English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    I BY34648.
    mtDNA
    T2c1-t146!

England United Kingdom
    I am very fortunate in that the paper trail on my direct Stevenson line is pretty strong, mainly due to the family living in or around Ruddington, just south of Nottingham, since the late 1500's. My paternal Grandmothers family are once again from Notts. Taking her direct maternal line I can go to 5th Great Grandmother. I got my Dad to test his MTDNA line so I could find out my Grandma's Haplogroup and this came out as H1t. Had this confirmed via a female Canadian Cousin who tested with 23 and Me.

On my Mum's side of the family I can go back to my 6th Great Maternal Grandmother tracing the direct female line. Once again they all come from Nottinghamshire. My maternal Grandfather's family (Surname of Higgs) originally came from the Bristol area, later moving to Notts in 1902.

Cheers, Ade.
    Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 11-21-2016 at 09:40 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Stevenson For This Useful Post:

Amerijoe (11-22-2016),  JMcB (11-22-2016)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    I BY34648.
    mtDNA
    T2c1-t146!

England United Kingdom
    This is my autosomal data from Britains DNA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Stevenson For This Useful Post:

Amerijoe (11-22-2016),  dp (11-28-2016),  JMcB (11-22-2016)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA
    H6a1a8

East Anglia England European Union
    Just because I'm interested particularly in finding other English, with known deep local ancestry, may I ask, any record of any Irish, Welsh, Scottish, Cornish - or any known non English in the paper record at all? I'm very East Anglian, and SE English. However, there are so very few English testers with no family history of other. Some autosomal indicators give me a lot of Southern European. Other English have reported this. On ancient DNA tests, we also often score slightly low Ancient North Eurasian, and slightly high Early Neolithic Farmer compared with Irish, Scottish, or Scandinavians. Some suggest that this originates in late prehistory with unknown migration from the south, or perhaps Romano-British. Others including Dienekes suggests medieval French admixture. It might not affect you so much in Nottinghamshire, it'll be very interesting to see. FT-DNA Family Finder My Origins is pretty quirky on Europeans. I scored 32% Southern European though. I hope to see your results.

Paul
    yDNA: L1b2c L-SK1414 (Oxon/Berks at Generation 9)
    mtDNA: H6a1a8 (Norfolk at Generation 9)
    Hidden Content .

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A Norfolk L-M20 For This Useful Post:

Adrian Stevenson (11-21-2016),  Amerijoe (11-22-2016),  dp (11-28-2016),  JMcB (11-22-2016)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    I BY34648.
    mtDNA
    T2c1-t146!

England United Kingdom
    Hi Paul, no Irish, Scots, Welsh or Cornish in my tree. (Although we now have a Scottish Stevenson branch of the family care of my Great Uncle Dennis Stevenson, who moved to Hawick after the war) We are very Nottingham centric.

Cheers, Ade.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Stevenson For This Useful Post:

A Norfolk L-M20 (11-21-2016),  JMcB (11-22-2016)

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English, Scottish & Irish
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    I-A13243
    mtDNA
    H1e2

England Scotland Ireland United States of America Vatican Germany Schleswig-Holstein
    Hello Adrian,

Good luck with your search! As a fellow I1 member, I'm looking forward to seeing your results. Unfortunately, since Nordtvedt retired there doesn't seem to be lot going on as far as I1 research is concerned. Be that as it may, with the help of some coupons and the points on my credit card, I finally took a leap or faith and purchased a BigY test. Hopefully, it'll help me figure out how my forefathers arrived in Galloway.

If not now, perhaps in the future sometime.

Regards, John
    Last edited by JMcB; 11-22-2016 at 01:09 AM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JMcB For This Useful Post:

A Norfolk L-M20 (11-22-2016),  Adrian Stevenson (11-22-2016),  dp (11-28-2016),  JonikW (05-20-2017)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    I BY34648.
    mtDNA
    T2c1-t146!

England United Kingdom
    Hi John, I look forwards to seeing your results too.

Cheers, Ade.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Stevenson For This Useful Post:

JMcB (11-22-2016),  sgdavies@hotmail.com (11-22-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Welsh,+ flags
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    R1a- Z283 - Y128147
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1a

Wales Scotland Ireland Cornwall United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi John, I look forwards to seeing your results too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Adrian, allot of the Brits and Irish People with this heritage on here have purchased the LivingDNA test, which claims to show with high resolution which part of these sceptered Isles you come from. As well as looking deep into your haplogroups and origins.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgdavies@hotmail.com For This Useful Post:

Adrian Stevenson (11-22-2016),  JMcB (11-22-2016)

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    I-A13243
    mtDNA
    H1e2

England Scotland Ireland United States of America Vatican Germany Schleswig-Holstein
    Quote Originally Posted by sgdavies@hotmail.com View Post
    Hi Adrian, allot of the Brits and Irish People with this heritage on here have purchased the LivingDNA test, which claims to show with high resolution which part of these sceptered Isles you come from. As well as looking deep into your haplogroups and origins.
    I've also taken that test and I'm awaiting it's results with anticipation. And I have a feeling that I'll probably learn more from my LivingDna test than I will from BigY, which I think will take a lot more deciphering. Nevertheless, I will gladly post whatever comes to light.
    Last edited by JMcB; 11-22-2016 at 08:13 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMcB For This Useful Post:

dp (11-28-2016),  sgdavies@hotmail.com (11-22-2016)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    I BY34648.
    mtDNA
    T2c1-t146!

England United Kingdom
    I have been reading the thread on the new Living DNA test and I am waiting to see what kind of results come in. I may well take the plunge on this.

Cheers, Ade.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Adrian Stevenson For This Useful Post:

sgdavies@hotmail.com (11-22-2016)

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    I-A13243
    mtDNA
    H1e2

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have been reading the thread on the new Living DNA test and I am waiting to see what kind of results come in. I may well take the plunge on this.

Cheers, Ade.
    I have a feeling once they start rolling in, we'll be seeing a lot of posts with people's results and impressions. Hopefully, it won't be long now.
    Last edited by JMcB; 11-23-2016 at 12:28 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMcB For This Useful Post:

Adrian Stevenson (11-23-2016),  sgdavies@hotmail.com (11-22-2016)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast