Page 93 of 441 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Waves of migration into South Asia

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    David is a blogger, he is not the final word lol. From Iron Age Iran you expect an increase in Levantine dna in Iran but , Steppe shoots up and and Iran_N goes up in some groups. BMAC were largely Iran_N , because their descendants in SC Asia were the first to mix Indo Iranian nomads , and their Zagrosian ancestry comes out overwhelmingly Iran_N like, exception being Yagnobis, who are way more Iran_Chl.

distance%=0.3402 / distance=0.003402

Tajik_Rushan

Srubnaya 49.6
    Iran_N 31.4
    Kyrgyz 12.3
    Iran_ChL 4.9
    Paniya 1.7
    Sintashta 0.0
    Andronovo 0.0

distance%=0.4176 / distance=0.004176

Pashtun_Afghanistan (South)

Iran_N 37.4
    Srubnaya 36.3
    Paniya 14.8
    Kyrgyz 6.2
    Iran_ChL 5.3
    Sintashta 0.0
    Andronovo 0.0

--
    What's interesting is that David did not acknowledge this in my conversation with him, rather he suggested a later influx of Neolithic Iranian genes.

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L657 >BY160158
    mtDNA (M)
    M30g
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a-L657 >Y6
    mtDNA (P)
    U2C1

Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    We do not know whether the Andhra area Ikshavakus were in anyway related to the Scythians or even the mythological Ikshavakus of Ayodhya or the Okkakas of the Terai. The first Ikshavaku claims to be a Vasisthiputr. In that time-frame that was the lineage format. It is supposed by some historians to be a matriarchy (Vasisthi rather that Vasisth) lineage period, but I am not convinced.

The Vasisth are of course one of the main Rg Vedic lines, and we do have a Jatak where the Malls of the Ayodhya region claim to be Vasetthas. https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/vasettha
    So maybe there is a connection, but very tenuous at best.
    Slightly off topic, but every time I hear "-kkakka" and "-ttatta", my Prakrit detector goes bonkers.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

bmoney (11-25-2017),  parasar (11-22-2017),  tipirneni (11-22-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by poi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but every time I hear "-kkakka" and "-ttatta", my Prakrit detector goes bonkers.
    Is Prakrit the language which came after Sanskrit?

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L657 >BY160158
    mtDNA (M)
    M30g
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a-L657 >Y6
    mtDNA (P)
    U2C1

Quote Originally Posted by Xehanort View Post
    Is Prakrit the language which came after Sanskrit?
    The traditional thinking is that old Vedic Sanskrit gave way to Classic Sanskrit, which became Hinduism's official language, whereas common people spoke more 'naturally ', not 'refined' like Sanskrit was and the priests were reciting chants. Prakrits eventually led to all (?) Indo Aryan languages.

Sanskrit literally means cultured/refined. Prakrit means natural/wild.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (11-23-2017),  tipirneni (11-22-2017),  Xehanort (11-22-2017),  Zayd (11-22-2017)

Banned
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    What does this admixture show up as in calculators?
    Scythian geneflow can show up as anything depending on what references a calculator based on moderns uses. If you mean what is their differrentiating characteristic when compared with EMBA or LMBA steppe groups such as Yamna, Srubna, Sintashta, and Andronovo, then it would be their elevated Iranian and Siberian based admixture. indicating significant admixture with peoples from Siberia and the Iran region (at least for W Scythians that I have analyzed).

However, keep in mind that Scythian substructure varied considerably between W and E Scythians, with the latter having a heavy dose of E Eurasian admixture, and that we only have a couple of half-way decent W Scythians, one of which I have diploid genotyped myself (Volga river Scythian on my website) and analyzed at length. Scythian I0247 (Volga river) recovered close to the border of Kazakhstan and Russia shared the most alleles and drift with some Iraqi Kurds from W Asians http://www.eurasiandna.com/2017/10/0...e-ancient-dna/ using IBS, and dstats. This was also supported by f3s and haplotype sharing. Iraqi Kurds were on the same level as Tajiks, and close to Tatars (highest shared drift for this W Scythian sample).

It would be interesting to analyze samples from the Afghanistan area if and when they are recovered. Presumably they will share high drift with Tajiks, Pashtuns, and some Punjabis.

As far as picking up their Siberian signature on calculators based on moderns, that would get lost between the various Siberian admixed moderns such as Caucasians, C and SC Asians that are used to generate the calculator. For example, take those Iraqi Kurds who share one of the highest drifts with Scythian I0247. Letís say that 247 had 15% Siberian admixture and ancestors for those Iraqi Kurds were 20% Scythian admixed. Then we are talking 15% x 0.2 = 3% Siberian admixture for those Kurd ancestors. All or part of this 3% can easily get accounted for by the Caucasian, C and SC Asian score of those Kurds in those calculators. You get the idea....

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kurd For This Useful Post:

bmoney (11-22-2017),  parasar (11-22-2017),  poi (11-22-2017),  tipirneni (11-22-2017),  Varun R (11-22-2017)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    India Andhra Kamma Telugu
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA (P)
    HM82 Z5890+CTS8144+
    mtDNA (M)
    U2a1a
    Y-DNA (M)
    HM69

United States of America India
    Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    We do not know whether the Andhra area Ikshavakus were in anyway related to the Scythians or even the mythological Ikshavakus of Ayodhya or the Okkakas of the Terai. The first Ikshavaku claims to be a Vasisthiputr. In that time-frame that was the lineage format. It is supposed by some historians to be a matriarchy (Vasisthi rather that Vasisth) lineage period, but I am not convinced.

The Vasisth are of course one of the main Rg Vedic lines, and we do have a Jatak where the Malls of the Ayodhya region claim to be Vasetthas. https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/vasettha
    So maybe there is a connection, but very tenuous at best.
    The Satavahana dynasty during 250BC to 200AD had Queens that had Vasithi Gautami etc as names. Their capitals in Maharashtra and Andhra named Amaravati after Indra & their army had Buddhist ikshvaku generals that were there since Maurya army
    Last edited by tipirneni; 11-22-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex

Pretty doubtful that the ikshvakus have anything to do with the scythians. The chief eastern clans of kosala, vaishali and videha as well as minor kshatriya families allied to them all seem to have shared a common origin myth tracing their origin through ikshvaku and manu to the sun

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Nationality
    Bangladeshi
    Y-DNA (P)
    H

Bangladesh Italy Italy Veneto Republic of Venice
    Interesting! That means those 2-5% Siberian i got in various calculators is not from E Asians entirely but also from EHG.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zayd For This Useful Post:

bmoney (11-22-2017)

Banned
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Zayd View Post
    Interesting! That means those 2-5% Siberian i got in various calculators is not from E Asians entirely but also from EHG.
    I would rephrase to populations to the north which are both EHG and Siberian admixed
    Last edited by Kurd; 11-22-2017 at 01:56 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kurd For This Useful Post:

bmoney (11-22-2017),  tipirneni (11-22-2017),  Varun R (11-22-2017),  Zayd (11-22-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M30
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-L295

Quote Originally Posted by Kurd View Post
    I would rephrase to populations to the north which are EHG admixed
    What is the pure MA-1 admixture component of EHG?

EDIT: and what was the order of admixture ie who came first
    Last edited by bmoney; 11-22-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Page 93 of 441 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast