Thread: ANE Autosomal DNA Component Likely From Eastern European Hunter-Gatherers

J Man

ANE Autosomal DNA Component Likely From Eastern European Hunter-Gatherers

It is seeming more likely all the time now that the ANE (Ancient North Eurasian) autosomal component when seen in modern day Europeans, Near Easterners, and Caucasians (Caucasus) likely has an origin among the Upper Paleolithic/Mesolithic hunter-gatherer populations of Eastern Europe which in turn contributed their genes to the early Yamna population (Indo-Europeans) who then spread this component around in many directions so that is is found all over Europe, the Near East and the Caucasus today.

Thoughts?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to J Man For This Useful Post:

Hando (12-07-2014)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    L21
    mtDNA (M)
    H

I agree although I also believe ANE was a relatively late arrival from Siberia into eastern Europe c. 9000BC-8000BC after the Younger Dryas/around the start of the Mesolithic. I dont think it was carried by the native Gravettian and epi-Gravettian upper palaeolithic hunters who lived and chased mammoths in SE Europe/the western steppe area c.30000-9000BC. I think ANE spent much of that period bottled up in the Altai area. IMO its really a Siberia lineage in origin.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan For This Useful Post:

Hando (12-07-2014)

J Man
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I agree although I also believe ANE was a relatively late arrival from Siberia into eastern Europe c. 9000BC-8000BC after the Younger Dryas/around the start of the Mesolithic. I dont think it was carried by the native Gravettian and epi-Gravettian upper palaeolithic hunters who lived and chased mammoths in SE Europe/the western steppe area c.30000-9000BC. I think ANE spent much of that period bottled up in the Altai area. IMO its really a Siberia lineage in origin.
    Well there is a possibility that it arrived in Eastern Europe around 9000-8000 BC from Siberia but I think it could possibly be older there too. I bet the Samara hunter-gatherers from Russia will turn out to have a lot of ANE among them once they are fully tested.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to J Man For This Useful Post:

Hando (12-07-2014)