Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me interpreting my 23andme results

Sex

Help me interpreting my 23andme results

Just received my results from 23andMe. I am a beginner to this, and would therefore need help to interpret my first results.
    Mother: Swedish
    Father: Unknown (very grateful if anyone can identify his exact origin!)

MATERNAL LINE: T2B
    PATERNAL LINE: E1B1B1B2A

Standard:

Speculative:

Thanks!

Registered Users
    Sex

United States of America Iran United States of America Iran
    I think Your Dad seems to be a North African ( Algerian may be).

edit. But you really should upload your raw data at Gedmatch.com; in addition, you should send your raw data to Dr. McDonald. You should also check your DNA relatives and your "countries of ancestry tools" for more clues.
    Last edited by NK19191; 09-06-2014 at 01:41 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NK19191 For This Useful Post:

AJL (09-06-2014)

Registered Users
    Sex

Ottoman Empire European Union
    He must be from North Africa / Middle East with a smaller portion of European blood.

Sex

But 0,3% Middle Eastern doesn't indicate for that? And only maximim 35% is North African. Where is the rest?

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by NK19191 View Post
    I think Your Dad seems to be a North African ( Algerian may be).

edit. But you really should upload your raw data at Gedmatch.com; in addition, you should send your raw data to Dr. McDonald. You should also check your DNA relatives and your "countries of ancestry tools" for more clues.
    Okej, but what is the rest %? Only maximum 35% is North African.

Countries of ancestral tools is:
    Sweden, Norway, England, Switzerland, Italy, Moldavia, Belarus

Registered Users
    Sex

United States of America Iran United States of America Iran
    Quote Originally Posted by bonair View Post

Countries of ancestral tools is:
    Sweden, Norway, England, Switzerland, Italy, Moldavia, Belarus

I don't think your Ancestry composition is unusual for Algerians ( Kabyle) and Europeans mixes. But please check with others who know more than I do.
    Last edited by NK19191; 09-06-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex

Ottoman Empire European Union
    Quote Originally Posted by bonair View Post
    35% is yours and if your mother supposedly has 0% North African it means your father has 70% North African and nearly 30% European blood. So it is likely that he has some grandparent(s) from South European who intermarried with North African. That grandparent could have come for example during French occupation or Ottoman rule. This came to my mind but there are many other possibilities.

I am not sure if your paternal line E1B1B1B2A is from the Berber branch which is typical for Morocco, Algeria and Tunis. If I am not wrong E1B1B1B2A means M123 which has its strongest presence in Ethiopia and around Palestine. On the other hand, there is no solid indication that he might come from the Levant. I would say he may pass for Moroccan, Algerian, Tunisian and less likely Libyan or Egyptian.
    Last edited by zulkif; 09-06-2014 at 08:09 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zulkif For This Useful Post:

Alanson (09-12-2014),  Scarlet Ibis (09-06-2014)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    E-Y37093
    mtDNA
    F2f2

Azerbaijan
    Father: Unknown (very grateful if anyone can identify his exact origin!)
    Order Y-DNA67 at FTDNA. That is the only way to find out the ancestral lineage of your father.
    What is E1b1b1b2a? E-M34 or E-M81?

Based on your autosomal results it seems he was E-M81. Without Y-STR haplotype I can not answer you who was him.
    He seems to be:
    - Berber or
    - Morisco or
    - Guanchee-ancestral Spaniard or
    - Moroccan Jew
    ???

Y-DNA67 is needed.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Farroukh For This Useful Post:

AJL (09-06-2014),  Alanson (09-12-2014),  NK19191 (09-06-2014),  Scarlet Ibis (09-06-2014)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by zulkif View Post
    35% is yours and if your mother supposedly has 0% North African it means your father has 70% North African and nearly 30% European blood. So it is likely that he has some grandparent(s) from South European who intermarried with North African. That grandparent could have come for example during French occupation or Ottoman rule. This came to my mind but there are many other possibilities.

I am not sure if your paternal line E1B1B1B2A is from the Berber branch which is typical for Morocco, Algeria and Tunis. If I am not wrong E1B1B1B2A means M123 which has its strongest presence in Ethiopia and around Palestine. On the other hand, there is no solid indication that he might be from the Levant. I would say he may pass for any North European or Levantine like Moroccan, Algerian, Tunisian, Libyan, Egyptian, Palestinian, Jordanian, Syrian, Lebanese. More accent I would put on Tunis, Algeria, Morocco and probably also Libya and Egypt.
    My Haplogroup E1b1b1b2a is M165, subgroup of M81, which is a berber marker. So my grandfather is probably of Berber origin. Middle east i scored only 0,3%. And sour european only 2%. So can my fathers grandparent be another european land`? I had nothing on France, which had many lived in Algeria Before. But its a mysterious..

I Pass as a pigmented central european, or very well in south europe. France/Spain. I Have no SSA or arabid mixture visible.

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Farroukh View Post
    Order Y-DNA67 at FTDNA. That is the only way to find out the ancestral lineage of your father.
    What is E1b1b1b2a? E-M34 or E-M81?

Based on your autosomal results it seems he was E-M81. Without Y-STR haplotype I can not answer you who was him.
    He seems to be:
    - Berber or
    - Morisco or
    - Guanchee-ancestral Spaniard or
    - Moroccan Jew
    ???

Y-DNA67 is needed.
    Yes, E1b1b1b2a is a subgroup of the bigger M81 Group.
    Whats the exactly different of the 67 test you recommended? Do you have a print screen on what they well? How long take it for getting an answer?
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast