Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: R1b L-23*...but what subclade?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    Italy
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b1b2a
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a1a

    Italy Veneto Ethiopia

    R1b L-23*...but what subclade?

    Sorry for this thread but I have to ask you a question about my haplogroup. I am L-23* (23andMe). What can I do for find my ancestral tribe. In few words, is FTDNA the only way? Thank you

  2. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    897
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2103>Y14416

    Quote Originally Posted by Meazzano View Post
    Sorry for this thread but I have to ask you a question about my haplogroup. I am L-23* (23andMe). What can I do for find my ancestral tribe. In few words, is FTDNA the only way? Thank you
    Hello Meazzano and welcome to the Anthrogenica forum. R1b-L23 is 23andme is a good start, but we can do so much more with new technologies to refine your place on the human tree. For Short tandem repeat (STR) data, needed for matching, FTDNA is the best game in town for that test. Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) testing can be done at several companies. Please join the R1b1a2 (P312- U106-) DNA Project haplogroup project when you get STR data.

    A lot of information can be found about L23 in Forum: R1b Early Subclades.

    https://www.familytreedna.com/public/ht35new
    http://www.isogg.org/wiki/Y-STR
    http://www.isogg.org/wiki/Y-DNA_SNP_testing_chart
    YFull R1b-M269>L23>Z2103>Z2106>Z2108>Y14512>Y20971>Y22199, ISOGG R1b1a1a2a2c1b Y14416, FTDNA R-M64

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    Italy
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b1b2a
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a1a

    Italy Veneto Ethiopia
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    Hello Meazzano and welcome to the Anthrogenica forum. R1b-L23 is 23andme is a good start, but we can do so much more with new technologies to refine your place on the human tree. For Short tandem repeat (STR) data, needed for matching, FTDNA is the best game in town for that test. Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) testing can be done at several companies. Please join the R1b1a2 (P312- U106-) DNA Project haplogroup project when you get STR data.

    A lot of information can be found about L23 in Forum: R1b Early Subclades.

    https://www.familytreedna.com/public/ht35new
    http://www.isogg.org/wiki/Y-STR
    http://www.isogg.org/wiki/Y-DNA_SNP_testing_chart
    Thank you Joe! But there's a problem...For now, I haven't too much money. FTDNA is very expensive...I'll wait I think. But are there other ways cheaper than it? Thak you!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meazzano For This Useful Post:

     Joe B (12-17-2014)

  5. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    897
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2103>Y14416

    Quote Originally Posted by Meazzano View Post
    Thank you Joe! But there's a problem...For now, I haven't too much money. FTDNA is very expensive...I'll wait I think. But are there other ways cheaper than it? Thak you!
    I wish there was another way to get that STR data into the R1b1a2 (P312- U106-) DNA haplogroup project or any other FTDNA project. We need at least the first 12 STRs tested at FTDNA. YSEQ does a great job testing STRs and SNPs, but the data does not transfer to FTDNA for project usage. We can track your YSEQ data after we get some STRs from FTDNA. The sale price at FTDNA is $129 for a 37 STR test. Maybe a coupon can be found to help. Please check with the Italy DNA Project to see if they have any ideas. The STR and SNP testing are well worth the money.
    It's too little data, but does anybody know if FTDNA still sells a 12 STR test?
    Last edited by Joe B; 12-17-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    YFull R1b-M269>L23>Z2103>Z2106>Z2108>Y14512>Y20971>Y22199, ISOGG R1b1a1a2a2c1b Y14416, FTDNA R-M64

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    Italy
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b1b2a
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a1a

    Italy Veneto Ethiopia
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    I wish there was another way to get that STR data into the R1b1a2 (P312- U106-) DNA haplogroup project or any other FTDNA project. We need at least the first 12 STRs tested at FTDNA. YSEQ does a great job testing STRs and SNPs, but the data does not transfer to FTDNA for project usage. We can track your YSEQ data after we get some STRs from FTDNA. The sale price at FTDNA is $129 for a 37 STR test. Maybe a coupon can be found to help. Please check with the Italy DNA Project to see if they have any ideas. The STR and SNP testing are well worth the money.
    It's too little data, but does anybody know if FTDNA still sells a 12 STR test?
    Thank you Joe, again. I'll see Italy DNA Project. However I want to explain my situation: My surname is Montingelli. It comes from northern Apulia (modern Puglia in southern Italy). Most of the people refer to greek colonization. But I don't know....Greeks settled in southern Apulia. Although it is very difficult, what options would you see as most likely, both in terms of subclades, both in terms of more concrete ethnography (Daunes, Greeks etc.)...thank you!

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    Italy
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b1b2a
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a1a

    Italy Veneto Ethiopia
    Italy DNA project is temporary unavaible...

  8. #7
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,344
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Ethnicity
    British-Scandinavian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF99
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a

    England Denmark Wales Scotland Sweden
    There is someone in the R1b-P312 and Subclades Project of apparent Hungarian origin whose Big Y test results show him as R1b-L23*. Can anyone advise me on what project(s) I should urge him to join?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldenHind For This Useful Post:

     Joe B (02-27-2015)

  10. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    897
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2103>Y14416

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenHind View Post
    There is someone in the R1b-P312 and Subclades Project of apparent Hungarian origin whose Big Y test results show him as R1b-L23*. Can anyone advise me on what project(s) I should urge him to join?
    Please have that individual join the R1b1a2 (P312- U106-) DNA Project. This person is R1b-Z2109 like myself and we really want this person to join. R1b-M269>L23>Z2103>Z2106>Z2108>Z2109>M64.3
    Thanks GoldenHind
    YFull R1b-M269>L23>Z2103>Z2106>Z2108>Y14512>Y20971>Y22199, ISOGG R1b1a1a2a2c1b Y14416, FTDNA R-M64

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe B For This Useful Post:

     GoldenHind (02-27-2015)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2021, 02:15 PM
  2. H3z anyone else have this subclade?
    By Tomoboy092 in forum H
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2021, 07:23 PM
  3. Help with R1b subclade
    By alexdan in forum R1b General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-07-2019, 07:37 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-14-2018, 02:29 AM
  5. J1 subclade?
    By Sakattack in forum J1-M267
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •