogroup is speculative as long as there are no ancient samples tested there
    Last edited by Coldmountains; 02-14-2015 at 10:56 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

Rukha (02-18-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tamil

Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    We can only speculate which language was orginally spoken by L carriers but if i am not wrong L is also quite frequent among Kalash and Burusho in the Hindukush. Even in Tajikistan not few have it but i dont know if Dravidians had any presence there. The origin of Dravidians is very mysterious and some assume that they orginated once in Balutschistan, where L peaks today. But the association of proto-dravidians with any haplogroup is speculative as long as there are no ancient samples tested there
    True its speculative, but it has as much validity as saying that haplogroup R is associated with indoeuropeans. Associating linguistic groups with haplgroups has a logical fallacy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tamilgangster For This Useful Post:

vettor (02-19-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tajik-Pashtun
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a2d

Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    Could L be connected to migration from the BMAC region into Balochistan and South Asia?

Some scholars have suggested that the characteristically BMAC artifacts found at burials in Mehrgarh and Baluchistan are explained by a movement of peoples from Central Asia to the south.[125]

Jarrige and Hassan argue instead that the BMAC artifacts are explained "within the framework of fruitful intercourse" by "a wide distribution of common beliefs and ritual practices" and "the economic dynamism of the area extending from South-Central Asia to the Indus Valley."[126]

According to Bryant, the exclusively Central Asian BMAC material inventory of the Mehrgarh and Baluchistan burials is "evidence of an archaeological intrusion into the subcontinent from Central Asia during the commonly accepted time frame for the arrival of the Indo-Aryans".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Ar...lex_.28BMAC.29

Fredrik T. Hibert, "South Asia from a Central Asian Perspective." The Indo-Aryans of Ancient South Asia: Language, Material Culture and Ethnicity, edited by George Erdosy

http://books.google.com/books?id=A6Z...page&q&f=false
    Last edited by Rukha; 02-18-2015 at 12:33 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rukha For This Useful Post:

paulgill (05-14-2015),  vettor (02-19-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Rukha View Post
    Could L be connected to migration from the BMAC region into Balochistan and South Asia?

Fredrik T. Hibert, "South Asia from a Central Asian Perspective." The Indo-Aryans of Ancient South Asia: Language, Material Culture and Ethnicity, edited by George Erdosy

Doubt it. The distribution of L in South Asia looks very western as opposed to northern.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to newtoboard For This Useful Post:

A Norfolk L-M20 (06-19-2016),  BMG (02-22-2015),  Rukha (02-23-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- Z19945
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a1

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Austria Tirol Australia Eureka
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukha View Post

i tend to agree with you

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, Y70078+ )

18. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

Rukha (02-21-2015)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast