Ethnicity
    European blend
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1a1 L664/YP5623
    mtDNA
    U5b2b2/G228A

United States of America European Union Norway Austrian Empire United Kingdom Germany Imperial
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyP37 View Post
    I just noticed James Lick, of the MTDNA haplogroup predictor, is listed as one of my GEDmatch matches. Same e-mail listed as the one he uses on his website. I also learned from my Ancestry Tree that I am descended from the female religious reformer Anne Hutchinson. Through her daughter Susanna Hutchinson Cole, who married John Cole and moved to my home state of Rhode Island. Among her descendants is a great-grandson, Revolutionary Captain John Potter; I am descended from him through two of his children.
    A few years ago I erroneously thought my maternal line went back there, and included a line of John Potter going back to England. I spent a lot of time on that branch before I discovered how wrong I was. Well, the branch seems to have been valid. But I wasn't actually connected to it, ha ha.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1a1 L664/YP5623
    mtDNA
    U5b2b2/G228A

United States of America European Union Norway Austrian Empire United Kingdom Germany Imperial
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore1937 View Post
    I found another, but indirect, connection to Daniel Boone. While I have him as my first cousin six times removed, I am sort of connected to his wife by the same Linville "tribe". His wife, Rebecca Ann Bryan's father's second wife (not her mother) was a Linville. But hey, they were one big presumably happy "family" back then. Just to put it in perspective, that Linville line via a female Hart line leads back to Joane Shakespeare, sister of that Bard of Avon, William Shakespeare. The mayor of my town is also a Linville. But that surname is presumably from her husband.
    I see I am wrong about the Mayor's surname. She herself is a Linville. Her husband has another last name.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546