Y-DNA (P)
    I-L1228 (my dad)
    mtDNA (M)
    V10b2
    mtDNA (P)
    v

England Denmark Ireland Scotland

Colds

I never seem to catch colds even when everyone around me is coughing and sneezing, sometimes I feel like I am getting one then it goes after an hour.

Does this mean my immune system is working well and killing the virus or not reacting to the virus so I get no symptoms.

basque
    Last edited by basque; 02-10-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Me: Susan Cotton Ackroyd mito hg V10b2. Gedmatch: DT6812170 testing companies FTDNA: 23&me: Living DNA

My dad Maurice Arthur Cotton Y-DNA I-L1228. L1227-L1228+L623-L801-CTS9183- Mito hg V Gedmatch: XL1021420 testing company FTDNA

My cousin William Bainbridge Y DNA R-U150 subclade R-Z150 Mito hg H3g1 Gedmatch:TX8645666 testing company Living DNA

Yorkshire, Lancashire, Birmingham Warwickshire, Worcestershire, London, Denmark, Cumbria, Scotland

Floss Stretch Lift Weights Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Amereurasian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2-P15
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1d

United States of America Italy Veneto Germany Albania Georgia Finland
    I see this is an old question but it might be ccr5 delta 32 mutation , I read they think it might work to mutate the receptors the flu virus uses as well as Smallpox ,Black Death , and HIV ,that or you have a great immune system . Did you get a smallpox inoculation and not react to it ?, they tried it on me 5 times as a child and twice in the military before they decided I was born immune but I do not know if it is from ccr5 mutation or if it is if it is on both sides or just one. And I too do not get sick when all around me are.

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z12
    mtDNA (M)
    I3b (FMS)

I used to catch colds and flu whenever they were around, especially when using public transport, and they took ages to clear up. However, some years ago I was convinced by a work colleague (who never seemed to succumb) to get into the vitamin C habit. I started drinking fresh orange or mandarin juice every single day and since then I have almost completely dodged colds and the flu.

I did manage to cop a dose of flu from a young kid who sneezed right into my face but that was comparatively mild and took only a few days to recover from rather than the days in bed I used to experience.

So, keeping up the vitamin C works for my metabolism. Your mileage may vary.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GTC For This Useful Post:

MikeWhalen (03-02-2015)

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z12
    mtDNA (M)
    I3b (FMS)

I used to catch colds and flu whenever they were around, especially when using public transport, and they took ages to clear up. However, some years ago I was convinced by a work colleague (who never seemed to succumb) to get into the vitamin C habit. I started drinking a large glass of fresh orange or mandarin juice every single day and since then I have almost completely dodged colds and the flu.

I did manage to cop a dose of flu from a young kid who sneezed right into my face but that was comparatively mild and took only a few days to recover from rather than the days in bed I used to experience.

So, keeping up the vitamin C works for my metabolism. Your mileage may vary.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Amereurasian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2-P15
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1d

United States of America Italy Veneto Germany Albania Georgia Finland
    I think we are talking of never getting a cold or flu ,not just rarely getting one. But I did look and found this about vitamin C

Large doses of vitamin C may help reduce the duration of a cold, but they do not appear to protect against one in the first place, even after exposure to a cold. Vitamin C may only be useful in case of a cold if you have low levels of this nutrient to begin with. Ref: nim.nih.gov/ Medlineplus

I think there might be something at work with C , but I do not think
    a Vitamin can stop a Virus. Marmite maybe ,but not C.
    Last edited by rock hunter; 03-02-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    u2b2 gonur;swat

I don't catch cold/flu either. I never get those freaky flu shots either.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to surbakhunWeesste For This Useful Post:

Gray Fox (03-05-2015)