Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Age of PF6658/Z193?

Sex

Hi Fetterley, my cousin's haplogroup FGC5033 is near to yours on the Alex Williamson - Big Y Tree. It is listed under the name 'Bohun'. It has just been confirmed as finished, but still has a small side bar in pink indicating that there is something unfinished? I can't get more info on FGC5033 at all - I am interested in origins. I wonder if I should get SNP's tested but everything I read about Z193 and PF6658 and downstream seems to say that they are difficult to test. I don't know why. If you have any info regarding this please let me know - this is my mothers fathers line and I have it documented back to 1700 in Devon England and nothing before that - hence the search. Cheers, Kerry

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West European
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    U152: A9024/BY3644
    mtDNA
    H1c3b 'Helga'

England Wales
    Hi

This is what I heard:

Unreliable as can come in positive or negative due to heterozygous properties

Quote Originally Posted by kendon View Post
    I wonder if I should get SNP's tested but everything I read about Z193 and PF6658 and downstream seems to say that they are difficult to test. I don't know why.
    LivingDNA link: Hidden Content

Ancestry:

England, Wales & Northwestern Europe 50%
    Northern England, Ireland and Scotland 39%
    Norway 5%
    Sweden 4%
    Germanic Europe 2%

My known English ancestral lines:

U152: A9024/BY3644 @ Vallum Aelium
    H1c3b Salford (mother)
    U4a3a Biddick, Durham (paternal grandfather's mother)
    U198 Stanhope, Durham (paternal gg grandfather)
    K1a-T195C! Wigan, Lancs (paternal grandmother)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West European
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H1c3b 'Helga'

England Wales
    For SNP CTS2617 in STRs for DYS511 it gives 9 for ancestral and 10 derived in the listing. So is CTS2617 9 or 10 or either?

https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-U152/

Edit: I found it: 10
    Last edited by Solothurn; 09-15-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Ancestry:

Norway 5%
    Sweden 4%
    Germanic Europe 2%

H1c3b Salford (mother)

Sex

Is there any news about Z193/PF6658/FGC5033.Whyis this haplogrouping so seemingly obscure?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West European
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H1c3b 'Helga'

England Wales
    Hi

Steve Wear already did this, but more BigY results can bring in more recent SNPs

Edit: sorry still half asleep, yfull not BigY

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Republic Ware View Post
    Should someone in our group order the YFull, so our placement into the YTree is confirmed ?
    Last edited by Solothurn; 09-30-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Ancestry:

Norway 5%
    Sweden 4%
    Germanic Europe 2%

H1c3b Salford (mother)

Y-DNA
    PF6658>PF6653 et al

For the first time we have someone from PF6658/Z193 who is PF6653+ but not DYS590=6. He is also BY6684. I submitted a request to FTDNA to move the rest of the SNPs previously on this level to a new subclade under PF6653/BY6684. The new tester is from Algeria and the family lore is that his ancestors arrived there by boat at some point in the past, but he does not know when. The question is, did they come directly from Sardinia or from continental Europe? His closest matches on the Big Y are the DYS590=6 group from Great Britain/North America and a large number of participants in the Sardinia Project. Unfortunately, the Sardinia project did not include STR testing so we cannot compare that.

Michael Talley

Sex

Hi everyone. I have made the Big Y test and the results came back few days ago that my confirmed haplogroup is R-Z193/PF6658. I am from Egypt so i am trying to discover the history of my family back to Europe which is a very big challenge. I have reached some information like Z193 is very rare in Europe, i have only one guy in the same branch in FTDNA tree but he is from England, the highest Z192 concentration in Italy is in Sardinia which might be the origin of my family and our bloodline may be crossed the sea from Italy to Egypt during the Roman invasion 2000 years ago. I still have no big y matches but i would like you if you have information that could be helpful in my search. Thanks

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italo-Iberian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U152+L2+FGC10543
    mtDNA
    H4a1-T152C!

United States of America Italy 1861-1946 Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
    Hi everyone. I have made the Big Y test and the results came back few days ago that my confirmed haplogroup is R-Z193/PF6658. I am from Egypt so i am trying to discover the history of my family back to Europe which is a very big challenge. I have reached some information like Z193 is very rare in Europe, i have only one guy in the same branch in FTDNA tree but he is from England, the highest Z192 concentration in Italy is in Sardinia which might be the origin of my family and our bloodline may be crossed the sea from Italy to Egypt during the Roman invasion 2000 years ago. I still have no big y matches but i would like you if you have information that could be helpful in my search. Thanks
    Ahmed, Z193 is also quite common in places like Tuscany. Your suspicion of a Roman origin is very likely IMO but is hard to prove with the limited amount of data we have.
    Paternal: R1b-U152 >> L2 >> FGC10543, Pietro della Rocca, b. 1559, Agira, Sicily, Italy
    Maternal: H4a1-T152C!, Maria Coto, b. ~1864, Galicia, Spain
    Mother's Paternal: J1+ FGC4745/FGC4766+ PF5019+, Gerardo Caprio, b. 1879, Caposele, Avellino, Campania, Italy
    Father's Maternal: T2b-C150T, Francisca Santa Cruz, b.1916, Garganchon, Burgos, Spain
    Paternal Great (x3) Grandfather: R1b-U106 >> L48 >> CTS2509, Filippo Ensabella, b.~1836, Agira, Sicily, Italy

Sex

Thank you. Yes it is still guesses and i am trying to find the first clue but may be not a lot of people have done the big y test of my matches so this makes it harder . I did the big y test , family finder and 23 and me as well so i have some good genetic information so what do you think the best thing to start with?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234