Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol

Ftdna FF new indicators

I noticed that Ftdna have new indicators on each person you match on FF..........there is even a blue font ..X-Match

query about my wifes matches

she has people who are on X-chromosome but have no "x-match"

She has 3rd cousins with no matrix match and no "x-match"

and she has this below ..............all people are noted as "x-match", but none appear on x-chromosome, they ALL appear in the exact same area in chromosome 12 and they all match on matrix ............but they are all 5th cousins and none of their surnames match.

where does one start with these mayhem .............or is this matrix and chromosome #12 issue an error

My Path = ( K-M9+, LT-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483+ )

Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-CTS6397 yDna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtDna
    Son's mtDna = K1a4p

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2961>ZZ30>ZP106
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1c1

United States of America United States Tree Flag Bermuda United Kingdom France Italy
    I hadn't done one of those matches in a while. Thanks for letting us know of the changes.
    dp :-)
    Grace and good eure and long prosperitee. [Lydg. Mum. Goldsmiths]

ysearch/mitosearch id: atr94 GENBANK/ENA mtDNA id: KF703542 member ISOGG

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    I noticed that Ftdna have new indicators on each person you match on FF..........there is even a blue font ..X-Match

query about my wifes matches

she has people who are on X-chromosome but have no "x-match"

She has 3rd cousins with no matrix match and no "x-match"

and she has this below ..............all people are noted as "x-match", but none appear on x-chromosome, they ALL appear in the exact same area in chromosome 12 and they all match on matrix ............but they are all 5th cousins and none of their surnames match.

where does one start with these mayhem .............or is this matrix and chromosome #12 issue an error
    DNA matches can be due to DNA inherited from as far back as 12 generations. If you don't have trees that far back for everyone you aren't going to see matching surnames. You also have to consider NPEs which would cause a different surname. Lastly not all matches are IBD Identical by Descent. Some are Identical by State. You need to get close relatives of your wife tested, parents are best if possible, and see if her matches have close relatives that have tested and if not ask them to get close relatives tested. If the match doesn't show up in parents on the same chromosome in the same region it is IBS. If they do match it is likely IBD but not 100% of the time. The following post is for small segments but you can use the same procedure for large segments. http://www.yourgeneticgenealogist.co...gments-as.html See also http://dna-explained.com/2014/11/30/...e-browser-war/

The Matching Segment Search in Tier 1 Utilities at Gedmatch can also be useful for triangulation.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmandoR1b View Post
    DNA matches can be due to DNA inherited from as far back as 12 generations. If you don't have trees that far back for everyone you aren't going to see matching surnames. You also have to consider NPEs which would cause a different surname. Lastly not all matches are IBD Identical by Descent. Some are Identical by State. You need to get close relatives of your wife tested, parents are best if possible, and see if her matches have close relatives that have tested and if not ask them to get close relatives tested. If the match doesn't show up in parents on the same chromosome in the same region it is IBS. If they do match it is likely IBD but not 100% of the time. The following post is for small segments but you can use the same procedure for large segments. http://www.yourgeneticgenealogist.co...gments-as.html See also http://dna-explained.com/2014/11/30/...e-browser-war/

The Matching Segment Search in Tier 1 Utilities at Gedmatch can also be useful for triangulation.
    thanks

No problem, match found, the person is in Sao Paulo Brasil ( where 2million veneti went between 1875 to 1895 ). the relationship was a marriage in 1834...........to conclude, the bold name was not the one, that is no link with my wife's family, but it was one of the other surnames.

BTW, my post #1 was not involved in this find

My Path = ( K-M9+, LT-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483+ )

Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-CTS6397 yDna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtDna
    Son's mtDna = K1a4p