Thread: I1a* PF49+

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1 PF49+
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c3f

I1a* PF49+

I stumbled in here by accident, much as I seem to arrive anywhere..

I had my first dna testing done a dozen years ago with FTDNA, and added more markers as they made them available, to the full 111 they offer now.
    Never had much luck in the matching department there. Imported results to Ancestry when they allowed it, and found a few 'close' matches, nothing within the 5 generations I can confirm, but close enough that I'm sure, based on their paper trails and my own, that there is a connection, all roads lead back to the same general areas in Virginia and North Carolina.

Did the Big Y last fall, and sent it off to Y-Full for their analysis. Prior to that I only knew I was I-M253, then I1.
    The Big Y reported DF29 and PF49 both as no call, but I was negative for everything else under I1. So, after trading a couple of emails with Ken Knorvedt I requested a single SNP test for PF49, which as Ken suspected, returned as positive.
    I see very few PF49+ so far, and both ISOGG and YFull have not yet placed them on the Tree.
    ISOGG does have a link to https://sites.google.com/site/compositeytree/i posted, which shows PF49, but indicates the location is not confirmed, and labels it as I1a12c
    FTDNA labels PF49+ as I1b7

I'm still waiting to find out where it falls, but I am an impatient man apparently.

Big Y matching turns me up a lot of Swedes, Norwegians, and some Danes sharing quite a few novel SNPs. Along with some Scots and Irishmen, or folks who can trace descent from them.

I'm assuming for the time being, that family stories of being Scots-Irish are correct (the few Y matches I have also report Scots-Irish descent) and that those Scots were a product of 'Nordic Visitors', the guys in the longboats...

~J

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimjwilliamson For This Useful Post:

Mr Green (04-30-2015),  palamede (01-28-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2961>ZZ30>ZP106
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1c1

United States of America United States Tree Flag Bermuda United Kingdom France Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjwilliamson View Post
    I stumbled in here by accident, much as I seem to arrive anywhere..
    Welcome to Anthrogenica!
    dp :-)
    Grace and good eure and long prosperitee. [Lydg. Mum. Goldsmiths]

ysearch/mitosearch id: atr94 GENBANK/ENA mtDNA id: KF703542 member ISOGG

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dp For This Useful Post:

Scarlet Ibis (04-16-2015)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Nationality
    Irish-Scotish-Welsh-Brits
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-PF49
    mtDNA (M)
    H3aa

Your post is quite interesting and similar to mine. After recent GENO 2.0 testing and transfer of those results into FTDNA, my Haplogroup was changed from I1* at 23 and Me to I-M253 at GENO 2.0, and then to I-PF49. I too, have many relatives in the North Carolina, TN, SC, Virginia...South, but none that I knew of until after I began DNA and other geneology type work. I have learned that I am a descendant of Etheldred Boone (b. 1776) through my paternal line which would make him the same I-PF49 Haplogroup. However, neither I, nor meant others have been able to trace

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2961>ZZ30>ZP106
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1c1

United States of America United States Tree Flag Bermuda United Kingdom France Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Boone Butz View Post
    Your post is quite interesting and similar to mine. After recent GENO 2.0 testing and transfer of those results into FTDNA, my Haplogroup was changed from I1* at 23 and Me to I-M253 at GENO 2.0, and then to I-PF49. I too, have many relatives in the North Carolina, TN, SC, Virginia...South, but none that I knew of until after I began DNA and other geneology type work. I have learned that I am a descendant of Etheldred Boone (b. 1776) through my paternal line which would make him the same I-PF49 Haplogroup. However, neither I, nor meant others have been able to trace
    Dear Francis,
    It's still pretty good that you trace to a child of the Revolutionary War era. You may try looking through patriot Pension Applications and see if any Boone's had an Etheldred as an heir. Do you know when he died, and where he lived?
    Welcome to Anthrogencia.
    dp :-)
    Grace and good eure and long prosperitee. [Lydg. Mum. Goldsmiths]

ysearch/mitosearch id: atr94 GENBANK/ENA mtDNA id: KF703542 member ISOGG

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1 PF49+
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c3f

I'm still mucking about, waiting for all the pieces to fall into my lap... as if...

In the meantime, Y-Full is on the ball, and has dubbed PF49 as synonymous with where they place me on their tree at Y11248 (FGC 24006)
    http://www.yfull.com/tree/I1a/

Here's to hoping it leads somewhere.
    Last edited by jimjwilliamson; 05-06-2015 at 08:59 PM.
    ~Jim Williamson
    Southern Illinois, USA
    FTDNA Kit #18631 - YSearch 2KTUA
    YFull - YF02388
    FGC - 2WQL6