Thread: R1b-CTS9219

Banned
    Sex
    Nationality
    Shqiptar
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219

YSEQ’s response on regards to my Y18959 order, they deemed it not stable:

‘Unfortunately your wished SNP is located in a region which has a very high homology to a fragment on chromosome 1. Due to the high frequency of recombination events which can occur this SNP is not stable.
    Therefore we do not recommend to analyze this SNP’

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skerdilaidas For This Useful Post:

Joe B (07-03-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS9219
    mtDNA
    U4a

Quote Originally Posted by Skerdilaidas View Post
    YSEQ’s response on regards to my Y18959 order, they deemed it not stable:

‘Unfortunately your wished SNP is located in a region which has a very high homology to a fragment on chromosome 1. Due to the high frequency of recombination events which can occur this SNP is not stable.
    Therefore we do not recommend to analyze this SNP’
    This is true, there is a theoretical probability of such recombination. However, the random selection of 176 samples from R1b Basal Subclades project shows that all positive samples (10 of 176) belong to the single Y18959 branch. Such results would be not possible in a case of the significant real recombination in this region. So, the practical results are not in an agreement with the YSEQ assumption.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smal For This Useful Post:

Joe B (07-03-2018)

Banned
    Sex
    Nationality
    Shqiptar
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219

Quote Originally Posted by smal View Post
    This is true, there is a theoretical probability of such recombination. However, the random selection of 176 samples from R1b Basal Subclades project shows that all positive samples (10 of 176) belong to the single Y18959 branch. Such results would be not possible in a case of the significant real recombination in this region. So, the practical results are not in an agreement with the YSEQ assumption.
    So all samples under BY611 and Y5587 that have done NGS tests are consistent? Even yfull seems to have rated it high. Unfortunately YSEQ is not adding it so therefore not able to test it as an individual SNP.

From my Y Elite:
    Last edited by Skerdilaidas; 07-03-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by DCBarry View Post
    I've been told perhaps there is some Arbereshe ancestry, perhaps Arvanite, but it's all conjecture (although interesting). I do know that my most distant male ancestor is Alessandro Bisaccia, from Volturara Italy circa 1858.
    DCBarry, do you mind sharing the source of this information? Is it a collective family memory or did someone find some data on this? I know that in Italy they have demographic and tax registers archived in the capital of each province or at the medieval capital of the local political entity.

There are a few locations in Puglia that were settled by Albanians of Skanderbeg with the permission of Ferdinand of Naples. They were of the orthodox faith (like Arvanites) and one of their settlements was Casalvecchio, which is very close to Volturara. If you happen to know anyone from there, maybe it would be possible to verify this connection it real.
    Last edited by Ownstyler; 07-20-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910