Page 117 of 442 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 4411

Thread: Waves of migration into South Asia

  1. #1161
    Registered Users
    Posts
    982
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    +1

    Nepalis have less IVC related ancestry and more recent steppe ancestry IMO

    How much y-J does Nepal have as a %?
    Idk if that's the case, especially if you compare my results with Poi's results in k25 calculator. But if you go by HarappaWorld calculator, then yes it's true that we score more steppe than IVC. Idk about the actual percentage, but so far in my relatives list all Rimals are J-M67 & all Pokharels are J-M231. Not all surnames are tested, so the results could change once we samples more surnames. Usually what I find in Nepali Brahmins case is that one surname has exactly one Haplogroup tied to it. But obviously surnames like Sharma, Upadhyay, etc. can have different Haplogroups because those surnames aren't tied to ancestry.

    Most of us are R1a1a (R-M417), followed by R2 (R-L266), according to my 23andme relatives list.

    Edit: I meant to say J-M241.
    Last edited by pnb123; 12-09-2017 at 06:42 AM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pnb123 For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (12-09-2017),  parasar (12-09-2017)

  3. #1162
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3,633
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M30
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-L295

    Quote Originally Posted by pnb123 View Post
    Idk if that's the case, especially if you compare my results with Poi's results in k25 calculator. But if you go by HarappaWorld calculator, then yes it's true that we score more steppe than IVC. Idk about the actual percentage, but so far in my relatives list all Rimals are J-M67 & all Pokharels are J-M231. Not all surnames are tested, so the results could change once we samples more surnames. Usually what I find in Nepali Brahmins case is that one surname has exactly one Haplogroup tied to it. But obviously surnames like Sharma, Upadhyay, etc. can have different Haplogroups because those surnames aren't tied to ancestry.

    Most of us are R1a1a (R-M417), followed by R2 (R-L266), according to my 23andme relatives list.
    Poi is slightly different to the average

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmoney For This Useful Post:

     pnb123 (12-09-2017),  poi (12-10-2017)

  5. #1163
    Registered Users
    Posts
    338

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    Im confused about South India @ >38ka, i thought the >65ka route that went to Australia came through southern India via the southern coastal route migration

    Also interesting that southern China/SE Asia received a 120-70ka migration almost twice as old as Australia who everyone assumes is the earliest pop out of Africa - there are some very ancient humans in this region would be amazing to get a hold of that adna
    I don't know about the southern coastal route (I keep reading on forums from time to time that there has been consistently low archaeological evidence for the southern coastal route, especially in the Indian subcontinent) but the maps do date a layer of the Jwalapuram site to 85-75 ka and construe it as representing modern humans, no? Though the layer does not have any Homo sapiens fossils? Some other things that are interesting are the non-Neanderthal and non-Denisovan hominins which the first migration people encountered (no information in the map of any likelihood of interbreeding/ and the success/failure of such interbreeding)- the green people: Homo erectus of India, I remember reading; don't know if I'm correct (And they seem to have been localised pretty much only to the Maharashtra area- perhaps the mapmakers are going only by the Narmada hominin evidence if I' not wrong).

    Edit: I meant southern coastal route in the literal and strict sense of a movement clinging to the entire Indian coast properly; I don't know how that term is actually used- if you look at the thing in the maps from a sort of world-level perspective, it appears that the southern route is definitely considered a reality in the maps, even if not perfectly coastal in India.
    Last edited by anthroin; 12-09-2017 at 03:13 AM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthroin For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (12-09-2017),  redifflal (12-09-2017)

  7. #1164
    Registered Users
    Posts
    982
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    L is almost non-existent in eastern India and Nepal
    Yes, it's because Haplogroup L is mostly concentrated around IVC region. I think groups like Jats probably have in higher amount because they have historically lived closed to IVC sites. Even other castes in North India do not show much of this Haplogroup.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to pnb123 For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (12-09-2017)

  9. #1165
    Registered Users
    Posts
    982
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    Poi is slightly different to the average
    If you look at my k25, I score around 15% South Central Asian, Poi only scored about 4% of that. I'm surprised that I scored more than MonkeyDLuffy who lives closer to South Central Asia than I do. Also, my Gujarati C & D are elevated. I am also getting some West Slavic (5%), while Poi is getting none. I think two samples aren't enough to draw any conclusion, so we may need a result from Gyanwali and draw conclusion based on his results.

  10. #1166
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3,633
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M30
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-L295

    Quote Originally Posted by pnb123 View Post
    If you look at my k25, I score around 15% South Central Asian, Poi only scored about 4% of that. I'm surprised that I scored more than MonkeyDLuffy who lives closer to South Central Asia than I do. Also, my Gujarati C & D are elevated. I am also getting some West Slavic (5%), while Poi is getting none. I think two samples aren't enough to draw any conclusion, so we may need a result from Gyanwali and draw conclusion based on his results.
    No offense to Kurd but Im not sure about the SC Asian vs Central Asian split in K25, i liked his K12 ancientsbetter

    But agree we need more Nepali Brahmin samples to draw a conclusion on whether you or poi are an anomaly - IIRC gyanwali was similar to you

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to bmoney For This Useful Post:

     MonkeyDLuffy (12-09-2017)

  12. #1167
    Banned
    Posts
    440
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2A2 (R-P267)
    mtDNA (M)
    M52A

    Quote Originally Posted by pnb123 View Post
    If you look at my k25, I score around 15% South Central Asian, Poi only scored about 4% of that. I'm surprised that I scored more than MonkeyDLuffy who lives closer to South Central Asia than I do. Also, my Gujarati C & D are elevated. I am also getting some West Slavic (5%), while Poi is getting none. I think two samples aren't enough to draw any conclusion, so we may need a result from Gyanwali and draw conclusion based on his results.
    Question is, is that South Central Asian category differentiated well enough in resolution for the appropriate time to not be carrying the Tibetan populating of Nepal? My guess is the resolution is poor if you're getting higher in this category than monkey.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redifflal For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (12-09-2017),  MonkeyDLuffy (12-09-2017),  Zayd (12-09-2017)

  14. #1168
    Registered Users
    Posts
    982
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by redifflal View Post
    Question is, is that South Central Asian category differentiated well enough in resolution for the appropriate time to not be carrying the Tibetan populating of Nepal? My guess is the resolution is poor if you're getting higher in this category than monkey.
    I guess the Tibetan component is categorized under East Asian, Polar, & Siberian admixture, which I've at 4% or so altogether. Sapporo, who is Punjabi (Jatt?) is scoring 35% South Central Asian, so I guess it doesn't include any Tibetan admixture.

    Edit: it probably is swappable with Central Asian 2 type admixture.
    Last edited by pnb123; 12-09-2017 at 03:31 AM.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pnb123 For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (12-09-2017),  MonkeyDLuffy (12-09-2017),  redifflal (12-09-2017)

  16. #1169
    Banned
    Posts
    440
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2A2 (R-P267)
    mtDNA (M)
    M52A

    How do you guys see the results of the aDNA from Nepal positing the modern Sherpas, Tibetans and some other groups in Yunnan province as plotting closest to the remains found in Nepal? This is the first aDNA findings from the subcontinent.

  17. #1170
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3,633
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M30
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-L295

    Quote Originally Posted by redifflal View Post
    How do you guys see the results of the aDNA from Nepal positing the modern Sherpas, Tibetans and some other groups in Yunnan province as plotting closest to the remains found in Nepal? This is the first aDNA findings from the subcontinent.
    They are not relevant to Paharis IMO - supports what these guys say that Paharis are recent migrants to the area

    Maybe relevant to the Madesh/TB mix who existed prior to the Paharis

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bmoney For This Useful Post:

     pnb123 (12-09-2017),  poi (12-10-2017),  redifflal (12-09-2017)

Page 117 of 442 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2020, 09:38 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2018, 09:16 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2017, 04:01 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •